PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman Claims Shaken Baby Syndrome

DiabloViejo
04-08-2012, 01:13 PM
George Zimmerman Claims Shaken Baby Syndrome
April 7, 2012
Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/07/george-zimmerman-claims-shaken-baby-syndrome/)

George Zimmerman has been preparing for a Grand Jury indictment by adding another lawyer, Hal Uhrig, to his defense team. In an attempt to draw sympathy from his detractors Uhrig is using an interesting diversion. In defense of claims that the force used to kill Trayvon Martin was too great, Uhrig claims that the killing was justifiable because when Zimmerman hit his head scuffling with Trayvon, he suffered what could have been a life threatening injury similar to a baby that has been shaken,”We’re familiar with the shaken baby syndrome: You shake a baby the brain shakes around inside the skull, you can die.” Uhrig said on CBS “This Morning.”

I’d just like to set the record straight here. The terrible assault, the injury and the lifelong illness or traumatic death that can be caused by shaking a baby is not also known as Shaken Adult Syndrome. When you shake a baby, its brain does indeed rattle around inside its skull causing terrible life threatening injury and this injury can be sustained in as little as 15 or 20 seconds. However, in an adult or even an older child, the brain has grown to fit in proportion to their skull. While it is in fact possible to have a tragic and fatal head injury in an adult, it is not possible that a traumatic head injury to an adult man could ever be relevantly classified as Shaken Baby Syndrome.

It is apparent to me that this is one of many ploys that Mr. Zimmerman’s defense team will use in an attempt to justify an unjustifiable killing. In using language like the phrase “Shaken Baby Syndrome,” Zimmerman’s defense lawyers hope to paint their client as though he were a baby who has done nothing but cry for a parent’s love, as if he were an innocent who got nothing but unprovoked violence.

Let’s not be fooled. We know that Zimmerman is no baby. He is a grown man, who hosted neighborhood watch meetings in the months prior to Trayvon Martin’s death that instructed fellow watchers not to carry weapons and to call the police but not pursue suspected criminals. Zimmerman is an adult who chose to pursue a child after he was told not to by a 911 dispatcher. He is a man who somehow left his house one day and felt he found a reason to shoot a child as he was walking home to his family.

George Zimmerman may or not be a racist bigot. He may or may not be a paranoid lunatic who should not have been armed in the first place. I admit that I do not know how Trayvon reacted after being followed through the rain by a strange man. I don’t know who swung first, or who’s chilling cries for help are caught on the neighbor’s 911 call.

I do know this: George Zimmerman is not an innocent babe crying for his mother, he is not a child whose life was threatened by an adult’s anger and rage. That was Trayvon Martin – the dead kid with the candy in his pockets. Don’t get them confused America. One is a grown man, the other is a slain child, and neither is a shaken baby.

Sid_Vicious
04-10-2012, 05:04 PM
You know, I have more compassion for this dude than most. He was on a neighborhood watch, which in itself, made him liable to actions. Well, much like stopping to pull an auto victim from a wreck, you can easily get caught up in legalities.

I would suggest to all the neighborhood watch people...don't watch. have you heard the post dramatic situation the guy is going through? Lost his job, had to move and go into seclusion....well I wouldn't wish that on any body!' F-n forget about it.

Duck those self made decisions to get involved. It is simply not worth it these days. sid

Qtec
04-11-2012, 01:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, I have more compassion for this dude than most. He was on a neighborhood watch, which in itself, made him liable to actions. Well, much like stopping to pull an auto victim from a wreck, you can easily get caught up in legalities. </div></div>

Zimmerman has only his self to blame. The cops said, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>'don't follow him'.</span> What was the emergency? Why didn't he wait for the cops?

Also, we know from Trayvon's girlfriend, who was on the phone with him when the two met, that T said,
"why are you following me?
Z said,
"What are you doing here? "

He never identified himself as neighbourhood watch!

Z said, "he's running."

Now he says the kid ambushed him?

Q

Soflasnapper
04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, I have more compassion for this dude than most. He was on a neighborhood watch, which in itself, made him liable to actions. Well, much like stopping to pull an auto victim from a wreck, you can easily get caught up in legalities.

I would suggest to all the neighborhood watch people...don't watch. have you heard the post dramatic situation the guy is going through? Lost his job, had to move and go into seclusion....well I wouldn't wish that on any body!' F-n forget about it.

Duck those self made decisions to get involved. It is simply not worth it these days. sid </div></div>

What you say would be more accurate except for the following facts.

Zimmerman himself made an arrangement to have a local rep from a neighborhood watch umbrella organization come to that community for a primer on what to do, what not to do.

The presentation included several critical guidelines as best community watch practice, both of which Zimmerman chose to ignore despite having heard it from the expert that he himself sought out and had come in to address the community:

Don't carry a weapon (when on watch). Never engage, only observe and report. (You are the eyes and ears of the police, not their strong right arm.)

Absent Z's violation of all of these guidelines he knew, none of this would have transpired.