PDA

View Full Version : Obama and the number 17

Soflasnapper
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Ran across some interesting commentary recently, which claimed that Obama's acceptance speech at the nominating convention was 17 minutes long, that his inaugural speech was 17 minutes long, and now the new campaign movie ad is also 17 minutes long.

The inauguration was scheduled for 17:00 hours GMT (noon, EST), and went off actually at 12:05 local time (12+5 = 17).

Searching a little more, I found that a couple of days ago, Obama was touting the 17 million children extra who had coverage due to his ACA bill.

Obama's last vacation to Hawaii in December of last year was scheduled to begin on the 17th, and last for 17 days. He went to that Brietbart-revealed play about Alinsky 17 years after Alinsky's death.

Both BHO's and MO's full names add up in standard fashion to 17, as did Reagan's, a number relating to immortality. As the number 17 is not a master number, it becomes further reduced by adding the two digits, to 8. "17 is the number of Immortality and 8 is the number of overcoming obstacles. 8 signifies strength, power, and eternal life." (by one source's claim)

Remember when Obama was all 'pass this bill!' at Congress? He said THAT 17 times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Number Of Times Obama Shrieked “Pass This Bill” During Speech To Congress: 17… </div></div>

Here, with a mashup of all the times saying it video linked. (http://weaselzippers.us/2011/09/08/number-of-times-obama-shrieked-pass-this-bill-during-speech-to-congress-17/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama administration announced that it will cancel the deportations of as many as 17,000 undocumented immigrants who are applying for lawful status and have no criminal convictions. Those released will be allowed to return to their families and communities as they trod through the immigration application process. </div></div>

Report here (http://colorlines.com/archives/2010/08/obama_stops_deportations_on_pace_for_record.html)

We find this claim:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 17 Million Unnecessary College Degrees; Obama Administration Seeks to Increase the Number</div></div>

Here (http://www.openmarket.org/2010/12/09/17-million-unnecessary-college-degrees-obama-administration-seeks-to-increase-the-number/)

Currently, this is news from the Senate:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McConnell: I’m Filibustering Seventeen Judges Because Reid Made Republicans ‘Look Bad’

By Ian Millhiser on Mar 13, 2012 at 5:46 pm

In an exchange that seems designed to prove why fewer Americans approve of Congress than approve of communism or the BP oil spill, Senate Leaders Harry Reid (D-NV) and Mitch McConnell (R-KY) engaged in a long debate this morning over why Reid is currently trying to break seventeen filibusters of President Obama’s judicial nominees. The exchange culminated with McConnell admitting that, even though all these judges will be confirmed eventually, he is blocking them now because he is upset that Reid’s making him look bad: </div></div>

Here, within a week's time from now (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/13/444005/mcconnell-im-filibustering-seventeen-judges-because-reid-made-republicans-look-bad/)

Also, 17 women in the Senate?

From way back in '09:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Either Obama Is A Liar, Or The Number Of Uninsured Americans Just Shrunk By 17 Million</div></div>

From the day before St. Patrick's Day (3/17), Obama was around Atlanta, at Tyler Perry's place, for fundraising:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Common people with a minimum $500 contribution will get to attend the first fundraiser at Tyler Perry’s studios in Southwest Atlanta. Those with a spare $35,000 or so will be allowed in to a later event to be held at Perry’s personal Buckhead home. It’s a cozy 30,000 square foot cottage nestled on <span style='font-size: 14pt'>17 acres</span> along the Chattahoochee river.</div></div>

Some of these are likely coincidences, or foolish matches found by Google. Others are not so obviously dismissed.

cushioncrawler
03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Americadagrateizgoindownin17.
mac.

Soflasnapper
03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm pleased to notice you've extended the prediction of the endtimes for America by 9 years (from 8 to 17). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

This is so insidious. I just decided to stimulate the economy with some pool related purchases: two 10-cue floor holders, some knick-knacks, and two low profile glass ashtrays, one with an 8-ball and one with a 9-ball logo. As someone pointed out to me, 8+9 = 17. Crikey!

cushioncrawler
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
A long time ago one of my billiards mates woz into numerology. I made the mistake of humoring hymn, and after that he wouldnt stop talking about numerology every chance.
Anyhow 666 iz really 636.

If the chineze hadnt turned usofa krappynomix halfway into a keynesian-fix, over many years aktually, then god knows where the usofa ekonomy would be today.
Goze to show that a fully fledged keynesian-fix would be very powerfull -- would only need one year.
mac.