PDA

View Full Version : Obama is a bully.

Qtec
04-05-2012, 03:52 AM
watch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pB1XpTqQYj4)
Q

eg8r
04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Who needs to watch a movie. Did you already forget when he, in so many words, told the Reps to shut up he is in chage now?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When I first read about the comment at Politico, it didn’t sound like Obama; it sounded more like “I’m the Decider” …

President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning — but he also left no doubt about who’s in charge of these negotiations. “I won,” Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

My reaction was very similar to James Joyner‘s:

[Obama] was elected president, not king — or even prime minister. He’s easily the most powerful figure in American politics but he’s just the head of one branch of government.

He doesn’t need [Rep. Eric] Cantor’s help very much and is unlikely to get it. The House operates very much along party lines and Cantor is a fiscal conservative who’s not going to get sweet talked into a giant boondoggle whose main purpose is to “do something.” But, given that [Obama] desperately wants broad support for his stimulus package so as to spread the blame if things don’t go well, he’ll need to compromise and give Republicans some concessions.

But the exchange (and hence my reaction to it) took on an entirely different hue when I read this account from the NYT as reprinted in our local newspaper:

“We just have a difference here, and I’m president,” Mr. Obama said to Mr. Cantor, according to Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, who was at the meeting.

Mr. Emanuel said that Mr. Obama was being lighthearted and that lawmakers of both parties had laughed.

Mr. Cantor, in an interview later, had a similar recollection. He said the president had told him, “You’re correct, there’s a philosophical difference, but I won, so we’re going to prevail on that.”

“He was very straightforward,” Cantor added. “There was no disrespect, but it was very matter-of-fact.”

Yet more evidence, I suppose, that we can’t really know what’s going on unless we’re there and should thus remember to take second-hand reports with a grain of salt.
</div></div>

Word of wisdom, there.

Qtec
04-08-2012, 01:45 AM
eg8r just said he has already made up his mind, so don't go bothering him with new info. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It will just confuse him.

Q

xsyntheticx13
04-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Good job.

Soflasnapper
04-08-2012, 10:01 AM
We all should know that remarks are misreported, taken out of context, and THEN, VERY RELIABLY the commentariat goes wild with that misinformation and further misquotes, on a frequent basis.

Some of that is innocent error at first-- even your hometown newspaper will misreport things for no cosmic reason but human error-- but much of it is deliberate distortion ad hominem attack.

After watching and listening to the right for years now, I can estimate that half of what they go on and on about are misreported, misquoted, badly paraphrased falsehoods. Rush riffs on a wrong quote about an hour a day.

So, it's 'bully' now? What happened to 'thug'? (Oh, to be privy to the Fox News top-down marching order memo that comes out daily! It would save us the time of watching all the on-air 'talent' mouthing the same lame lies for hours, in unison, as a Greek chorus in a tragedy.)

eg8r
04-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah, how well did those words of wisdom work out? He has been a sham and the Reps sure as heck did not sit back and shut up.

eg8r

eg8r
04-08-2012, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all should know that remarks are misreported, taken out of context,</div></div>You know his intention very well. It is like when someone says something and then a quick second later their brain catches up with their mouth and they embarassingly laugh knowing they should not have said what they said. He let the last part out to tell the Reps that he was charge. It failed because the Reps have been in charge since day one. Just look how much Obama looks like W after a quick 3 years.

eg8r

Qtec
04-09-2012, 01:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all should know that remarks are misreported, taken out of context, and THEN, VERY RELIABLY the commentariat goes wild with that misinformation and further misquotes, on a frequent basis. </div></div>

The video does not lie.

Bush slams activist Judges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QffazQIdVlM&feature=player_embedded)

Bully?

Q

eg8r
04-09-2012, 08:38 AM
LOL, you want to talk about Bush now that you see Obama for the bully he is?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Every litigant asserts the facts and law are on their side, and that the court (or jury) will find in their favor. It's boilerplate, and anodyne.

Only hysterical or irrational people, or frankly, people just cynically participating in an outrage machine operation could turn this into any charge of intimidation or bullying.

I take you to be in the latter category. For the Faux News people, could be any of the three, but the top people (Bill Sammon, Roger Ailes, Murdoch) all fall into the last category as well.

The obvious bully in this situation was Judge Smith, and probably he was also in this last category. At least Rush said he was, as 'part of the team' dedicated to taking this man out of office.

Qtec
04-10-2012, 01:35 AM
To be a bully requires repetition. Conservatives and especially Bush constantly bullied and complained about 'activist Judges', as the video shows.
The irony is that GW owes his Presidency to activist Judges!

Obama says quite clearly [<span style='font-size: 14pt'> once!</span>] that the SC can only overturn legislation when it goes against the USCON. He believes he has the right to regulate and precedent agrees with him, as do most neutral legal academics, even GW's guy!.

Q

eg8r
04-10-2012, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To be a bully requires repetition.</div></div>Look up repitition in the dictionary and there is Obama's mug.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only hysterical or irrational people, or frankly, people just cynically participating in an outrage machine operation could turn this into any charge of intimidation or bullying.

</div></div>

Good definition of the Republican Party. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
04-11-2012, 12:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> watch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pB1XpTqQYj4)
Q </div></div>
Good one.

This president is probably the most dignified, patient, polished president of any I can recall, but that doesn't make any difference when dealing with the Republican mud slinging, Propaganda Machine, just incites their ugly, petty natures even more.

G.

DiabloViejo
04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi Gayle! Good to have you posting again. Hope everything is going well for you. BTW--it's me, the poster formerly known as Secaucus Fats. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Oh wow, it is great to hear from you my friend!

How are you doing?

You know, I lost your phone number a long time ago, or you would have been hearing from me right along.

I am fine, and I hope you are as well.

I will try to send you a Private Message, if my PM's are working, and send you my e-mail address.

If you don't hear from me, PM me and see if it goes through.

I have tried for years to re-locate your phone number.

So great to hear from you. I never stopped thining about you, and wondering how you were doing. I hope all is well.

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Just checked. My pm's are disabled. No surprise. I'll explain it to you later.

Hey, I'll see if I can get another member here to PM you for me.

Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
04-11-2012, 08:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The irony is that GW owes his Presidency to activist Judges!

</div></div>

LMAO! Now that is one for the books, isn't it?

Typical Republican, it's correct when it serves their purposes, and when it doesn't, it's a terrorist plot by a bully!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Did you hear about Alan West saying that seventy or eighty of the Dems were members of the Communist Party?

Gee, guess West must be a member of the Communist Party, huh?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
04-12-2012, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The irony is that GW owes his Presidency to activist Judges!

Q </div></div>

There you go again, using words you don't understand ...