PDA

View Full Version : Please give us more info on the CCB Tournament!

Harold Acosta
09-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Anyone, specially those that were there, please give us a complete breakdown on the CCB Tournament!

Brackets anyone?

Tom_In_Cincy
09-29-2002, 04:58 PM
Sorry Harold, I am not sure that anyone got a copy of the bracket results.. I did finish 5th-5th..with cuemage, JohnNH finished 3rd and Lester 4th.. these are all the money winners.

Maybe Holly (CAT tour) made a copy and will post..

MikeM
09-29-2002, 10:03 PM
What a great time! Just going to the Open for the first time and seeing so many of the world's greatest 9 ball players was great. Add in about twenty of your best friends who you've just met, food, drink, pool, more food drink and pool, etc., etc. and you've got one incredibly memorable weekend. The only thing missing was sleep and we'll catch up on that later.

To all of those who were at the Open, thanks for a GREAT TIME! To all who were there only in spirit - be VERY jealous. I can't wait for the next installment.

MM...CC I now have two keychains hanging from my case!!!Awesome;>)

Lester
09-30-2002, 06:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Anyone, specially those that were there, please give us a complete breakdown on the CCB Tournament!

Brackets anyone?

<hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Harold, first of all Q-masters is a huge room. Brady set the CCB tournament up in the "tournament" section of the pool hall. We had as many tables as we needed. Holly and Tom from Cincy ran the tournament with "German" like precision. The tournament brackets were on the wall, and Holly could fill in the results with grease pencil. There was a sloped gallery of movie seats in front of the tables (this WAS the tournament section)so everyone could watch the matches. Holly would announce whenever a match got to hill/hill. The other CCB'ers would heckle or prod the combatants, or just comment on a shot. I'm sure someone took a digital picture of the Brackets, I know Kato (I think) took a picture of me and Brady standing in front of the Brackets. Before the tournament took off Brady announced the money, and the contributors by name. ***Lester***~can't wait to do it again.

Ross
09-30-2002, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Sorry Harold, I am not sure that anyone got a copy of the bracket results.. I did finish 5th-5th..with cuemage, JohnNH finished 3rd and Lester 4th.. these are all the money winners.

Maybe Holly (CAT tour) made a copy and will post.. <hr></blockquote>
Actually, Tom, I think the money went through 8th. I came in 6th and was "in the money." Thought I had at least 5th since I had Lester hooked on the 8 ball at hill-hill. But he pulls out that danged Bunjee jumper of his, jumps the 9, cutting the 8 in the side and holding position on the 9! /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif Great shot, Lester! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Lester
09-30-2002, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ross:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Sorry Harold, I am not sure that anyone got a copy of the bracket results.. I did finish 5th-5th..with cuemage, JohnNH finished 3rd and Lester 4th.. these are all the money winners.

Maybe Holly (CAT tour) made a copy and will post.. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Actually, Tom, I think the money went through 8th. I came in 6th and was "in the money." Thought I had at least 5th since I had Lester hooked on the 8 ball at hill-hill. But he pulls out that danged Bunjee jumper of his, jumps the 9, cutting the 8 in the side and holding position on the 9! /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif Great shot, Lester! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Thanks Ross, ours was a heck of a match. I enjoyed playing you. I guess I'll keep the "little stick" in my bag, since it saved my bacon in our match. You play real "solid", and look forward to playing you again. ***Lester***

09-30-2002, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Sorry Harold, I am not sure that anyone got a copy of the bracket results.. I did finish 5th-5th..with cuemage, JohnNH finished 3rd and Lester 4th.. these are all the money winners.

Maybe Holly (CAT tour) made a copy and will post.. <hr></blockquote>

Who got 1st and 2nd?

SpiderMan

Lester
09-30-2002, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Sorry Harold, I am not sure that anyone got a copy of the bracket results.. I did finish 5th-5th..with cuemage, JohnNH finished 3rd and Lester 4th.. these are all the money winners.

Maybe Holly (CAT tour) made a copy and will post.. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Who got 1st and 2nd?

SpiderMan <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Killer Break got 1st, and Thierry Layani &lt;sp&gt; got 2nd. ***Lester***

Lester
10-01-2002, 10:45 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I can't wait for Voodoo Daddy and Kato to get off the road, and back on-line. I just know their "take" on all this will be SO unique. ***Lester***