PDA

View Full Version : Why is Rush discussion dominating?

sack316
03-08-2012, 11:07 AM
just a quick pop in for me today...

But seems to be a lot of topics on Rush's comments, both on here and elsewhere.

Which is well and good. I feel he was way out of line and had no business phrasing his comments the way he did. It was distasteful to say the VERY least.

But also, isn't there so much else (bad and good) to report about and discuss that weighs slightly more heavily than a pundit's offensive terminology? Not to minimize the Rush fiasco, but there's a laundry list of other events here and abroad that impact ourselves and the world quite a bit more.

Sack

Sid_Vicious
03-08-2012, 12:15 PM
A lot of what's wrong with today's influental media today comes from dipshits like Rush. Yes, I think it certainly IS good to make it a highlight Sack. I can't remember right now what it was that Dan Rather said a while back that ran him off the air, but it couldn't have been as negative as Rush about women, the group comprising more than half of the population. The honest world could do without trashy people like Rush Limbaugh, and things like this is great fodder to prove that IMO. The guy distorts the other issues you elude to, and left unchecked, Rush poisons the lame-r brained folks with his puke.

I say givem hell! sid

llotter
03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
The Left hates Rush because he never tires of pointing out their stupidity. They see this kerfuffle as a chance to get him off the air as they have done with others but have only shown themselves again that Rush is Right, the Left is really stupid.

Soflasnapper
03-08-2012, 04:22 PM
It's a combination of Rush so clearly bullying a relatively powerless young woman in such a coarse way over 3 broadcast days at great length, the proliferation of the social media and how viral things can go, and of course, the appearance of blood in the water since the GBeck end may be thought to be related to the similar Color of Change-led boycott of his advertisers and their withdrawal.

But see my post, the case against the case against Rush, for why this isn't good, probably.

DiabloViejo
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Left hates Rush because he never tires of pointing out their stupidity. They see this kerfuffle as a chance to get him off the air as they have done with others but have only shown themselves again that Rush is Right, the Left is really stupid. </div></div>

Stupid Republicans (http://youtu.be/F9GMwlx2XxA)

LWW
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Because it deflects the public's attention away from the destruction caused by the current regime's war on prosperity.

Sev
03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I guess the left thinks it more offensive than one of their liberal hosts, Mallow, calling the tornado victims grease spots crushed by their god.

Soflasnapper
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Did you mean Mike Malloy, or Rachel Madcow?

Qtec
03-08-2012, 07:03 PM
How about the outrage over the LACK of condemnation from the Republican Pres candidates and the leaders of the GOP?

Any normal person knows Rush went WAY OTP. He should be condemned for that by all, <u>especially</u> by those who want to be POTUS!
When they<u> don't</u> condemn him, what are decent people to do? How do they make their voice heard? Wait for an election that's a year away?

They get on the net and complain.

If Rush had just called her a slut and a prostitute, this story would be dead after his 'apology'.
The disturbing facts are that Rush presented her 11 minute testimony into,

"I am Ms Flake. I am having SOOOOO much SEX I can't afford it any more. My HC doesn't cover contraception and every time I have sex, which is about 3 times a day, I have to take another pill. Its costing me too much money so I demand you give it to me for free.....because I need my sex....etc etc etc "

The guy is a hate merchant. He should be in jail, but OTOH, is he just an entertainer making a bad joke?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"To the extent that my remarks helped the Democrats in Washington to take the focus, even for one minute, off of their irresponsible expansion of government, I truly apologize," Steele said late Monday.

Steele's statement capped a remarkable weekend of awkward sparring between Republican officials and Limbaugh, who has repeatedly voiced his desire that President Barack Obama's economic policies fail.

The back and forth reached a fever pitch Monday afternoon when Limbaugh roared back in response to a Steele interview with CNN's D.L. Hughley Saturday night. In that interview, Steele rejected assertions that Limbaugh was the "de facto" leader of the Republican Party. "Rush Limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment," Steele said then. "Yes, it's incendiary. Yes, it's ugly."

Limbaugh used his Monday talk show to unleash on Steele.

"Why are you running the Republican Party?" Limbaugh asked on his radio show. "Why do you claim you lead the Republican Party when you seem obsessed with seeing to it that President Obama succeeds? ... I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit." </div></div>

Oh boy! What can happen next?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Distracting episode for GOP
The infighting between a top party official and a conservative opinion leader who claims to have an audience of 20 million developed into a distracting episode for a party struggling to compete with a popular president and find its voice as the opposition party.
Advertise | AdChoices

"<u>I respect Rush Limbaugh,</u> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>he is a national conservative leader,</span> and in no way do I want to diminish his voice," Steele said in a statement late Monday. "I'm sure that he and I will agree most of the time, but will probably disagree some as well, which is fine. </div></div>

Q.....

sack316
03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of what's wrong with today's influental media today comes from dipshits like Rush. Yes, I think it certainly IS good to make it a highlight Sack. I can't remember right now what it was that Dan Rather said a while back that ran him off the air, but it couldn't have been as negative as Rush about women, the group comprising more than half of the population. The honest world could do without trashy people like Rush Limbaugh, and things like this is great fodder to prove that IMO. The guy distorts the other issues you elude to, and left unchecked, Rush poisons the lame-r brained folks with his puke.

I say givem hell! sid </div></div>

And yet the solution is to give MORE attention to him?

I'm betting that when the dust settles all the hooplah about this will give him stronger ratings than ever. He'll wind up rewarded for his error because of the very same people trying to punish him for it.

Sack

Qtec
03-09-2012, 03:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And yet the solution is to give MORE attention to him? </div></div>

There are some things you just can't ignore.

Q

Soflasnapper
03-09-2012, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the outrage over the LACK of condemnation from the Republican Pres candidates and the leaders of the GOP?

Any normal person knows Rush went WAY OTP. He should be condemned for that by all, <u>especially</u> by those who want to be POTUS!
When they<u> don't</u> condemn him, what are decent people to do? How do they make their voice heard? Wait for an election that's a year away?

They get on the net and complain.

If Rush had just called her a slut and a prostitute, this story would be dead after his 'apology'.
The disturbing facts are that Rush presented her 11 minute testimony into,

"I am Ms Flake. I am having SOOOOO much SEX I can't afford it any more. My HC doesn't cover contraception and every time I have sex, which is about 3 times a day, I have to take another pill. Its costing me too much money so I demand you give it to me for free.....because I need my sex....etc etc etc "

The guy is a hate merchant. He should be in jail, but OTOH, is he just an entertainer making a bad joke?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"To the extent that my remarks helped the Democrats in Washington to take the focus, even for one minute, off of their irresponsible expansion of government, I truly apologize," Steele said late Monday.

Steele's statement capped a remarkable weekend of awkward sparring between Republican officials and Limbaugh, who has repeatedly voiced his desire that President Barack Obama's economic policies fail.

The back and forth reached a fever pitch Monday afternoon when Limbaugh roared back in response to a Steele interview with CNN's D.L. Hughley Saturday night. In that interview, Steele rejected assertions that Limbaugh was the "de facto" leader of the Republican Party. "Rush Limbaugh, his whole thing is entertainment," Steele said then. "Yes, it's incendiary. Yes, it's ugly."

Limbaugh used his Monday talk show to unleash on Steele.

"Why are you running the Republican Party?" Limbaugh asked on his radio show. "Why do you claim you lead the Republican Party when you seem obsessed with seeing to it that President Obama succeeds? ... I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit." </div></div>

Oh boy! What can happen next?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Distracting episode for GOP
The infighting between a top party official and a conservative opinion leader who claims to have an audience of 20 million developed into a distracting episode for a party struggling to compete with a popular president and find its voice as the opposition party.
Advertise | AdChoices

"<u>I respect Rush Limbaugh,</u> <span style='font-size: 20pt'>he is a national conservative leader,</span> and in no way do I want to diminish his voice," Steele said in a statement late Monday. "I'm sure that he and I will agree most of the time, but will probably disagree some as well, which is fine. </div></div>

Q..... </div></div>

I have been explaining my general position on outrage.

Now you suggest meta-outrage? Outrage over outrage or its lack?

I reject that more than general outrage! Homey don't play dat!

sack316
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
That's outrageous /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack