PDA

View Full Version : First violator of "BUFFET RULE" exposed!

LWW
04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style="color: #000099">President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama had a combined income of $789,674 in 2011 but paid a lower tax rate the president's secretary, who made less than $100,000, the White House confirmed Friday.</span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">The Obamas paid an effective rate of 20.5 percent. White House aides would not reveal presidential secretary Anita Breckenridge’s tax rate but confirmed it was higher than the first family's rate. Breckenridge earned $95,000 last year.</span>

<span style="color: #FF6666">The Obamas' rate is less than the 30 percent the president wants millionaires to pay under his proposed Buffett Rule.</span></span></span></div></div>

SAY IT AIN'T SO BARRY, SAY IT AIN'T SO ... (http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2012/04/13/obama-paid-lower-tax-rate-his-secretary)

Soflasnapper
04-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Fail.

You pay close attention to nothing.

The Buffett Rule was to apply to those earning $1 million a year, and probably that as an adjusted gross figure.

$0.789... million &lt; $1 million.

Qtec
04-14-2012, 01:41 AM
Fox Nation???????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I work at Fox News Channel.

The final straw for me came last year. Oddly, it wasn't anything on TV that turned me rogue, though plenty of things on our air had pushed me in that direction over the years. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>But what finally broke me was a story on The Fox Nation. If you're not a frequenter of Fox Nation (and if you're reading Gawker, it's a pretty safe bet you're not) I can describe it for you — it's like an unholy mashup of the Drudge Report, the Huffington Post and a Klan meeting.</span> Word around the office is that the site was actually the brainchild of Bill O'Reilly's chief stalker (and Gawker pal) Jesse Watters.

The Nation aggregates news stories, gives them provocative headlines, and invites commenters to weigh in. The comments are fascinating actually, if you can detach yourself enough to view them as sort of the id of the conservative movement. Of course, if you can't detach yourself, then you're going to come away with a diminished view of human decency, because HOLY MOLY THESE PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE THE BLACK PRESIDENT. I'm not saying they dislike him BECAUSE he's black, but a lot of the comments, unprompted, mention the fact that he is black, so what would you say, Dr. Freud? </div></div>

Q

Sid_Vicious
04-14-2012, 02:22 AM
Ain't ONE honest MF-er in the world besides those here who are beyond being an anal right wing idiot, would not recognize this.

eg8r
04-15-2012, 08:23 PM
LOL, you get so pissy when your sources are attacked yet that is the first thing you do every time you see an article that you don't like.

Be a man and tell me, do you think it is hypocritical for a rich tax-increase proponent to accept tax breaks that lower their effective tax rate and then turn around and tell us the rich should pay their share?

eg8r

Qtec
04-16-2012, 01:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you get so pissy when your sources are attacked </div></div>

Give me an example.

I don't know if it is that you are just stupid or obstinate. [ look it up.]
How many times have I asked you to post some proof of your claims?
Its just good manners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be a man and tell me, do you think it is hypocritical for a rich tax-increase proponent to <u>accept</u> tax breaks that lower their effective tax rate and then turn around and tell us the rich should pay their share?

eg8r </div></div>

See other thread for reply.

There is a difference between accept and manufacture.

That subtlety is obviously lost on you. No surprise there! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

eg8r
04-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Give you an example? Do a search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its just good manners.
</div></div>LOL, it is funny to see you talk about manners. LOL, you might want to look up the word hypocrite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a difference between accept and manufacture.
</div></div>That doesn't answer the question I asked. Do you need me to dumb it down even more for you to understand?

eg8r