PDA

View Full Version : US OPEN action at Q-Masters

BillyRinNC
09-29-2002, 08:54 PM
The matches at the open were awsome but the action at q-masters was awsome.

Watson beat K. McGreedy in a race to 8 ahead LATE Friday night in 9 ball for 3000. The Russian Stalev was in action with road player from California. Does anyone know his name? The Russian won Friday night and they were playing one hole for 700 a game on Sat night and it was back and forth we left about 3:30am to come back to NC. Hate I don't know the outcome. Daulton tried to match up with Joyner who was looking for a dead lock. Billy the kid was in acton. Watson was playing Hooker one hole for 1000 a game. McGready was trying to match up with Joyner when we left. There were other great big money matches in this huge poolroom. There was great action everywhere I wish we could have stayed. I would be interested in some results either by post or email.

Thanks,
BR in NC

MikeM
09-29-2002, 09:53 PM
When I left at about 4 this morning the road player was up over $5000 and they were playing for a grand a rack with the roadie giving weight to Stalev. I heard he was from Texas and his name was Tony. Stalev did have a run when the stakes went up, but the last rack I saw went to Tony. Super strong one hole player.

MM

09-30-2002, 03:39 AM
Must have been Tony Cohan from Sacramento

BillyRinNC
09-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Now that you mention it they called him Tony. He had moves that were amazing for someone his age playing one pocket. Thanks for the info.

Did Daulton, Joyner, or McCready match up on Sat night. Any other results? There seemed to be more gambling this year then any other (maybe I know the players better now). Was there any good action on Sunday night after the Tourney?

It was so hard to leave the pool hall and the great gambling on Friday night at 3:30 am but we had a 5 hour drive to NC.

BillyRinNC
09-30-2002, 05:50 PM
What do you know about Tony? He did say he was from California