PDA

View Full Version : Romney and the man who barbecued a dog.

DiabloViejo
04-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Birthday Fundraiser For Ann Romney Hosted By Man Who Once Barbecued A Dog
April 17, 2012
By Stephen D. Foster Jr.
Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/17/birthday-fundraiser-for-ann-romney-hosted-by-man-who-once-barbecued-a-dog/)

When Mitt Romney strapped his dog to the roof of his family’s car to go on vacation, he clearly wasn’t thinking. And that decision has come to a haunt this election year as many Americans see this action as animal cruelty. It has been less than a boon to the Romney campaign. So it begs the question: How dimwitted does Mitt Romney have to be to associate with a guy who is guilty of extreme animal cruelty? Because that’s exactly what Mitt Romney did on Monday by throwing a birthday fundraising party for his wife Ann at the home of Fred Malek, a Romney supporter who once took part in skinning and barbecuing a poor dog on a rotating spit in a city park in Illinois in 1959. To make matters worse, Malek was also the advisor hired by former Republican President Nixon to purge the Jews from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

According to Dogs Against Romney (http://www.dogsagainstromney.com/2012/04/mitt-romney-fred-malek-and-animal.html) :

“When asked about the incident in 2006, Malek offered this explanation: He said he went to Peoria in the summer of ’59 to visit friends at Bradley University. They got “drunk out of their minds” and he “didn’t know why” one of the other men had killed the dog, that he was “not a participant” and that he was in “no position to stop it.”

Of course Malek would tell the story this way. It doesn’t matter that Malek was arrested with his friends for the incident, it just matters what he can make everybody believe now. But this is a visual Romney should have avoided at all costs. But he didn’t. This incident is just throwing more fire on an issue that already makes Romney look like a dog hater. Romney is not only cruel to dogs now, he is also friends with people who are cruel to dogs as well. It shows a complete lack of compassion and character. It is also stupidity. These things disqualify Romney from political office. You cannot trust a man with the lives of millions of human beings if that man is cruel to his dog and is friends with a guy who was even crueler to another dog. It’s just not a good idea.

cushioncrawler
04-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Pro 26:11
As a dog returneth to his vomit, [so] a fool returneth to his folly.

sack316
04-18-2012, 10:47 PM
"With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share."

From Obama's autobiography.

Sack

Gayle in MD
04-19-2012, 06:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share."

<span style="color: #CC0000">That (skewed, absurd, deceitful Republican talking point) is about the most desperate RW BS overrreach I've ever witnessed when it comes to politics.

The President was a little boy, in a foreign country, and the adults were serving the food.

Romney and his wife proved their gross mistreatment of the family dog! They should have been pulled over and fined, for animal cruelty!

There she is, Anne Romney, giggling about the dog having "the runs" (Since when is it funny when the family dog is sick?) when they actually put that sick dog right back on that car roof in the cold, and drove off.

They make me sick! Two incredibly cruel people, trying to justify their own heartless behavior! And she thinks it's funny?

Disgusting!

G.

</span>

From Obama's autobiography.

Sack </div></div>

sack316
04-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Even if I were to grant that point (although at the age he was I sure was capable of turning down food and surely would have refused service of our beautiful Afghan Hound D'fer)... but for the sake of fun we'll grant he was a child and adults were serving food.

He was an adult when he wrote his memoir. He did not speak of the experience with regret. He did not wish the adults had done differently. He had no negative feelings towards it whatsoever.

In fact, he speaks of the experience nostalgically and with pride in the experience (both in written form, and even as an older adult in the audio version).

No Pass.

Sack

eg8r
04-19-2012, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because that’s exactly what Mitt Romney did on Monday by throwing a birthday fundraising party for his wife Ann at the home of Fred Malek, a Romney supporter who once took part in skinning and barbecuing a poor dog on a rotating spit in a city park in Illinois in 1959.</div></div>I am not saying I would participate in such an activity but what makes a dog different than a pig? Wow, going back to the summer of '59 at a drunken party, I guess you guys really are desperate. Oh well it is fair since we made sure Dems never forget their murderous hero Uncle Ted.

eg8r

eg8r
04-19-2012, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That (skewed, absurd, deceitful Republican talking point) is about the most desperate RW BS overrreach I've ever witnessed when it comes to politics.
</div></div>LOL, you crack me up. Pissed that Romney did not stop a drunk guy from cooking a dead dog, yet perfectly fine with Obama actaully eating dog.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-19-2012, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if I were to grant that point (although at the age he was I sure was capable of turning down food and surely would have refused service of our beautiful Afghan Hound D'fer)... but for the sake of fun we'll grant he was a child and adults were serving food.

He was an adult when he wrote his memoir. He did not speak of the experience with regret. He did not wish the adults had done differently. He had no negative feelings towards it whatsoever.

In fact, he speaks of the experience nostalgically and with pride in the experience (both in written form, and even as an older adult in the audio version).

No Pass.

Sack </div></div>

Your option, but IMO, not very fair of you.

He probably thought reasonable people would get the drift of his story, and didn't think he HAD to defend himself, given he was a child, in a foreign country, and had nothing to do with mistreating any animal.

We all eat animals, and in different parts of the world, different animals are eaten.

Do you think the President would eat dog meat, now, as an adult man? What dog did he mistreat?

Anyway, there is no comparison between someone putting dead animal meat in front of you when you're a child, and two grown adults, putting the family dog on the roof of a car in the cold of the winter, even after they knew that the dog was sick, and driving for hours!

Would you do that to a dog you owned?

It was animal abuse.

G.

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That (skewed, absurd, deceitful Republican talking point) is about the most desperate RW BS overrreach I've ever witnessed when it comes to politics.
</div></div>LOL, you crack me up. Pissed that Romney did not stop a drunk guy from cooking a dead dog, yet perfectly fine with Obama actaully eating dog.

eg8r </div></div>

Of course.

Dear leader is lord of all creation in the minds of his sheeple, and therefor allowed to do whatever he pleases.

Meanwhile ... Romney is a follower of Emmanuel Goldstein.

sack316
04-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Replying to myself here...

But truth be told I don't care if Obama ate dog as a child. Heck, really kudos for some unique world and cultural life experiences.

But if he is going to choose to make an attack on actions from 30 years ago from the Romneys that resemble something from a National Lampoon's script, then he's got to fully expect some retaliation based on words from himself.

Sack

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Let me know when Romney orders an assassination of a US citizen without trial.

What's that?

That doesn't bother you in the least since it was done by Obama?

Imagine that.

Gayle in MD
04-19-2012, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Replying to myself here...

But truth be told I don't care if Obama ate dog as a child. Heck, really kudos for some unique world and cultural life experiences.

But if he is going to choose to make an attack on actions from 30 years ago from the Romneys that resemble something from a National Lampoon's script, then he's got to fully expect some retaliation based on words from himself.

Sack </div></div>

As far as I know, Sack, The President was not the person who drew attention to the animal abuse commited by the Romneys, thirty years ago. There was a lot of public outrage, back then, appropriately so, IMO, from PETA, and other animal protection organizations. Many, like myself, will never forget it either, and think that that act alone, is enough to prove a lack of human empathy, and caring about a defenseless animal, and hence, proof ennough that Romney has no business running this country!

The National Lampoon flavor has to do with how people felt about the outrageous nature of what they DID to their own family dog!

Additionally, I haven't heard one word from the President about this. Have you? If so, let me know. But, IMO, OTOH, Romney's statements about President Obama, along with the Republican Party, in general, are among the worst, most disrespectful, racist and slanderous political behavior that I have ever seen in my lifetime.

To be clear, additionally, these statements about the President, by Romney, came directly from him, not some outlying operative.

So again, President Obama wasn't responsible for the public outrage over what the Romney's did to their dog, and if Romney is going to sling it, then he can expect to get some back in return, and in his case, there is plenty to sling at him, given all of his lies and flip flops, and his obvious extraordinary efforts to hide his financial information, and refusal to reveal more years of his taxes, while he lies about what other contenders did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is no comparison between someone putting dead animal meat in front of you when you're a child, and two grown adults, putting the family dog on the roof of a car in the cold of the winter, even after they knew that the dog was sick, and driving for hours!

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> Would you?</span>

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:30 AM
http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/romneybutton1.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:30 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/4/18/z8ZuB-eBckuOsOoif_L4JA2.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:32 AM
http://sadhillnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/obama-ate-eats-dog-meat-bo-barackobama.com-sad-hill-news-3.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AqxzBtHCIAIPiEr.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:36 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Eats_Dog_Mexico.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:41 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/12919-Obama_Romney_Dog_Car.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:42 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/red/gallery/lumberjack-a62/1yum-i4030.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:43 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Puppies_Breakfast_Obama_600.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:43 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Dog_Interrupted_Logo.jpg

LWW
04-19-2012, 08:44 AM
http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Eats_Dog_Germany.jpg

sack316
04-19-2012, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Replying to myself here...

Sack </div></div>

As far as I know, Sack, The President was not the person who drew attention to the animal abuse commited by the Romneys, thirty years ago. There was a lot of public outrage, back then, appropriately so, IMO, from PETA, and other animal protection organizations. Many, like myself, will never forget it either, and think that that act alone, is enough to prove a lack of human empathy, and caring about a defenseless animal, and hence, proof ennough that Romney has no business running this country!

The National Lampoon flavor has to do with how people felt about the outrageous nature of what they DID to their own family dog!

Additionally, I haven't heard one word from the President about this. Have you? If so, let me know. But, IMO, OTOH, Romney's statements about President Obama, along with the Republican Party, in general, are among the worst, most disrespectful, racist and slanderous political behavior that I have ever seen in my lifetime.

To be clear, additionally, these statements about the President, by Romney, came directly from him, not some outlying operative.

So again, President Obama wasn't responsible for the public outrage over what the Romney's did to their dog, and if Romney is going to sling it, then he can expect to get some back in return, and in his case, there is plenty to sling at him, given all of his lies and flip flops, and his obvious extraordinary efforts to hide his financial information, and refusal to reveal more years of his taxes, while he lies about what other contenders did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is no comparison between someone putting dead animal meat in front of you when you're a child, and two grown adults, putting the family dog on the roof of a car in the cold of the winter, even after they knew that the dog was sick, and driving for hours!

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> Would you?</span> </div></div>

you are correct, Obama personally has not said anything to my knowledge. David Axelrod on the other hand...

And no, I wouldn't do that to a dog I owned. They ride in the back of pickup trucks down here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
04-19-2012, 08:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Replying to myself here...

Sack </div></div>

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> Would you?</span> </div></div>

you are correct, Obama personally has not said anything to my knowledge. David Axelrod on the other hand...

And no, I wouldn't do that to a dog I owned. They ride in the back of pickup trucks down here /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack </div></div>

Nor would I, my friend, and they ride around up front in the cab, up here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

DiabloViejo
04-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Said on the Bill Press show this morning, in their interview with the Facebook Page, Dogs Against Romney.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/546212_403737166311270_107699875915002_1480086_884 940573_n.jpg