PDA

View Full Version : Morons of the year...........

Qtec
04-20-2012, 09:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aiden McGrew Killed, Dismembered By Family Dog

SUMMERVILLE, S.C. -- A 2-month-old child was killed and dismembered by a dog in his family's South Carolina home Friday as his father slept, authorities said.

Aiden McGrew's mother called 911 when she got home around 11 a.m. and discovered the boy's leg was severed by a retriever mix the family had taken into the home <span style='font-size: 23pt'><u>a few weeks earlier,</u> </span>Dorchester County deputies said.

The boy died at the hospital a short time later, Coroner Chris Nisbet said in a news release. </div></div>

Are they insane?

Qtec
04-20-2012, 09:11 PM
My dog is bred to go after ducks/any bird and rabbits. its in his nature.I managed to get him off going after flying things eventually but it took a while.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hOzYfn5gmMc/Tst5u42sa1I/AAAAAAAABY8/hOr90CU4qD4/s744/17112011746.jpg

You can see he's not happy about it. LOL

When my next door neighbour came home with a rabbit, it was a totally different story!

It took six months before I was 100% sure that I could leave them alone together and come back and still have a rabbit.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U9R39J2RObA/TDkLJLUNHDI/AAAAAAAABOw/g_EOT5HoWQw/w553-h415-k/25062010411.jpg

LOL

Just to reiterate, if you take a strange dog into your home and you have just had a baby, beware.

Q ...not one to blow his own horn but looking at the pics, they look not bad! Do I have a hidden talent? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec
04-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I like this one.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WpiB_sU_Uxg/Sy5I-QcaShI/AAAAAAAAA4M/ILRmKTzD9pY/s744/20122009320.jpg

What?

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

DiabloViejo
04-21-2012, 12:56 AM
I have a 3 or 4 year old Basenji (female) that was rescued from a shelter in Tennessee this past Christmas. Basenjis are one of, if not, the oldest breeds of dogs. They originated in Central Africa and were the favorite hunting dog of the ancient Africans, including the Egyptians. Basenjis don't bark, they spot and stalk and drive out other animals. They are also content to let burglars in and then bite them without the dog having made a sound!

As someone who loves animals, and has had many different types of pets, including primates, canines, felines, reptiles, amphibians, and a porcine, I know how important it is to monitor an animal's introduction into any new environments. Environments of course include people, and let's face it, there's a lot of stupid and careless people in this world.

Gayle in MD
04-21-2012, 08:24 AM
What a face! He has such an experssive face.

I printed up a few of the pics you once e-mailed to me of your dog and put them in one of my albums of favorites. I loved the one you sent to me of him with the cat, sprawled out on the sofa!
Everyone goes nuts over your dog's pictures! You are good with that camera!

Do I owe you any money? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

When my granddaughter was born, my daughter had her husband take the babies cap and blanket home for the dog to get used to the babies scent before thhey brought her home.

They were amazing, the way they handled preparing their dog, for the baby's introduction into the family.

G.