PDA

View Full Version : Prediction of Souquet looking good !!!

Doomsday Machine
09-29-2002, 09:30 AM
My prediction before the U.S. Open started that Ralf may win it is looking pretty good right now. He is an extremely talented player with over 182 tournaments won !! His calm, cool demeanor usually rattles his "hot-head" opponents (like "The Pearl"). I've known him personally for about 16 years and have even played against/with him in several tournaments in Germany & Switzerland. In one match (finals of the winners bracket in Mannheim) he beat me 11-3 and I think I actually had about 4 shots the ENTIRE MATCH.

I hope he wins it tonight, and even if he finishes second it is still quite a feat to be proud of !!!

Harold Acosta
09-29-2002, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doomsday Machine:</font><hr> My prediction before the U.S. Open started that Ralf may win it is looking pretty good right now. He is an extremely talented player with over 182 tournaments won !! His calm, cool demeanor usually rattles his "hot-head" opponents (like "The Pearl"). I've known him personally for about 16 years and have even played against/with him in several tournaments in Germany &amp; Switzerland. In one match (finals of the winners bracket in Mannheim) he beat me 11-3 and I think I actually had about 4 shots the ENTIRE MATCH.

I hope he wins it tonight, and even if he finishes second it is still quite a feat to be proud of !!! <hr></blockquote>

I had written on this board that Strickland had a legitimate chance to win his 6th US Open title, and at least he still has an opportunity. I also said in another post that the finals would be between Strickland and Rodney Morris with Rodney winning it all. Rodney also has an opportunity.

In another post I said that the US Open title would be a great addition to Ralf's resume.

So, hey, 3 out of the final four is not bad. I'm in the money!