PDA

View Full Version : This is Another Good Column by Mark Steyn

llotter
03-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Mark is always funny and insightful.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/fluke-343935-sex-right.html

I will say, that mocking the Left has been ineffectual as a tool to defeat them, however. Maybe it's because very few politicians on the Right have a sense of humor.

Soflasnapper
03-12-2012, 03:10 PM
I find Mr. Steyn an inconsequential back-bencher* of limited talents. Luckily for him, it will probably serve him well as being under the radar of higher profile targetable right wingers.

His mock Aussie accent and supercilious twit joking style are uniquely annoying, so at least that's something.

*Mark Levin constantly talks about the 'back-benchers' on the right, by whom I guess he means everybody but BFF Sean Hannity, maybe Rush. I think they all hate Michael Weiner (Savage).

cushioncrawler
03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I am sitting less than 100 paces from real ozzie bush.
But i reckon that Steyn seems to be mainly supporting what rush sayd and how rush sayd it, about Fluke, by simply po-poing what Fluke sayd, and by po-poing Fluke herself.
Not much logik in that.

And then Steyn uzes some krappynomix to help justify hiz attitude to what Fluke sayd.
No komment needed on that.
No, i will komment on that. I dont mind ekonomix being uzed in a moral arguement. Preferrably not, but sometimes iz ok.
But uzing bad krappynomix (sorry about the tautology) iz unlikely to take u in a good direktion.
mac.

LWW
03-13-2012, 04:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark is always funny and insightful.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/fluke-343935-sex-right.html

I will say, that mocking the Left has been ineffectual as a tool to defeat them, however. Maybe it's because very few politicians on the Right have a sense of humor. </div></div>

I disagree ... it hasn't worked because so few pols on the right have the stones to do it.

Research the Reagan campaigns and you can see how effective a tactic it is.

Qtec
03-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Mark Steyn is factually wrong on almost every count.

The ACA mandates that <u>all preventative HC be included in ALL HC policies.</u>
WHY you ask?.... Because it cuts<u> HC costs and saves money</u> in the long run, something that the RW have been in a tizzy about for the last 3 years.

Q

eg8r
03-13-2012, 07:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qtip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Steyn is factually wrong on almost every count.
</div></div>So says the most factually wrong member of the CCB.

eg8r

LWW
03-13-2012, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qtip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Steyn is factually wrong on almost every count.

eg8r </div></div>

See the other concurrent thread where he denies that the month of March exists.

Qtec
03-13-2012, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qtip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Steyn is factually wrong on almost every count.

eg8r </div></div>

When was the last time you verbally farted and backed it up with facts?

NEVER.

All you give us is your own factual deficient opinion.

ie, you can NEVER back up ANYTHING you say with some REAL evidence to support that ASSUMPTION..

Your obstinate denial of the FACT that ABSTINENCE is ineffective is a classic example.

Basically, your total contribution to this board is you flapping your mouth incessantly!

Flap away!

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Just because qtip says it is a "fact" doesn't make it so.

eg8r

LWW
03-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Then why don't you back up your claim(s) about Steyn?

DiabloViejo
03-14-2012, 12:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qtip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Steyn is factually wrong on almost every count.

eg8r </div></div>

When was the last time you verbally farted and backed it up with facts?

NEVER.

All you give us is your own factual deficient opinion.

ie, you can NEVER back up ANYTHING you say with some REAL evidence to support that ASSUMPTION..

Your obstinate denial of the FACT that ABSTINENCE is ineffective is a classic example.

Basically, your total contribution to this board is you flapping your mouth incessantly!

Flap away!

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

He (egr8) can't back his stuff up because he's a one trick pony. It's amusing to see him crumple each and every time, he's confronted. And then he'll simply resort to his standard tactic of ad-hominem bullsh*t. It's like arguing with a petulant child, and about as rewarding.