PDA

View Full Version : Preacher tells all other faiths to get out of US

DiabloViejo
03-20-2012, 01:16 AM
ďI donít care what the liberals say, I donít care what the naysayers say, this nation was founded as a Christian nationÖThere is only one God and his name is Jesus. Iím tired of people telling me that I canít say those words.. Listen to me, If you donít love America, If you donít like the way we do things I have one thing to say Ė GET OUT. We donít worship Buddha, we donít worship Mohammad, we donít worship Allah, we worship God, we worship Godís son Jesus Christ.Ē
Dennis Terry introducing Rick Santorum (http://youtu.be/B2emBxDOY7g)

cushioncrawler
03-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Athiests shood hav their own kuntry.
All of the best scientists etc all in one kuntry.
What a nice place it would be.
Happy wildlife. Happy peeple.
mac.

cushioncrawler
03-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Hmmmmmm -- santorum duznt like the way we do things in the usofa -- i heard hymn say it myself -- so, santorum shood GET OUT.
mac.

cushioncrawler
03-20-2012, 04:17 AM
There iz only one God and hiz name iz Jesus.
We worship God.
We worship Jesus Christ.
Jesus iz God's son.

Shoodnt hiz be Hiz.
Shoodnt son be Son.

What happened to God No3 -- The Holey Spirit.
Jesus iz a Hiz.
Iz God a He or a Her.
Why not Her name iz God.
How long did it take God to send down a Hiz and not a Her.

I think he shooda sayd -- There iz only one god and hiz name iz God.
That would be better english. Stoopid superstitious krapp, but good english.
mac.

cushioncrawler
03-20-2012, 04:27 AM
There iz only one God and hiz name iz Jesus.
We worship God.
We worship Jesus Christ.
Jesus iz God's son.

Duznt God God uze contraception.
Did God God fukk Hizself.
If God God kame first, then Jesus God must hav kum later.
So Jesus God didnt hav anything to do with creating the earth.
Where iz Mrs God. What to call Her.
Gerty God.
Agatha God.
Good God.

Iz Satan the Father of Jesus.
Shood Agnes God hav had an abortion.
When Agnes God woz kumming did she cry Jesus Christ. Or God.
mac.

eg8r
03-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Wow, I really like what he had to say. Thanks for quoting that.

eg8r

Qtec
03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I really like what he had to say. Thanks for quoting that.

eg8r </div></div>

Yes, you would. The guy is a hypocrite and an idiot.

The first reply to the video said this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Many of the founding fathers were agnostic.

2. Nobody worships buddha, not even buddhists.

3. You do worship Allah, it's the same god as in the Bible and the Torah. <span style="color: #3333FF"> Idiot.</span>

4. You can still pray in schools, it was only teacher-led prayer that was banned.

5. Even though Christians are the Majority it doesn't make sense to have them influence the state, you can't dictate how other people should live their lives based on your own beliefs.<span style="color: #3333FF"> Hypocrite.</span>
</div></div>

Q

Soflasnapper
03-20-2012, 08:32 AM
It's a little odd to parse this out.

Certainly, this is exactly the kind of speech most in need of 1st amendment protection: controversial statements that some might find so offensive as to try to suppress them from being made, using the power of the state.

But it's astounding that Santorum would associate himself with such anti-anti-Christian bigotry to this extreme.

I wonder if the preacher knows of the earlier history of this land as to the story of America, where people fled religious oppression to find a place where they could make others' religions against the law, to oppress them? Perhaps if the Southern Baptist Convention's position on Catholicism was raised into a national program (have the Catholics leave the country, as their religion is Satanic), he'd understand these dangers?

Dollars to doughnuts, he'd ask the Mormons to leave. Not sure about the Catholics.

DiabloViejo
03-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Goldwater got it right when he said this..(of course, today the GOP would consider Barry to be a godless, pinko, liberal.):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306572_388767704484810_196601040368145_1455842_130 8014680_n.jpg

Sid_Vicious
03-20-2012, 03:57 PM
In today's world, Goldwater, Eisenhower and the founding fathers warning against church and state, plus the millitary complex and big money...goes dead against the crooks calling themselves conservatives, or as my good friend Gayle puts it, Repiglicans. sid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Goldwater got it right when he said this..(of course, today the GOP would consider Barry to be a godless, pinko, liberal.):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306572_388767704484810_196601040368145_1455842_130 8014680_n.jpg </div></div>

DiabloViejo
03-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Dennis Terry is wrong on all counts.

Allah is the Arabic word for God, the very same God that Christians, Jews and Muslims all worship. The names ďAllahĒ and ďGodĒ are generally interchangeable within the Muslim religion and in Middle Eastern cultures. Some English translations of the Koran use the name ďGod,Ē others useď Allah.Ē Middle Eastern Christians refer to God as ďAllah.Ē Followers of the Bahai faith also refer to God as "Allah".

Muslims revere Mohammed as the last of God's prophets, they do not worship him or pray to him.

Buddhists do not worship Buddha nor do they consider him to be a "God"..he (Buddha) is revered as the founder of Buddhism. Buddhism doesn't have anything to say about God, and belief in a God is neither looked down upon or promoted, the choice is left to the individual.

America was not founded as a Christian nation:

<span style="color: #333399">1st Amendment to US constitution-- Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. </span>

<span style="color: #333399">"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties."-- President Thomas Jefferson (Response to the Danbury Baptists)</span>

If Dennis Terry and his twisted freedom hating "Christian Taliban" followers do not like the secular nature of our constitutional democratic republic, it is he, and they, who should GET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY! And they should take all of their Christian dominionist friends with them!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420000_10150572883665885_550735884_9081375_7524244 91_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396467_10150572880320885_550735884_9081357_1508978 709_n.jpg

Soflasnapper
03-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Then you also have the Treaty of Tripoli.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a late 18th century treaty reached by America with certain Muslim pirates of the African coast, one part of which, Article 11, states:

As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen,-and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

[...]

The Journal of the Executive Proceedings of the United States Senate clearly specifies that the treaty of was read aloud on the floor of the Senate and that copies of the treaty were printed "for the use of the Senate." Nor is it plausible to argue that perhaps Senators voted for the treaty without being aware of the famous words. the treaty was quite short, requiring only two or three pages to reprint in most treaty books today--and printed, in its entirely, on but one page (sometimes the front page) of U.S. newspapers of the day. The lack of any recorded argument about the wording, as well as the unanimous vote and the and the wide reprinting of the words in the press of 1797, suggests that the idea that the government was not a Christian one was widely and easily accepted at the time.</div></div>

Further, the Constitution itself calls ratified treaties 'the supreme law of the land,' making them co-equal with the COTUS itself.

From article VI, 2nd paragraph:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in
Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the
Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the
Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or
Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.</div></div>