PDA

View Full Version : Rick Uses Sick Daughter for Political Points.

DiabloViejo
04-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Rick Santorum Uses His Sick Daughter To Score Political Points With Gun Lovers
April 13, 2012
By Wendy Gittleson
Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/13/rick-santorum-uses-his-sick-daughter-to-score-political-points-with-gun-lovers/)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/rick_santorum_dm_120104_wg-300x168.jpg

In what might be one of the most cynical, most politically calculated moves ever, Rick Santorum today announced that his three-year-old daughter Bella is now a lifetime member of the NRA.

From CNN.com (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/13/santorum-daughter-bella-now-lifetime-nra-member/) :

“(My wife) Karen and I are life members of the NRA, and we wanted to announce today that…now Bella is a life member of the NRA, too,” Santorum said. “I hope it is a long life.”

Bella Santorum has a rare genetic disorder called Trisomy 18. Her odds of ever being old enough to shoot a gun are slim, but still, I doubt there’s anyone out there who doesn’t wish her anything but a long and happy life. Until today, I have seen no one try to turn Bella into political fodder and unfortunately, the person who did that was her own father.

Santorum dropped out of the presidential race earlier in the week. Today’s move will benefit nothing but a potential congressional run in 2014 or a presidential run in 2016.

cushioncrawler
04-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Jeezarse would hav been in the NRA.
mac.
.......Jim Shea April 15, 2012 The NRA is a victim of its own self.

The organization has been so successful at wooing and intimidating state and federal politicians that it's running out of gun deregulations to sling at them.

Just look at some of the personal protections citizens in many place now have thanks to the NRA's fire power:

Being able to take your gun with you to college.

Being able to bring your piece into a bar (which can give new meaning to such terms as "buying a round" and "getting loaded.")

And as we have seen in the Trayvon Martin "stand your ground" case, being able to shoot someone if they make you nervous.

Oh, did I mention they have also made it possible to bring your gun to church? Surely, Jesus would have packed.

So, what's left?

I suppose the NRA could push legislators to allow prison inmates to carry guns. I mean, is there a more dangerous place than a prison? Tell me guns wouldn't solve the shank problem.

No, if you eliminate from consideration grade schools and high schools — although gun-toting kids would certainly impact bullying — there is only one major frontier yet to arm: the friendly skies.

I don't think there is any question that allowing airline passengers to bring weapons aboard planes would make members of the flying public feel safer … particularly from stressed-out pilots and flight attendants.

Including guns among the carry-on luggage would also eliminate the need for airport passenger screening, full body scans and pat downs. This would be especially appreciated by toddlers and octogenarians........

cushioncrawler
04-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Mutant-kathlix will one day be over 50% of all kathlix.
Will mutant-kathlix be able to take a gun to church.
Shood the mutant-priest carry a gun.
Hmmmmm -- the kross on the back of vestments iz a tempting target.
Shood mutant-kathlix adore kross-hairs, a symbol of the kross.
Shood the mutant-priest raize a target instead of the chalice.
Praps the target kood be a drawing of satan.
Kan a church service be performed at a gun-range.
mac.

cushioncrawler
04-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Vatican 'Cardinal Rambo' defends passion for guns

Agence France-Presse April 12, 2012 Comment 1 •Story•Photos ( 1 ) "Cardinal Rambo" Domenico Calcagno leaves after a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI and other cardinals on February 17, 2012 at the Vatican. Calcagno has defended comments in Italian newspapers that reveal his passion for games.Photograph by: Andreas Solaro , AFP/Getty Images

VATICAN CITY - A top Vatican cardinal with a passion for shooting defended his rich collection of rifles and handguns in comments on Thursday to Italian newspapers that have already dubbed him "Cardinal Rambo."

"This passion for weapons is long-standing. I used to go to shooting ranges. Unfortunately since I've been at the Vatican I had to stop," Domenico Calcagno, head of the Administration of Vatican Patrimony, told Il Fatto Quotidiano.

"It's innocent. What I like above all is repairing weapons," he said.

The 68-year-old cardinal owns at least 13 weapons including the famous 357 Magnum made by Smith & Wesson and a Hatsan shotgun, according to the website Savonanews from Savona in northwest Italy where Calcagno used to be the bishop.

The website said Calcagno was also a keen hunter and had several rifles.

Calcagno said he kept the weapons in a locked armoury at his home in Savona but that did not stop press reports from making ironic digs at the unusual hobby for a cardinal of the Catholic Church, which advocates non-violence.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vatican...l#ixzz1s4C67cea (http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vatican%20Cardinal%20Rambo%20defends%20passion%20g uns/6446847/story.html#ixzz1s4C67cea)

Gayle in MD
04-15-2012, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeezarse would hav been in the NRA.
mac.
.......Jim Shea April 15, 2012 The NRA is a victim of its own self.

The organization has been so successful at wooing and intimidating state and federal politicians that it's running out of gun deregulations to sling at them.

Just look at some of the personal protections citizens in many place now have thanks to the NRA's fire power:

Being able to take your gun with you to college.

Being able to bring your piece into a bar (which can give new meaning to such terms as "buying a round" and "getting loaded.")

And as we have seen in the Trayvon Martin "stand your ground" case, being able to shoot someone if they make you nervous.

Oh, did I mention they have also made it possible to bring your gun to church? Surely, Jesus would have packed.

So, what's left?

I suppose the NRA could push legislators to allow prison inmates to carry guns. I mean, is there a more dangerous place than a prison? Tell me guns wouldn't solve the shank problem.

No, if you eliminate from consideration grade schools and high schools — although gun-toting kids would certainly impact bullying — there is only one major frontier yet to arm: the friendly skies.

I don't think there is any question that allowing airline passengers to bring weapons aboard planes would make members of the flying public feel safer … particularly from stressed-out pilots and flight attendants.

Including guns among the carry-on luggage would also eliminate the need for airport passenger screening, full body scans and pat downs. This would be especially appreciated by toddlers and octogenarians........ </div></div>

The NRA, and the Republicans of today, are equally NUTS, and equally full of greed, and have no conscience about the damages they do to our society!

Their Pro Life BS is a joke!

Gayle in MD
04-15-2012, 08:13 AM
<span style="color: #CC0000">I find everything he says and does just as nauseating as I find Mitsey and wife to be.

G.</span>