PDA

View Full Version : Anne Romney Proves She Can Lie Like A Mitsey!

Gayle in MD
04-17-2012, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ann Romney clarified her characterization of the Hilary Rosen controversy as a "birthday gift," telling ABC's Diane Sawyer that her words had been misconstrued.

"That wasn't how I meant it," Romney told Sawyer, referring to the idea that the "present" in question was the ensuing backlash to Rosen's comments. "It was a birthday gift to me because I love the fact that we're talking about this. ... I love the fact that women are talking about deficit spending and the economy, I love that."

Romney continued: "I will say for me, financial security has not been a huge issue. But that does not mean I'm not compassionate. It does not mean that I have not had different challenges. Everyone in life has their challenges, mine have not been financial. I'm grateful for Mitt for that and grateful for the blessings that that's brought in my life."

Romney's "birthday" comments came during a closed-door fundraiser for her husband Mitt Romney's presidential campaign.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"It was an early birthday present for someone to be critical of me as a mother, and that was really a defining moment, and I loved it,"</span> Ann Romney said during the Sunday event.

Rosen, a Democratic strategist unaffiliated with President Barack Obama's reelection campaign, kicked off the controversy last week when she criticized Mitt Romney for turning to his wife, who has "never worked a day in her life," for advice on women's economic concerns.

The former Massachusetts governor's presidential campaign quickly jumped on the comments, using the so-called "war on moms" to raise money and criticize Obama.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">LOL, what a crock! Anne and Mitsey blew Rosen's statements totally out of context, along with the help of every right-wing nutjob in the country, from the getgo, and now, Annie is proving that she's as big a liar as Mitsey! Read Annies statements above, and then watch her BS statements to Dianne Sawyer as she tries to walk them back, after being caught, and then outright lies about her own original gleeful remarks, at a closed door fund raiser in Washington D.C., where she was caught, by reporters who were outside but able to hear her, as she was obviously celebrating the fact that the Romney Campaign had been able to skew Rosen's statements for political gain, the gleeful Ann Romney called it aa early birthday gift, after they feigned hurt feelings and outrage, making a big deal about nothing, as they skewd Rosen's intended meaning, for political gain! </span>

Watch her deceitful walk-back at the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/16/ann-romney-birthday-gift_n_1429891.html?ref=politics

Qtec
04-17-2012, 06:22 AM
This is big!

What's happened is classic damage control GOP style. Find a friendly pseudo journalist on a friendly TV channel who will allow you to lie through your teeth and never challenge you.
Its a walk back wrapped in lies and distortion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I will say for me, financial security has not been a huge issue. </div></div>

Geez, wasn't that was Rosen's whole friggin point and she just confirmed it?

This guy sums it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In case the phoniness of the Romney campaign’s response to “Rosen-gate” wasn’t obvious enough already, Ann Romney’s glib political calculation should make it clear.

Behind closed doors, Rosen’s comments were a “gift.” In public, Ann and her allies were deeply offended by the slight from Rosen (who is on the Center for American Progress Action Fund’s board). “Now that does bother me,” Ann said in a Fox News interview responding to the jab. On a conference call organized by the Romney campaign, female Republican lawmakers tried to outdo each other in expressing their offense and outraged at Rosen’s comments.
Update

Discussing Ann Romney’s comment this morning, CNN’s Soledad O’Brien remarked, “It made it sound like it was about strategy and not about ‘what a great opportunity’ to talk about my family. It was more like, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>‘Wow, I was able to score political points on an issue that could help my husband win.’</span>” </div></div>

link (http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/16/464859/ann-romney-rosen-gift/)

Anne just sold her soul.

Q

Gayle in MD
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the link!

Anne Romney is such a phony! With the Romney couple we have two people who were born to Multi-millionaire fathers, and never had to worry about money in their whole lives.

Rosen's commennts were right on, annd it just makes me mad that Democrats don't stand behind other Democrats like tey should.

They should have backed up Rosen's comments, acknowledged that her remarks were taken out of context, and slightly loose in terms of the way she put them, and then asked the public if they think that a woman who has never faced a single financial worry or struggle in her whole life, is the best person to clue Romney in about how the other half must live, and if she is going to reverse his obvious lack of ability to have any empathy for others, even the damn family dog!

The woman has spent a quarter of a million dollars, just on buying her horses, alone!

Now they're out there yapping about her health issues, but did she have to face her breast cancer, or her MS, worrying about paying for treatment, like President Obama's mother did?

Her father was a dedicated athiest. She didn't even become a Morman, until she had set her sights on marrying Mitt. Then, when the other Morman women found her to be a snob, she had her father, the lifelong athiest, baptised in the morman church, AFTER he died, when he couldn't speak for himself, to try to win acceptance!!

Apparently, they do that, among other purely insane religious rituals!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Romney Book: ‘Nonworking Parents’ Produce ‘Indolent And Unproductive’ Children </div></div>

Demonizing the unfortunate. That's the Republican way. Welfare Queens, as Reagan the multi-millionaire, who made his big bucks peddling cigarettes, liked to say.

John Dean had it exactly right, Republicans are Without Conscience!

Watch how little we hear about this obvious Anne Romney etch-a- sketch bold faced lie as she attempted to walk back her revelation about how thrilled she was, and how she lied about how she actually felt about what Hillary said from the start. Truth be told, Anne Romney was THRILLED!

Two fakes! Two elitists! They were even trying to justify what they did to the dog!

It didn't work, though. Wapo poll today shows the president even more ahead of Romney with women voters than before Rosen's statements!

Poor and Middele Class women are going to see right through both the heartless Romney and his elitist wife.

G.

Soflasnapper
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Listen, they had their struggles, like anyone.

Anne tells how they had to sell off their stocks to pay for living expenses when Mitt was in school.

Luckily, his $6,000 investment had grown to $96,000, but it really hurt to have to cash in those gains and pay for school and living expenses.

So a hard luck story there for you.

Gayle in MD
04-18-2012, 01:33 AM
LOL, awe, the poor babies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Mitt is a walking, talking struggle, going on non stop, Mitt against Mitt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g

LWW
04-18-2012, 04:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is big!

What's happened is classic damage control GOP style. Find a friendly pseudo journalist on a friendly TV channel who will allow you to lie through your teeth and never challenge you.

Q

</div></div>

ABC and Diane Sawyer.

That's precious Snoopy.

Soflasnapper
04-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Reminders from history:

ABC was bought by CapCities, co-founded and with a considerable enduring investment by William Casey. Also known as Bill Casey. Former OSS guy, Reagan campaign manager in 1980 after Sears was fired, later Reagan's CIA director.

Diane Sawyer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In the Web exclusive below, Diane Sawyer opens up about the memories she has of her former boss, President Richard Nixon. Sawyer served as a press aide in the former president’s administration from 1970 through his resignation in 1974. She also spent time with Nixon at his compound in San Clemente, Calif., helping him to write his memoirs.

Having a front-row seat to to a history-making Nixon White House.
“I was able to listen because no one was really interested in what I had to say. So to be in the White House in that time and learning about human nature as you could when you weren’t in the center of the action was such an education.”

Going into exile with President Nixon in San Clemente.

“I had a sense of duty. I felt you don’t get to choose just being there in the celebrated times and then get to walk away when someone is living in defeat. And no matter how they got there and how punishing it was along the way and how bruising it was for American politics, I just don’t think that’s the person I can be. </div></div>

Parade Magazine piece from 2010. (http://www.parade.com/celebrity/celebrity-parade/2010/0225-diane-sawyer-talks-nixon.html)

So, actually, yes. Nixon loyalist 'journalist,' and CIA-dominated news network? Friendly environment.

Sid_Vicious
04-18-2012, 12:24 PM
"Poor and Middele Class women are going to see right through both the heartless Romney and his elitist wife."

They let Newt Ginrich skate on pure tabloid facts for a long time, so I wouldn't count on "Poor and Middle Class women" being any less fickle now. Just being honest...sid

Gayle in MD
04-20-2012, 01:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Poor and Middele Class women are going to see right through both the heartless Romney and his elitist wife."

They let Newt Ginrich skate on pure tabloid facts for a long time, so I wouldn't count on "Poor and Middle Class women" being any less fickle now. Just being honest...sid

</div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">The polls seem to prove it out, my friend. I have great hopes, but mostly based on the fact that women are definitely not going for Mitsey, regardless, but the Repubs have made a huge mistake, trying to deny women access to birth control, regardless of the religious BS.

All women use birth control at one time or other, and for many different health issues, other than avoiding pregnancy.

I predict quite a backlash against the Repubs, by women voters.

And as for the Romney's, they are now saying it's their turn! they both said it in that interview with Dianne Sawyer. They both act like they think that winning the White House, is like they're standing in line to Tee Off at some posh country club. Romney spouting off telling the President to "Pack" like he thinks he's already a shoe-in to win.

They are both turning people off, with their attitudes of elitist entitlement.

Romney could never beat the president, unless, and this is a very good possibility, Republicans are successful in blocking votes in general, which means, blocking votes for the President. They are already doing every illegal thing they can do to disenfranchise voters!

There is no doubt in my mind, the Repubs are going to try to throw this election. When they want to break the law, they simply skew the law into an unrecognizable scam.

G.</span>