PDA

View Full Version : Prosecutor Doesnít Buy Zimmermanís Story

Qtec
04-15-2012, 01:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the fact that she brought a second-degree murder charge against George Zimmerman earlier this week didnít make it clear enough, a Florida special prosecutor released a document late Thursday that makes plain she doesnít buy his story about the killing of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

An affidavit made public by special prosecutor Angela Corey said her investigators determined Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer in a gated community in Sanford, Fla., was the one who pursued and confronted Martin.

It said Zimmerman was on the phone with a 911 dispatcher on the night of Feb. 26, just minutes before the confrontation. The dispatcher told him not to chase after the teen.

ďZimmerman disregarded the police dispatcher and continued to follow Martin who was trying to return to his home,Ē the document said. ďZimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued.Ē

That account contradicts what Zimmermanís family has said publicly. Zimmermanís brother and father have said Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle when Martin came up from behind and attacked him. </div></div>

You can read the affidavit here. (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/prosecutor_doesnt_buy_zimmermans_story_in_trayvon. php?ref=fpb)

Q

Qtec
04-15-2012, 04:13 AM
Who can blame her?

Q

Gayle in MD
04-15-2012, 07:56 AM
<span style="color: #CC0000">IMO, she is right.

Also, I don't believe Z.'s brother or father. Neither of them were believable to me, and I think the reason why Z has been hiding, is because he didn't want people to see that his injuries were not life threatening at all. The father and brother have overworked the life threats, IMO, I don't believe they have had threats at all, or if anny, they are exaggerating them, for their own agendas, and Z could have had police protection if he wanted it, but what he wanted was to hide the fact that he wasn't badly injured. His Judge father has been running this show all along.

The police were grossly negigent, IMO.

I'll bet we'll hear a lot about medical documentation on Zimmerman, that doesn't support his self-defense BS, and also, proves that he confronted Trayvon.

G. </span>

Soflasnapper
04-15-2012, 10:49 AM
She must have evidence beyond what we've heard to have a case for the depraved indifference part of the charge of murder 2. Or, may be overcharging without a case sufficient for conviction on that charge, in order to press Z for a plea to the manslaughter he may end up with.

Z's father and brother know only what they were told, and have an opinion about whose voice it was crying for help. None of what they say helps Z, imo.

Gayle in MD
04-15-2012, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She must have evidence beyond what we've heard to have a case for the depraved indifference part of the charge of murder 2.

<span style="color: #CC0000">That's what I think as well. </span>

Or, may be overcharging without a case sufficient for conviction on that charge, in order to press Z for a plea to the manslaughter he may end up with.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Yep, that makes sense, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Z doesn't take that deal. </span>

Z's father and brother know only what they were told, and have an opinion about whose voice it was crying for help. None of what they say helps Z, imo. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">True, and also, more of the neighbors, believed they heard a kid crying out, not a grown man.

Additionally, the voice experts state that it was not Zimmerman's voice crying out, and we know what his mood and unfounded accusations were, preceeding the murder. There is no question, he was profiling, IMO.

G. </span>