PDA

View Full Version : Games in NYC

09-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Hey all. I'm fairly new to New York and brand-spankign new to this forum. I'd like to know some good places to play in the city, and (maybe...) to pick up some money games.

thanks,
jfaustus

09-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Golden Q in Queens, especially on a Monday night is always a sure bet. Spin City is right down the street, and those boys bet it too. Millenium Billiards in Manhattan has been mentioned to me on more than one occasion. Forget Chelsea, it was the land of the yuppies after its "face lift" and I heard an unconfirmed rumor that it had shut down altogether recently. Anyone out there got the 411 on this? Over the river in Jersey there's always action at Rockaway Billiards, especially Tuesday nights... You can try B&L Billiards in Edison, but there hasn't been much action there since Blood passed on.....

As Gump would say, "And that's all I got to say 'bout that."

nAz
09-30-2002, 08:23 PM
like lorri says but you can also try Broadway billiard on 21th st. open very late and you can find action there. also: http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=38213&page =2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
good lock

09-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Thanks Naz, it's been a while since I've done the NYC pool scene!

nAz
09-30-2002, 08:37 PM
No problem
um chelsea is still there and still Yuppy. ouch its expensive, but its now called slates and it too is on 21th st. off 6ave.