PDA

View Full Version : Has Willard Tool Design Changed?

SpiderMan
09-30-2002, 09:31 AM
One of my long-time buddies visited from Orlando this weekend, and we were discussing the Willard tipping tool he's had for well over a decade. I had recently checked into buying one.

The lady at Willard's told me that it comes with two identical collets, and that one is used at the ferrule-sanding station and one at the trimming station. She said they give you two so that you don't have to disassemble the collet holders to move one back and forth.

My friend, on the other hand, assures me that the two collets in his Willard are not the same. He recently had to replace a cracked collet at the trimming station, and said he would not have done so if he could have just moved his remaining "good" collet back and forth.

Has anyone compared an old (10-15 years) Willard with a new one? Has the design changed? What else is different? Or did I misunderstand the order-taking lady?

SpiderMan

Troy
09-30-2002, 08:49 PM
When I bought my Willard's about 3-4 years ago there were two (2) identical collets.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> One of my long-time buddies visited from Orlando this weekend, and we were discussing the Willard tipping tool he's had for well over a decade. I had recently checked into buying one.

The lady at Willard's told me that it comes with two identical collets, and that one is used at the ferrule-sanding station and one at the trimming station. She said they give you two so that you don't have to disassemble the collet holders to move one back and forth.

My friend, on the other hand, assures me that the two collets in his Willard are not the same. He recently had to replace a cracked collet at the trimming station, and said he would not have done so if he could have just moved his remaining "good" collet back and forth.

Has anyone compared an old (10-15 years) Willard with a new one? Has the design changed? What else is different? Or did I misunderstand the order-taking lady?

SpiderMan <hr></blockquote>