PDA

View Full Version : Good places to play in East/Central New Jersey?

Flayne
03-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Could be PA too as long as it's not too far. Recently got back into the game, bought a new cue and I'm looking for any good bars, bowling alleys, halls, etc.

Eric.
03-30-2012, 04:46 AM
Welcome to the CCB board.

I'm familiar with the area. I could make some suggestions, if you narrow your area down more. If you say "east NJ", I assume you are talking about the shore area? Then again, if you are looking for places in PA, that would be closer to the opposite side of the state.

One room I visit and like is Sandcastle Billiards, Edison, NJ.

Eric

Flayne
03-30-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm an idiot. I meant Western NJ. I guess I'm just use to saying I live on the East Coast. So to narrow it down, anything in the Trenton, Hamilton, Robbinsville area. Any places within a half hour(preferably less) drive.

Thanks for the welcome too.

Eric.
03-30-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm not too sure whether it's still open, but Bridge Billiards near Flock Rd, not too far from the Quakerbridge Mall was a nice room. Also, a newer room on Rt.9 in Howell, Side Pocket Billiards, New Friendship Rd, is a nice place- Gold Crowns and Diamond 7 ft barboxes...

Eric

Flayne
03-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Nice. Thanks. I just took a drive to Jade Billiards on Rt 33 and they're closed and up for sale. No covers on the tables and they still had snacks at the register. Looked like they closed last night. Weird.

Ok, seems they're still in business. Open at 4:00.

Flayne
03-31-2012, 06:11 PM
So apparently Jade IS closed. So me and my buddy ended up shooting about ten games in his friends basement after driving around for a a while checking out bars and the like. I'll check out Side Pockets tomorrow.

Shame. Jade looks nice. It's up for sale and I doubt whoever buys it will keep it a pool hall. Probably end up as an Olive Garden.

Eric.
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Side Pockets is a decent room, with nice equipment. They have weekly tourneys too, if that is your thing.

Also, there is Players in Eatontown. Another good room with decent equipment. Great Wed nite tourney too.

Eric

enjoydgame
04-04-2012, 07:58 AM
This is the list, hoping helpful for you:
Aldrich Billiard Club - North Howell
Corner Pockets - Augusta
The Cue Club - Mt. Laurel

Eric.
04-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Augusta is no where remotely close to the original poster. I'm not sure the Aldrich Billiard club is still in existence (I don't recall there being a poolhall at that location, at all"

Eric