PDA

View Full Version : Bravo, Zimmermann 2 B arrested? Bravo also to:

Gayle in MD
04-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Bravo Mayor Bloomberg, for your remarks today, and Bravo as well to all of the Liberal commentators.

I am hearing that the Florida State's Attorney, will announce tonight, at six o' clock, her decision to arrest and charge Zimmerman for his cold blooded murder of Trayvon Martin.

Although I cannot yet find today's remarks by the Mayor on line, regarding the gross corruption, social negligence and lack of conscience of the NRA, I was very encouraged over Mayor Bloomberg's remarks today, against the NRA, addressing their corruption, and the violence producing results of their actions over the last decades.

While they have been paying off our elected officials, on the right, in order to create more gun purchases, which led to more gun violence, and paid them as well to weaken gun laws in our country, all for their collective greed,.... more money in their pockets, regardless of how many Americans die every year due to their corrupt influence, gross greed and evil intentions, the mayor spoke directly to their corruption today.

Here is an example of eariler statements by Lawrence O'Donnell, and Mayor Bloomberg, which prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, the devastating results of the RW efforts to spread guns and violence across our Nation. Anything and everything, for MONEY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZDO5RYE3l4

Today may not save poor Trayvon Martin, but thankfully, his untimely death, has atleast brought attention to absurd gun laws in this country, and I am hoping that we will see some changes over to reverse gross Right Wing, Republican hate speak, and violent rhetoric, weakened gun laws, all of which I believe have been so detrimental to our safety, and security across this nation.

Finally, we seem to be moving in the right direction, regarding this country's ridiculous, Radical RW gun laws, and thanks to Americans like Mayor Bloomberg, and Liberal commentators like Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, and Keith Olbermann, amoung many other Liberal Commentators, who have kept this disgusting trend on our national radar for years, we may finally be moving to reverse future damages from their actions, by overturning this ridiculous Stand Your Ground Law, among other legislative malfeasanse.

It's just a shame that it took a case like this horrendous murder of a nice young man in Florida, to shine a light on the insanity of the Republican Gun Lovers in our country, and their ridiculous, violence provoking, weakened gun laws, such as the Stand Your Ground Law.

Gayle in MD

cushioncrawler
04-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I reckon usofa gun laws wont change much. Mission impossible, even under obama.
Drug laws, now here we hav a chance, get rid of drug laws. This will in effekt halve the gun problem without the NRA being any the wizer.
mac.

....... Finally, we seem to be moving in the right direction, regarding this country's ridiculous, Radical RW gun laws .......

Sid_Vicious
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
'We do not prosecute by public pressure or by petition'...

This so full if it! This poor excuse of a local govt attorney first sad no to sending this to the Grand Jury. Now! she files 2nd degree murder charges! That is mal practice.

IMO, this has been a crucification against this neighorhood watch person. I do agree with mac...get rid of these petty drug laws.

My advice to anyone wishing to be on a neighborhood watch, or anyone seeing an injustice against anyone when they are walking or driving around and see such...STAY UNINVOLVED! Let the sh!t happen and read about it in tomorrow's news, without YOUR name included. It just ain't worth the liability factor. martin

Gayle in MD
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now! she files 2nd degree murder charges! That is mal practice.

</div></div>

HUH? How's that, Martin. And how is Zimmerman the crucified one, when it is Trayvon who is in his grave?

An armed grown man, stalks an unarmed young teen who is doing nothing but walking while black, talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone, on his way to his dad's house, and then, after the police told zimmerman, flat out, do not get out of your car and follow him, he goes after the young man anyway, and kills this young kid.

I hope they give him life in prison. The taped conversation tells the story. He, Zimmerman, was the aggressor. Anything that boy did to defend himself, he had a right to do it when he was being stalked by a gun toting grown man, obviously looking to shoot someone.

Then, the police don't even arrest him, and let him go, with his gun?

OMG! A miscarriage of justice! Negligence by the arresting Police, that they did not hold that man in jail, until they completed a full investigation.

While I admired the statements by the State's Attorney, and think she did a great job during her presentation, there is no doubt, that she avoided any judgement of the arresting policemen on the night of the crime, and after, the police stated they were not going to arrest Zimmerman, and there is no doubt, that one or more of the detectives, thought that they should have arrested Zimmerman, and that he should have been retained the night he shot and killed that kid.

This absurd Stand Your Ground law, that has been promoted by the NRA, and hence, by the Republicans, who they buy for their own purposes, must be overturned, and wiped off the books.

Every stated that has adopted it, has seen their murder rates double and tripple. It is like encouraging citizens to take the law into their own hands, shoot now and worry later. CRAZY! Lawlessness! This isn't the old west anymore. Republicans are living in the past.

G.

Qtec
04-12-2012, 12:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, this has been a crucification against this neighorhood watch person. </div></div>

Imagine it was your son.

Without Zimmerman, the kid would have been home watching the game instead of lying dead, shot through the chest, 100 yds from his front door.

Maddow lays out the facts (http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-rachel-maddow-show/47024177#47024148)

Q

LWW
04-12-2012, 04:28 AM
It's amazing how easily some are pimped by their media masters.

Soflasnapper
04-12-2012, 08:39 AM
I doubt that Reebok is paying that poster.

Sid_Vicious
04-12-2012, 01:58 PM
"This poor excuse of a local govt attorney first sad no to sending this to the Grand Jury. Now! she files 2nd degree murder charges."

I state again the same thing. This had become a non legal issue coming from the procesutor's office itself when she said they were not sending it to the Grand Jury. THEN after the media beat it to death following that statement, she now files 2nd degree murder, a life W/O parole sentence.

Her stating yesterday that public opinion or the media had nothing to do with it is pure bullshit. Sure someone is dead. Did we put george Walker Bush on a second degree murder trial for the hundreds of thousands of lives he ended after invading Iraq, a totally illegal war? No, he is still living the good live and being paid under my tax dollars.

I just feel that this neighborhood watch dude is being unjustly haunted. sid

Soflasnapper
04-12-2012, 05:05 PM
When we have the report, and apparently the confirmation, that the lead detective on the scene disbelieved Z's alibi account and wanted to arrest him on manslaughter at the time, there is doubt as to whether the facts support Z's version of the story, or that they do not.

That scenario is not one in which someone walks without charges, or at least shouldn't be. But it was, and now it isn't.

Seems fair to me that with the armed guy killing the unarmed guy, there is a question as to the facts which society and the surviving family of Martin deserve to be answered in our system under law.

I can imagine a scenario under which Z is innocent. But I can also imagine a scenario under which he is guilty. Can't you also?

If he may indeed be guilty (or do you deny that possibility?), this simply must be looked at in the justice system/jury system. I hope if he's innocent, he gains an acquittal, and vice versa. If you don't think the case deserves scrutiny in a courtroom, I guess you must think the guy is clearly and obviously innocent under any conceivable set of facts? Which would be a bit naive, considering the only facts that exculpate him come from his own account, for which he has a maximum motive to lie.

Qtec
04-13-2012, 03:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I state again the same thing. This had become a non legal issue coming from the procesutor's office itself when she said they were not sending it to the Grand Jury. THEN after the media beat it to death following that statement, she now files 2nd degree murder, a life W/O parole sentence. </div></div>

What I have read is,

..It only has to go to a grand jury if its a murder charge.

When a man shoots an unarmed 17yr old, 100 yrds from where he is staying, surely you agree that there should be a proper investigation and if necessary a trial.

If he acted in self defence, the evidence should support that but from what we know so far, there is reasonable doubt that the SYG law applies to him because he was the pursuer and the one who caused the confrontation.

I believe when it comes to trial that the prosecution will prove that Z had already made up his mind that T was 'up to no good' and that T was 'on drugs on something'.
I also think we will find out that it was T who was screaming because Z was trying to shoot him!

Q

Gayle in MD
04-13-2012, 05:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"This poor excuse of a local govt attorney first sad no to sending this to the Grand Jury. Now! she files 2nd degree murder charges."

<span style="color: #CC0000"> Forgive me friend, but I don't understand your point in this accusation. If she did not think there was a strong case against Zimmerman, then she would have taken it to The Grand Jury for their appraisal of the evidence.

After she reviewed the evidence, and the law, and spoke with the detectives and the police, and the witnesses, she then determined that there was ample evidence to file the Second Degree Murder Charge. Unless I am mistaken, that's how these things usually Proceed. </span>

I state again the same thing. This had become a non legal issue coming from the procesutor's office itself when she said they were not sending it to the Grand Jury.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Again friend, that didn't make it a non legal issue, as far as I understand the law. Loads of cases, murder cases as well, never go to the Grand Jury, but go before a judge, who then determines if there is reasonable cause to charge some one with a crime, or reasonable cause to doubt.

If he does not think there is reasonable cause, he can then reduce the charges, throw it all out, or send it to the Grand Jury for them to decide on the evidence.

When a prosecutor believes the evidence is strong, she produces the arrest warrent, herself, and proceeds to make the charge.

I think most people would agree, that Zimmerman was illegally, and agressivly stalking Trayvon, who was certainly not breaking any laws, at all, and from what is known, this gun happy dope, was not even on a neighborhood watch at that time, anyway, and if he had been, it was not legal for him to do so while carrying a gun.

Zimmerman jumped to false conclusions about Trayvon, a young teenager, and aggressively pursued Trayvon, with his gun, and with a good deal of irrational anger and disrespect for that boys life, heard calling him names, before he ever approached Trayvon, and then the gunman, Zimmerman, made the innitial confrontation, insisting that Trayvon answer his questioning, which he had absolutely to right to demand from Trayvon at that time.

IOW, Zimmerman, was the one who was breaking the law from the start, and Zimmerman, was the one who refused to listen to the police, who told him flat out, "Do not follow him youself, there are officers on the way." </span>

THEN after the media beat it to death following that statement, she now files 2nd degree murder, a life W/O parole sentence.

<span style="color: #990000">I would say that after the media realized that a young teennager, had been stalked by an agry, unreasonable grown man with a gun, and was mowed down, for nothing but being black, while walking, in his own father's neighborhood, with nothing on him but Skittles and Iced Tea, talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone, and then, further realized that the murderer had been released after committing MURDER, AND WORSE, allowed to leave WITH his gun, eithout further investigations, it became clear that the Police had failed to handle this correctly, right from the beginning, which was followed, before the appointment by the Governor of a State's attorney, by public outrage, which was appropriate under the circumstances of what had transpired. </span>

Her stating yesterday that public opinion or the media had nothing to do with it is pure bullshit. Sure someone is dead.

<span style="color: #CC0000">There is no question that media attention brought this miscarriage of justice to the public's attention. But, that is because the actions of the local police department on the night of the murder, were so irrational, irregular, and negligent. </span>

Did we put george Walker Bush on a second degree murder trial for the hundreds of thousands of lives he ended after invading Iraq, a totally illegal war? No, he is still living the good live and being paid under my tax dollars.

<span style="color: #CC0000">That isn't relavent to this case, and it doesn't make Zimmerman any more guilty, or innocent. </span>

I just feel that this neighborhood watch dude is being unjustly haunted. sid </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Well, he murdered an unarmed seventeen year old kid, who was not looking for any trouble when he left is house to go and get some Skittles and Iced Tea, and was walking home to his dad's house, minding his own business.

It is NOT OK, or legal, for any armed citizen to call the police about someone whose appearance they don't like, proceed to stalk that unarmed, innocent citizen, disregarding the police when they tell him not to follow that unarmed citizen, and then confront an innocent citizen, while armed with a gun, demand they answer questions, escalate things to a confrontation, and then, shoot him dead, when he suddently is afraid that he might lose the fight, that HE started, when his victim isn't doing a damn thing wrong?

And then, he is released, and three days go by before the police ever make any attempt to contact the parents? If there is anything fishy about this, it is the way the police handled it from the start, and that is exactly why there was a public outcry, which, IMHO, was appropriate.

If Zimmerman had minded his own business, that young boy would still be alive. What's more, if Zimmerman hadn't been toting a gun, none of it would have happened, because IMO, he proved hijseolf a coward.

You can't start a fight, and then pull out a concealed weapon, and shoot someone dead, and then claim self-defense, when you are the aggressor in the first place!

Zimmerman was a racist, IMO, and a gun happy punk, coward, who was the one who started the whole thing, as far as I can see from all of the information I've heard annd read.

IMPO, he deserves life in prison, from what I know right now. He doesn't have a shot in hell of getting away with what he did, that is, if there is reasonable law enforcement in Florida.

So far, it is clear, the original Chief of Police who was running things on that night, was clearly negligent, to say the least, to fail to arrent Zimmerman, keep him in jail until he could complete a thorough investigation, and WORSE, the police failed for three damned days to even notify those parents! That is pure corruption and racism, IMO!

Gayle</span>