PDA

View Full Version : I want stories

cheesemouse
09-30-2002, 07:15 AM
I want stories and I want them now. Give us the dirt. No holding back. I don't care if you can't remember or if your mistaken about the facts or details just give us some stories even if they are just fantacies of your mind. If you were there at the 'open' you owe us that weren't there. Come on, start giving up the goods. You have till Wednesday to report(travel and hangover time} in. After that date I will send out the word to my network of cousins{little mouses everwhere} and they will start to invade your pantries and/or basements. The only way you can avoid this plague is with stories......:)

Wally_in_Cincy
09-30-2002, 07:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> I want stories and I want them now. Give us the dirt. No holding back. I don't care if you can't remember or if your mistaken about the facts or details just give us some stories even if they are just fantacies of your mind. If you were there at the 'open' you owe us that weren't there. Come on, start giving up the goods. You have till Wednesday to report(travel and hangover time} in. After that date I will send out the word to my network of cousins{little mouses everwhere} and they will start to invade your pantries and/or basements. The only way you can avoid this plague is with stories......:) <hr></blockquote>

Heck Cheese they won't even give us the results of the CCB Invitational. If somebody got drunk, arrested, or laid I don't know if we'll ever hear about it. LOL!

cheesemouse
09-30-2002, 08:04 AM
Wally,
This is cruel and unusual punishment. I'm serious~~~I have meas'es... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Lester
09-30-2002, 08:09 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Cheesemouse, it's for your own good. If we divulged "everything", you would only eat your heart out with envy. lol ***Lester~I'm gonna play this out till Wednesday.

stickman
09-30-2002, 09:03 AM
I want all the scoop! Just give us unfortunate folks the low-down. Heck, due to some sort of local technical difficulties, I wasn't even able to watch the Open. You spoiled that for me, by telling me who won. Now watching the rebroadcast will be anti-climatic. The least you could do is give me the low-down on the CCB tourney. I want to know who's a woofer and who's a ringer. Does 9 Ball Girl really shoot like a girl? What about Kato? Is he really the CCB rackboy? Come on, throw us a bone! LOL

Ross
09-30-2002, 11:40 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: stickman:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I want all the scoop! Just give us unfortunate folks the low-down. Heck, due to some sort of local technical difficulties, I wasn't even able to watch the Open. You spoiled that for me, by telling me who won. Now watching the rebroadcast will be anti-climatic. The least you could do is give me the low-down on the CCB tourney. I want to know who's a woofer and who's a ringer. Does 9 Ball Girl really shoot like a girl? What about Kato? Is he really the CCB rackboy? Come on, throw us a bone! LOL &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

It was hard to tell about 9-Ball Girl's true speed since she was passed out in the seats every time I looked! LOL Rumor is that she had been out until 6:30 am the night before, doing what, nobody knows. Saturday night she was at it again, rounding up CCB'ers to go to Q-masters at 2 a.m. So, I give her the first annual CCB tournament "Most Up For A Party" award!

Lester
09-30-2002, 12:32 PM
It was hard to tell about 9-Ball Girl's true speed since she was passed out in the seats every time I looked! LOL Rumor is that she had been out until 6:30 am the night before, doing what, nobody knows. Saturday night she was at it again, rounding up CCB'ers to go to Q-masters at 2 a.m. So, I give her the first annual CCB tournament "Most Up For A Party" award! <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Ross, that wasn't 9-Ball Girl, that was Lori. 9-Ball Girl does shoot like a girl, Damn Good. She was giving RichR a hard time on the table when I looked. ***Lester ~thinks poor Lori should get some kind of award for putting up with all our ribbing.

09-30-2002, 12:33 PM
All I can tell you is 9-ball girl wore a nice, tight, tank top.
Did anyone mention how cold they keep it at Q-Masters?
billiard dave

Lester
09-30-2002, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> All I can tell you is 9-ball girl wore a nice, tight, tank top.
Did anyone mention how cold they keep it at Q-Masters?
billiard dave <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Actually, I think Voodoo Daddy and Kato got Brady on the side and talked him into turning up the air conditioning when they saw what she was wearing. lol ***Lester***

Eric.
09-30-2002, 01:38 PM
O.k., I'll do my best to give a detailed account, without incriminating anyone...

Got to the Open Fri. afternoon. Met everyone at the front lobby at 6.00 PM. Only problem was that everyone left at 5.00 for dinner and I never got the info. Story of my life. I went to dinner at the Grate Steak at Brady B's suggestion and as luck would have it, ran into the "Wild Bunch": Tom in Cincy, Wes, Lester, Rich and Mrs., Kato, Voodoo, 9 Ball G, and Mike M (sorry if I forgot someone, still recovering from the weekend). So we had a nice dinner and got primed for the night. All I can say is that CCB'ers are good people.

Went back to the Ctr to watch some great pool. After the 11:00 PM matches, some people started talking about going to Q-Masters (the party was either at the Ches Ctr or Q Masters). This is where things get foggy.

Q Masters is a huge poolroom. I believe it was a former supermarket, redone, and put to better use. It is divided in 3 sections- right side are the bar boxes, with a full bar. The left side is all 9' tables and the back half of the 9' section is the "Tournament area. It has aprox. 12 Bruns Gold Cr 4 with 1 3 cush and 1 6x12 snooker table. The Tourney section has 3 rows of bleacher seating.
Got to Q Masters around midnight and the place was packed already. The usual wait for a table was around 1 1/2 hrs all weekend. Alot of people playing, alot of action. The best match I sweated had to of been Stalev playing Tony from CA some 1 hole. This match started on Fri and picked up again Sat nite. I'm not sure where the game started, but at one point, this was a match-up with Stalev getting a spot for 1000 jellybeans a game. Tony plays STRONG 1 hole considering he was up on Stalev by Sat nite. I think that was the first time I saw some frustration out of the Russian Kid (then again it could have been a hustle, I didn't stay to see the end). I guess this is why Stalev didn't do so well in the Open-when I left at 3.45 am, he was still playing 1 hole.

Which brings me to Sat morning. The CCB Open. The big daddy and end all/be all of pool tourneys. 22 hung over players battling it out for the knig/queen of our little hill. Actually, I'm surprised at the turnout as the tourney kicked of at 10.30 and these were the same people I saw in Q Masters at 3.45 the nite before. I guess sleep is overrated. The matches were drawn, the pictures taken and we began to rumble. All I know is that everyone plays well. Some are a little better, but the field wasn't too lopsided. The eventual winner was KillerBreak and he beat Thierry Layani. I didn't see the game, but I'm sure there was a little blood left on the table. I went 3-2, got an @ss kicking from Wes and Ross made sure I wasn't getting to the 5th-6th place spot. Overall, I believe a good time was had by all.

Anyway, got to get back to work.

Eric &gt;suffering from Dragon @ss

cheesemouse
09-30-2002, 01:52 PM
Ok Eric, you are spared, thanks for your story.

Cuemage
09-30-2002, 04:11 PM
Well Cheesemouse...about the only story I have is of VooDoo Daddy running 3 racks of finger pool...we had a great time, I'm sorry you missed it

Tha Cuemage

09-30-2002, 07:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Heck Cheese they won't even give us the results of the CCB Invitational. If somebody got drunk, arrested, or laid I don't know if we'll ever hear about it. LOL! <hr></blockquote>

Well, I wasn't called to bail anyone out......../ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Lorri... (the new Earl Strickland FAN)
Great meeting you.... you have entirely too much energy for one person.. Even the police couldn't catch you that nite.. but we were able to talk them out of the charges.. and we didn't let them know that you were in Room 200 either..

09-30-2002, 07:25 PM
Sshhhhh
/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

09-30-2002, 08:25 PM
true story. Conversation overheard between Troy and Corey.

Corey was dogging Troy about a match, and Troy complained, "Listen Corey, guys don't dog it against me like they do you. I don't have that Cassanova stroke going for me, you know? They should have called your bleeping line of cues the Cassanovas." Corey comes back with " $hit, I wanted to call them the Woodpeckers. They could have used 'Stroke my pecker' in the advertising." Who says Corey is unarmed in a battle of wits?! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2002, 08:27 AM
This is a condensed version of some of the goings on during the US Open weekend.

I landed at Norfolk on Friday at about 3ish PM (It was my first time on a turbo prop and thank God I like rollercoasters 'cause that's what this friggin' flight felt like!) I was misinformed as to what to do with my carryon luggage which resulted in it being lost. (I finally got my stuff on Saturday morning!) Anyways, as directed, I gave Kato a call to come and pick up at the ever so busy Norfolk International Airport /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif Voodoo, Kato, and Lorri show up and we were laughing it up all the way back to our hotels. I didn't bother checking in yet as I didn't have anything to check in since my stuff was in limbo between Dulles and Norfolk. I then met Rich and his wife Cathy, Tom in Cincy, Cueball 1950, Mike M, and Wes. We all headed out to the Grate Steak where Lester then popped in to then be followed by Eric and Carolyn. (Lorri and Holly went to the Celebrity Roast).

Saturday--the CCB Tourney. We started at about 11:15 and I walked in at 11:15. Yes, I walked in and just started to play. Why I was late is another story but a lesson to be learned: Never play on an empty stomach and never play without warming up. I got bumped out by Cueball 1950 and then by Rich. Thank you Kato for letting me shoot with both your Predators. Sweet! Oh yeah, I also found out that Rich, Lester, and I all work for the same people! What are the odds?! Saturday night brought some great matches which Kato and I stuck it out watching till the end (2 AM). One Time Earl! That's bulls__t! Cut that b___h in the side! Make love to the ball! Chalk it up Earl! Chalk that cue boy! LOLLOLLOLLOL /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif (you guys had to be there for that!)

Aaah Sunday. The big night. Ralph and Alex. What can I say except that it was a very good match. And I'm especially glad that I was there since it was on Pay Per View.

And to all the CCBers at the Open, I've never met at one time a nicer bunch of people. I'm looking forward to being with everyone again and to meet those that were unable to make it.

Wendy~~wishing my hugs to Voodoo and Kato lasted a tad bit longer /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif Oh yeah, Tom_in_Cincy gives great hugs too! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2002, 08:35 AM
Was it that cold at QMasters? I didn't notice. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif I guess they'll have to wait and see the pictures on AZB when they come out in about a week I think?

Lester
10-01-2002, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Was it that cold at QMasters? I didn't notice. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif I guess they'll have to wait and see the pictures on AZB when they come out in about a week I think? <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;CHALK UP 9 Ball Girl!!!!!***Lester***

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2002, 08:44 AM
LOL!!!! We will never let those lines live us down! That and Sandooooooorrrrr Tot! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that as promised, I went down and gave Mike from AZB and big ol' pat on the back for doing such a good job. I told him I couldn't wait to get back home and catch up with the CCB and AZB and he told me he couldn't get back home to catch up on being home! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Vicki
10-01-2002, 09:01 AM
I went to the CCB tournament. I won't mention any names but there were more than a couple people there who NEED to have their friends on-line. For the most part, the CCB'ers are very cool people. Of the people I met and spent time with while I was there, Voodoo Daddy, Kato and Lorri rate at the top of my list of favorite CCB'ers. Amanda and Holly are OLD (hehehe) friends who I knew long before computer chat forums were invented. It was nice to have a couple of familiar faces around. Killerbreak was also very cool and a very good player. I think he won the tourny. Kato playes a little better than he lead us to believe. Voodoo Daddy is no fish either. 9-Ball Girl was great. Came to me to introduce herself and was so nice. Mike M is funny and charming. Great catch for you single ladies... remember the generosity with the key chains?? All in all, the majority of us would be good friends if we lived in the same town - with or without CCB. It's lucky that we have the US Open and a few other tournaments to bring us together once in a while! See you guys at the Derby City.

At the US Open there is so much to do and see. You have to try to get in a little bit of everything or you may miss something great. I wish I could have spent more time at Q-Masters after the tournament but duty called and I had to get back to the Convention Center. Next time...

I have to say, the pro players in pool are so nice and friendly. I had so much fun on Wed and Thur night at Q-Masters. So many of the players approached me and Amanda while we were playing and complimented us on our abilities. Most of them hung around for a while and talked. I never saw anyone refuse to sign an autograph or fail to smile while giving it. The players were hanging out in the hallways at the convention center and talking to the fans. You could go into the practice room and watch the pros warm up. Some of them even let their fans play a few games with them. It's like Disney for pool fans.

Vicki

Tom_In_Cincy
10-01-2002, 09:19 AM
Thursday nite,, Voodoo Daddy, Kato, Hollie, Lorri, RichR and wife Cathy, Cueball1950, Brady, MikeM, Wes and I went to Q-Masters for a friendly few games of pool.. Voodoo Daddy and I played One-pocket for about 2 hours... Kato and Lorri, were in a high stakes match and had to have their own table... but lots of railbirds watching.. (they were mostly watching Lorri's... High Kicking break shot) Kato racked a lot.. I was assuming he was doing that to watch her break.

Hollie, MikeM, RichR, Voodoo Daddy and I all took turns beating up on Brady ( a wannabee pool player )

Lots of fun.. and Q-Masters is one great place to be during the Open.. the action is fantastic, side bets and all.. Railbirds were wining as much or more than the players.

10-01-2002, 09:37 AM
It was GREAT meeting everyone..
I remember one particular nine ball shot where "Lorri" tried to shark me with her velumptuous Breasts as the gap lined up perfect for the shot..I aimed for the gap and not the pocket and split the wick..I won..LOL..Thanks Lorri

Did anyone tape the U.S.Open Finals?

I wish i could have played in the CCB event and I am sorry that I failed to put the added money in escrow for the ccb event, lucky i scraped up all the added..lol.

Another special thanks to Harold and Harry for their donations to the added.

Send me some pictures so I can update the CCB Page
Brady@q-masters.com

U.S.Open Note&gt;
For the Record ALL PLAYERS WERE PAID in CASH accept for Ralf as he requested cash and Certifed funds. He said that he did not want to carry 30K on the plane. I had to track down hung Over alex in his room..He was assleap and I said alex "Want some money?," He jumped in the air fell over into the wall put the money in his jacket pouch and and said thanks...His eyes rolled back and he fell back in the bed and said "Great event and See You in January!"

HEY CCB'ers..Wanna do it again in January?
2003 Mid-Atlantic 9-Ball Championships, Jan 22-26 or keep it a U.S.Open event?

IT WAS REALLY NICE MEETING EVERYONE and THANKS HOLLY for the help with running the event..

Rich R.
10-01-2002, 09:48 AM
Thank you Brady, for putting together this event and allowing us to invade your pool room. We had a great time.
We didn't mind that the money was not in escrow. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.~~~thinking seriously about January.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-01-2002, 09:52 AM
This was the nite of the CCB dinner.. Brady had suggested this great steak house that gave you the choice of cooking your own steak... Voodoo Daddy, Kato, 9BallGirl, RichR and wife Cathy, MikeH, Wes, Eric and his lovely girlfriend Carolyn and me.. were all in attendence..

Lester ended up going to the other 'steak house' and we left a message with the hostess to tell the guy showing up looking for a party that we were at the other place.. When Lester showed up he was asked by the hostess if his name was Lester?

Surprised, as anyone would be, (more like he was shocked) that in a strange town... strange resturant.. that a stranger would come up to him and tell him he was at the wrong place.. and then tell him 'where to go' Lester finally made it in time to enjoy a great dinner with the CCB family..

Kato was the only one that took advantage of the 'cook your own' steak.. nice job Kato..

Then we all went back to enjoy another fine nite of matches at the Convention Center..

Wally_in_Cincy
10-01-2002, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>
Did anyone tape the U.S.Open Finals?
<hr></blockquote>

I did and yes you got your mug on camera a few times /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>
I wish i could have played in the CCB event and I am sorry that I failed to put the added money in escrow for the ccb event, lucky i scraped up all the added..lol. <hr></blockquote>

No escrow? That's it. I'm forming a union called the CCBPA and I'll boycott next year's CCB Invitational while everybody else plays and has fun /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW how much did you have to bribe Diana Hoppe to get you in all those pictures? LOL

Oh well, maybe next year,

SPetty
10-01-2002, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brady - hey Brady, you really should register and log in!:</font><hr> Did anyone tape the U.S.Open Finals?<hr></blockquote>Hi Brady,

They are showing this as an encore Pay Per View a few more times, so you should have another chance to see it (since you missed it on TV the first time around!) /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hey, can you find out what the PPV numbers were and let us know? How many homes/businesses ordered the live PPV?

Sounds like you all had a great time. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Ross
10-01-2002, 10:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr>

It was hard to tell about 9-Ball Girl's true speed since she was passed out in the seats every time I looked! LOL Rumor is that she had been out until 6:30 am the night before, doing what, nobody knows. Saturday night she was at it again, rounding up CCB'ers to go to Q-masters at 2 a.m. So, I give her the first annual CCB tournament "Most Up For A Party" award! &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Ross, that wasn't 9-Ball Girl, that was Lori. 9-Ball Girl does shoot like a girl, Damn Good. She was giving RichR a hard time on the table when I looked. ***Lester ~thinks poor Lori should get some kind of award for putting up with all our ribbing. <hr></blockquote>

Oops, sorry about the mixup, Lorri and 9-ball Girl! So many pretty women it was easy to get them confused. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Eric.
10-01-2002, 11:48 AM
This was by far, the best Open trip for me. Meeting other CCB'ers, playing in the CCB Open and just cutting loose was what it was all about. Which brings me to my point-

Thank you Barry. Thank you Brady.

It was a good time and without your efforts, generousity and dedication, it wouldn't have been possible. You guys are great hosts, took care of us well and ran one helluva show.

I've always been one to support those who support me. I been to past Open's, I'll be back for more.

Eric

WesK
10-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Brady;

It was absolutely a pleasure. I thought that you folks put on one heck of a great event. Your infectiously positive attitude and kind hospitality will never be forgotten.

I wish all the best for you and yours.

Thank You,

wes

Voodoo Daddy
10-01-2002, 03:17 PM
You want stories...here they come. We {Kato &amp; I} had a nice 15 hour ride up. I'll pass on the no hotel room story due to its boring ending and skip to Wednesday. We got all of 3 hours rest and stumbled into the complex, went to our seats and chilled until we met Roger, a lurker that knew where were sitting and introduced himself to us...nice guy. Met the four troublemaking women in our clique /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif...Amanda, Lorri, Holly and Vicki, all very nice people. Hung out, sweated some matches then quickly made our way to the "Q". Played a lil 9-rock and called it a night.

The next several days were a blur, featuring back-rub action, Brady Burgers, breakfast at IHOP and lotsa pool. Friday nights dinner was "Grate" with Lester going to the wrong spot and Eric standing in the lobby a hour late, HAHAHAHAHA...though a few of us went to the Roast {their loss}. We all got to sweat Earl-Corey, a barnburner of a match and IMO the best match of the tournament {especially when Earl won and Lorri looked like she wasnt too thrilled, HAHAHAHA}.

Saturday, I wasnt feeling up to par but the rest of our bunch..Rich R. and his better half Cathy, Thierry from the great white north, Tony {Cuemage, I owe you one}, Wes, Mike M. and their friend Tam, Lil Ty {WILL be a good player someday} Wendy, Mike (cueball1950}, Eric and his girl Caroline, Paul {KillerBreak}, Uncle Ron, Ross, Lester and the ladies had fun. Although the girls looked like they were out a bit late the night before...HAHAHAHA!! I really thought about rackmup, Chris Cass and cheesey while this was going down...wishing they were there. Chris from NC, John from NH and a bearded fella were there as well but they passed on their introductions so I cant say much about them.

Sunday came around and we all were looking like the cat dragging in. Several of us overtook a bar for lunch, which was fun and some left for home while other stayed to watch the finals. In the big picture, I met some jam-up people and wouldnt mind seeing them again....maybe, HAHAHAHAHA. OH, I didnt get to say goodbye to Vicki, Tony and Amanda, I'll guess I'll have to wait until next year!! Eric, we will hook up soon....Daytona 2003?

MikeM
10-09-2002, 10:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vicki:</font><hr> Mike M is funny and charming. Great catch for you single ladies... remember the generosity with the key chains?? <hr></blockquote>

Thanks very much Vicki for the kind words. I MUST set the record straight though. If my wife ever caught me getting caught by a single lady I think I know where I'd find my pool cue collection! (OUCH) It's my fault for not wearing my wedding ring. I "outgrew" my original one. my wife gave me a brand new one for our 13th wedding anniversary Saturday night and it is proudly on my finger now to keep me out of any trouble. LOL

MM