PDA

View Full Version : self defence shooting

cushioncrawler
03-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Details are sketchy, but we hear that Neighbourhood Watch are angry over a lethal shooting where an armed and hooded teenage male african american pursued and shot an unhooded mature male Neighbourhood Watch member carrying a bag of sweets.

The city sheriff sayd that the young african american had no case to answer.

Unbeleevable.
mac.

Qtec
03-23-2012, 03:29 AM
update (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/18/446768/what-everyone-should-know-about-about-trayvon-martin-1995-2012/)

Some nutjob vigilante who just wants to shoot someone, sees a black kid, assumes he is up to no good and ends up killing him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Zimmerman called the police to report Martin’s “suspicious” behaviour, which he described as <u>“just walking around looking about.”</u> Zimmerman was in his car when he saw Martin walking on the street. He called the police and said: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“There’s a real suspicious guy. This guy looks like he’s up to no good, on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about… These a**holes always get away”</span> </div></div>

Do you see the obvious contradiction in his statements.

He was not walking around. He was going straight from A to B.

What is suspicious about someone walking along a street?

Zimmerman tells us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>These</span> a**holes always get away” </div></div>

Not this time, eh Zimmerman?

As you say, only in America.

Q

Qtec
03-25-2012, 01:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cenk Uygur Blasts Gun Owners of America's Larry Pratt for Defending Murder of Trayvon Martin
</div></div>

Cenk freaks out (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/cenk-uygur-blasts-gun-owners-americas-larr)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pratt's argument; that one witness claimed he saw Zimmerman on the ground being beaten up by the unarmed kid who was 100 pounds lighter than him <u>and once the guy he was stalking was getting the better of him in a fight, he had the right to shoot him dead.</u> Unbelievable. Needless to say, Uygur went off on him for promoting that level of vigilantism. </div></div>

Q

eg8r
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
This is definitely a horrible story. I live about 30 minutes from where it happened and it has definitely taken over this community. I still cannot believe the man is not sitting in jail after shooting the teenager.

eg8r

Deeman3
03-25-2012, 05:30 PM
The shooter is Hispanic, the shootee is black. I also wonder how a 140lb. 17 year old can beat up a 250 male? Even if the kid did hit him, I feel most of us would not feel we had to shoot the guy. If a knife or other weapon was involved it might be different but it is hard ti kill a guy with Skiddles!

Sad case.

Qtec
03-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Good to know you are still alive D. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Its a sad case but one thing is clear to me. The only one who had right to this 'Stand Your Ground' Law was the kid that's dead.

Q

LWW
03-26-2012, 04:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know you are still alive D. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Its a sad case but one thing is clear to me. The only one who had right to this 'Stand Your Ground' Law was the kid that's dead.

Q </div></div>

Don't let the facts stand in your way.

Qtec
03-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Who was being followed?

Q

eg8r
03-26-2012, 08:09 AM
If the man did not chase the kid then the kid would have run away and the night would have carried on.

eg8r

Deeman3
03-26-2012, 04:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to know you are still alive D. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q </div></div>

Thanks, I'll agree that the shooting was probably a very bad lapse of judgement unless other facts come out. We have a similar " Defend your home" law here but we do try and exercise judgement in when to use deadly force. I have had a couple of occasions I may have been justified in using my sidearm but sometimes, if you just stay cool, things can become manageable. If this guy was just trying to show his authority and hassle the kid, it will probably come out in the Grand Jury investigation.

There are dozens of shootings that kill young blacks across our country every night. I wish they would have the same outrage when another black, rather than an Hispanic, does the senseless killing. I wonder, and we may never know, how this would have turned out if the guy did not have a gun, a broken nose and bleeding from the head or more serious.

All in all, if I shoot someone, it will be the only option I have to live or protect someone.

Still, I would hate to be either the guy who did this of the parents of the kid in this case.

Deeman3
03-26-2012, 04:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the man did not chase the kid then the kid would have run away and the night would have carried on.

eg8r </div></div>

Ed,

I will agree except that even chasing the kid, what chance did this guy have of catching him? The kid ducks between a couple houses and he is gone.

it was probably a case of both not backing down, although as I said in the last post, if you have a gun, your level of responsibility to not let things escalate is at a higher standard. Wish there was video to see exactly what happened. Unless the authorities are completely corrupt or incompetent they have probably covered this a hundred times over with the Zimmerman guy.

Remember the last time we saw Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson show up to stir the soup? It was Shandra and remember how different that turned out to be after the facts came out?

Will the guy get a fair hearing now? Only time will tell but there are calls in the local black media here that he should be lynched!

Qtec
03-27-2012, 02:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I will agree except that even chasing the kid, what chance did this guy have of catching him? The kid ducks between a couple houses and he is gone. </div></div>

Why should he be chasing him?

He is in a car, the kid is on foot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the final moments of his life, Trayvon Martin was being hounded by a strange man on a cellphone who ran after him, cornered him and confronted him, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>according to the teenage girl whose call logs show she was on the phone with the 17-year-old boy in the moments before neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot him dead.</span>

Martin's death Feb. 26 has stirred national outrage and protests, partly prompting the U.S. Justice Department's Civil Rights Division and the FBI to open an investigation into the case.

Florida State Attorney Norm Wolfinger announced today that he has ordered an "expeditious review" of the investigation conducted by the Sanford police department and that he would be "utilizing the investigative resources of the Seminole County Grand Jury which will be called to session" next month.

Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump held a news conference today detailing Trayvon Martin's phone call as he was followed, confronted and killed.

"The dots have all been connected. Arrest George Zimmerman for killing Trayvon Martin in killing in cold blood right now," Crump said.

"We don't understand how he's not arrested. The family worries that the more time passes it will be swept under the rug," the lawyer said.

ABC News was there exclusively as the 16-year-old girl told Crump about the last moments of the teenager's life.

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.'</span> Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."

The line went dead. Besides screams heard on 911 calls that night as Martin and Zimmerman scuffled, those were the last words he said.

Trayvon's phone logs, also obtained exclusively by ABC News, show the conversation occurred five minutes before police first arrived on scene. The young woman's parents asked that her name not be used, and that only an attorney could ask her questions. </div></div>

link (http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-killing-friend-phone-teen-death-recounts-063243901--abc-news.html)

This evidence directly contradicts Zimmerman's claim that the kid sneaked up on him from behind.

He's lying.

Q

Qtec
03-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Another point. Where was the guy's car parked?

I bet the police don't even know!

Where did the shooting take place in relation to that?

Pertinent questions.

Q

Deeman3
03-27-2012, 07:31 AM
They are all pertinent questions. I hope they do get to the bottom of it all. I do think we should wait and see what the investigation shows before convicting the man.

If he executed the young man, he should be punished to the full extent of the law as well as those who did not arrest him, if proven.

Qtec
03-28-2012, 05:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are all pertinent questions. I hope they do get to the bottom of it all. I do think we should wait and see what the investigation shows before convicting the man.

If he executed the young man, he should be punished to the full extent of the law as well as those who did not arrest him, if proven. </div></div>

I agree. Its too easy to judge on the basis of limited info. The whole reason though that this is all over the press, IMO, is because the police didn't do a proper investigation and it seems they tried to sweep it under the carpet.

You would think that after such an incident that they would go door to door looking for witnesses or anyone who could identify the victim.

Did that happen, I don't know but I think it unlikely.

Q