PDA

View Full Version : Coulter: GOP has problem w/ con men & charlatans

DiabloViejo
03-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Coulter takes swipe at Palin & GOP "con men / charlatans" (http://youtu.be/0yn7XFdAjUA)

Coulter on Palin, brokered convention: GOP has ‘a problem with con men and charlatans’
Published: 10:36 AM 03/14/2012
Daily Caller.com (http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/14/coulter-on-palin-brokered-convention-gop-has-a-problem-with-con-men-and-charlatans/#ixzz1p75E7OYK)

Conservative columnist Ann Coulter, the author of “Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America,” took some shots at those seeking the limelight in the Republican Party and the conservative movement Monday night at the Indian River County Republican Party’s Lincoln Day Dinner in Vero Beach, Fla.

Coulter, who was asked about the prospects of a brokered Republican convention, hinted — as she has done in the past – that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is promoting the idea because she would like to be considered for the GOP nomination should a brokered convention occur. Coulter warned that selecting a candidate that way would void the vetting process that has weeded out inferior candidates.

“One of the ones promoting that [a brokered convention] is Sarah Palin, who has suggested herself as the choice,” Coulter said. “I think as long as it’s between us girls — I’ve been observing something about her. I don’t think it’s likely to happen. I don’t know what these people are cheering for. As I wrote in a column a few weeks back, who is this dream candidate we’re hoping to get from the convention, because Rick Perry used to be the dream candidate. Can we see them in a debate first?”

Coulter said that might be a weakness in the Republican Party as a whole — that certain individuals become celebrities and are allowed to profit off that status and yet still interfere in GOP politics, which Democrats have been able to avoid.

“And just a more corporate problem is I think our party and particularly our movement, the conservative movement, does have more of a problem with con men and charlatans than the Democratic Party,” she said. “I mean, the incentives seem to be set up to allow people — as long as you have a band of a few million fanatical followers, you can make money. The Democrats have managed to figure out how not to do that.”

She cited Ohio Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich and former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean as examples where despite having a loyal following, Democrats haven’t honored him with even an MSNBC show.

“No, no, no — you embarrass us and drag this thing out, you are finished in the Democratic Party,” she said.

Coulter proposed a pledge for Republican presidential candidates, which would be meant to limit their ability to profit off of political stardom.

“The one pledge I support and I think I’m going to draft it up is for all Republican nominees for president — I want them to sign a pledge saying, ‘If I lose the nomination I pledge I will not take a gig with Fox News or write a book.’”

Soflasnapper
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Gosh, who do you think she's referencing in these remarks?

I cannot imagine! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Ok, perhaps more easily, which of them on that side are NOT 'con men or charlatans'?

Coulter herself qualifies in her zany lying book stylings, although not as a con 'man,' perhaps.

DiabloViejo
03-15-2012, 03:05 PM
It's weird watching them try to outdo each other in pandering to the hard right. It's like watching a bunch of baboons fighting in a pit.

When the GOP embraced the lunatic fringe of their base, they also embraced Christian Dominionists, racists, homophobes, ignorant brutes, fascists, ultra-rightist and their "anti-everything that does not precisely mesh with my misinformed views attitude."

Reagan opened the door somewhat to that demographic when he embraced the Moral Majority, but the GOP still kept the more embarrassing and extreme fringe elements of the party in check. Now it's the lunatics running the asylum!

The lunatics bided their time and reemerged as the Tea Party movement. Time and history will record that accepting and embracing the Tea Party was the cause of the GOP's eventual demise.

More and more decent folks are getting absolutely fed up with the crap the GOP is dishing out. Pressure is building and a backlash is coming.

The numbers in a recent Pew survey don't look promising for the GOP brand.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-pn...4,0,62506.story (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-pn-poll-primary-battle-has-hurt-gops-image-among-young-nonwhites-20120314,0,62506.story)

Excerpt from article at the above link:

<span style="color: #3366FF">And the numbers in the Pew survey provide some bad omens for the GOP.

Latinos, for example, view the Republican Party unfavorably by a 2-1 margin (30% favorable, 60% unfavorable). By contrast, Latinos view the Democrats favorably, 56%-31%.

The picture among Americans under 30 is almost as negative, with 34% viewing the GOP favorably, while 53% have an unfavorable view. Their view of Democrats is almost the exact opposite, 54% have a positive view, and 35% negative. Among those with a college degree or more, only 31% said they had a favorable view of the Republicans, while 66% were unfavorable. That group, which was a key to Barack Obama’s victory in 2008, views Democrats favorably by 55%-42%.</span>

ugotda7
03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
And your thoughts are.......oh, again, that's right you can't think for yourself. Carry on.

DiabloViejo
03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And your thoughts are.......oh, again, that's right you can't think for yourself. Carry on. </div></div>

Son, it's not my fault that you are functionally illiterate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

cushioncrawler
03-16-2012, 08:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">......The lunatics bided their time and reemerged as the Tea Party movement. Time and history will record that accepting and embracing the Tea Party was the cause of the GOP's eventual demise......</div></div>The Teaparty iz just one more tribe. The GOP haz more tribes than the Dems.
But its the superpacs that will funnyly enuff fuel the GOP tribal wars and help ensure the GOP's defeat. Who would hav thort. Every cloud haz a silver lining. Its an ill wind that blows no good.

At least thats the story when the prez iz a 1st term Dem.
mac.

Delta smelta watching.

Stretch
03-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Worse than losing the ethnic vote, they are doing their best to lose the Womans vote. That's going to hurt.......St.

llotter
03-17-2012, 04:22 AM
When it comes to buying votes, you are right, Republicans are rank amateurs and when they try to play on the field group rights instead of individual rights, they always lose to the professionals.