PDA

View Full Version : The great Exodus begins ...

LWW
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Senator Joe Manchin of WV is the highest ranked dmokrook so far to declare they are not supporting dear leader ... and in fact may not vote for him at all.

I have heard from unnamed sources that perhaps even hondo will resist the evil spirits which possessed him in 2008, forcing his hand to cast a ballot for Obama.

If this is true, I feel obliged to congratulate my West Virginia friend for having the testicular fortitude to think on his own.

I ask all other conservative/libertarian members to support him in this as I suspect the cabal will turn on him viciously.

Soflasnapper
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Highest ranking? A now-sophomore senator in only his second year? Very low ranking, then.

Manchin is an opportunistic liar, according to this WV HuntingtonNews editorial on this matter:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We can only imagine what happens when a politician believes his own spin. Take Joe Manchin, for example. The Democratic National Committee and Manchin's own press flacks would have us believe that the junior U.S. Senator delights in fighting his own President, Barack Obama. But on the key issues important to the President, Manchin is there for him, even when two-thirds of West Virginia voters disagree with the President.

For example, take Obamacare. How often we heard Joe Manchin say in the closing weeks of the Raese/Manchin 2010 that he now opposed Obamcare, even after he embraced it earlier the same year in interviews. Many in both political parties here discerned that Manchin changed his tune on Obamcare just because his conservative opponent, Republican John Raese, had long had a consistent opposition to the federal government's takeover of our health delivery system.

Those Manchin skeptics were proven 100% correct when, just a few days after being sworn in as West Virginia's junior U.S. Senator this year, Manchin flew right back to President Obama's liberal nest. Manchin voted for Obamacare in the re-vote, a complete reversal on his late campaign pledge.

Think about that. In the span of just three months, Joe Manchin did a triple flip: first being for Obamacare, then stating his firm opposition to it, only to then go back to his original position once the coast was clear and the election over. That's what we have in our junior U.S. Senator--an unprincipled politician who will say anything, do anything, even on the most important piece of legislation facing the country.</div></div> here. (http://www.huntingtonnews.net/16594)

So is he really going to stick to his position THIS TIME? He has not ruled out supporting Obama, nor has he endorsed Romney. What has he said about the matter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I strongly believe that every American should always be rooting for our President to do well, no matter which political party that he or she might belong to. With that being said, many West Virginians believe the last three and a half years haven’t been good for us, but we’re hopeful that they can get better. I have some real differences with both Governor Romney and the President, as I have said many times. I think there are many West Virginians like me who have deep concerns about Governor Romney understanding the challenges ordinary people face. And there are many West Virginians who believe that he’s out of touch, especially because of his plan to end Medicare as we know it and privatize Social Security.

With that being said, many West Virginians and I also have concerns about the Obama Administration when it comes to energy – coal in particular – and the need to get our financial house in order. Like all West Virginians, I will be watching very carefully as this race develops. </div></div>

Single issue: coal. Some philosophical divide there, huh?

pooltchr
04-22-2012, 02:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Highest ranking? A now-sophomore senator in only his second year? Very low ranking, then.

</div></div>

I thought the exact same thing when they told me they were nominating Obama for president!!!

Steve

Soflasnapper
04-22-2012, 03:37 PM
You were right about that one!

In fact, as of his keynote address in the Kerry nominating convention, when I was told by jimmyg that there was the next nominee for the Democratic Party, I patiently explained to him that it was impossible, that he'd barely be into his first federal job a year or so (presuming he'd win the Senate seat that November), and in no way would the party take such a newbie.

Compared to him, even Dan Quayle had a far more significant resume, which as he said but was ridiculed for, was as much federal experience as JFK had (a House term, a Senate term maybe two) prior to achieving the presidency, itself a very small amount of experience.

pooltchr
04-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Experience and qualifications seem to be of little consequence. Electability is all that matters. We don't need good candidates...just those who can help hold the power!

It's really pretty sad when you think about it.

Steve

Soflasnapper
04-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Experience = a record of hard decisions that can be picked apart. Looking for stealth candidates with little paper trail. Like the SCOTUS nominees.

eg8r
04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manchin is an opportunistic liar</div></div>LOL, this is hilarious. Weren't you the one on the board harping at the righties for labeling Reps as RINOs? Here you go doing the very same thing, but instead of RINO you use "liar". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
04-22-2012, 10:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manchin is an opportunistic liar</div></div>LOL, this is hilarious. Weren't you the one on the board harping at the righties for labeling Reps as RINOs? Here you go doing the very same thing, but instead of RINO you use "liar". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Manchin can hardly be a Rino. A Dino , maybe.

LWW
04-23-2012, 03:20 AM
I knew the left would instantly denounce him for this.

LWW
04-23-2012, 03:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manchin is an opportunistic liar</div></div>LOL, this is hilarious. Weren't you the one on the board harping at the righties for labeling Reps as RINOs? Here you go doing the very same thing, but instead of RINO you use "liar". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Manchin can hardly be a Rino. A Dino , maybe. </div></div>

A Dino can be a beautiful thing.

Stand strong brother.

Soflasnapper
04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manchin is an opportunistic liar</div></div>LOL, this is hilarious. Weren't you the one on the board harping at the righties for labeling Reps as RINOs? Here you go doing the very same thing, but instead of RINO you use "liar". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

I believe you are mistaking me for someone else. I've objected in the past to LWW's claim that almost all GOPrs are LEFTISTS, but I recall no criticism let alone harping as to which GOPrs other GOPrs label RINOs. Although it's amusing that St. Ronald Reagan himself would be so labelled by the radicals dominating his old party.

I am quoting the analysis of a WV publication. They detail the example of his handling of his Obamacare support and opposition. For it, against it, for it. You think that's a trustworthy record of reliability and rock-solid principles, or maybe not quite all that? Is 'lie' too much to describe the flip-flop-flip, when it was all done with such convenient timing for his electoral benefit? If so, what would you call it?

LWW
04-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Why are you trying to change topic?

Soflasnapper
04-24-2012, 08:53 AM
eg8r took a tangential swipe and I answered him.

My early main answer is wholly on point.

eg8r
04-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Sure "harp" was a bit strong but you have mentioned it before. With a search that took less than a second on this board's search engine this link was found... sofla upset with the use of the phrase RINO (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Board=3&Number=359989&Searchpage=1&Main=34122&Words=rino+Soflasnapper&topic=0&Search=true#Post359989) <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You put any Republican you don't like in the RINO camp.

That's not true. And it's ridiculous.

</div></div>LOL, and now we can see that you put the Dems you don't like into the group you have labeled "liars".

eg8r

Soflasnapper
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
I said that about LWW's improperly profligate use of the term, not about a general Republican use of the term, or its general use on this board. LWW has his own unique usages, as I mention on occasion. One mention last year in July isn't much of a track record, I'll say.

Manchin is far from a stand up guy you can rely on to even do what he says, as his 3 flops on Ocare cited already show. Tough talker (his commercial showed him 'shooting' the cap and trade bill with his rifle), but somewhat of a coward and a weasel, by his track record. He's perhaps not lying when he says he's reserving his endorsement at this time-- that appears to be true. To think it means that at the end of this process, that will be his position, would be a risky bet. He's untrustworthy as to his positions, when his own political skin is in the game.

hondo
04-24-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm annoyed by his statement that he hasn't made up his mind yet. I see no value in that comment in the first place.
Manchin comes from a supposedly devout Catholic family. Many were coal miners and all are avid hunters.They are also a long line of Democratic politicians.
Some of the issues that bother Manchin bother me. I am pro coal, pro guns, and really conflicted on the abortion issue.
Thus far his voting record, I would guess, is only about 65% pro Democrat. Some of his votes I agree with, some I understand, and some have me baffled.
The majority of West Virginians hate Obama. Much of their hate is either stupidity or racism I'm sorry to say so they will support Manchin and I imagine they will vote for Romney.
It is what it is.

Soflasnapper
04-25-2012, 10:31 AM
He's a profile in anti-courage. Afraid to say he supports Obama's re-election, afraid to say he's against it, hoping that the strategic refusal to commit will help him in the state. Maybe it will, as he is an experienced politician with that group of voters, and presumably cannot be wholly incompetent. Just looks like he is! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
04-25-2012, 12:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's a profile in anti-courage. Afraid to say he supports Obama's re-election, afraid to say he's against it, hoping that the strategic refusal to commit will help him in the state. Maybe it will, as he is an experienced politician with that group of voters, and presumably cannot be wholly incompetent. </div></div>Looks like you aren't even sure yourself what you think. First you say he is a profile of anti-courage and afraid to commit, but then tell us he is an experienced politician. My guess is that he isn't anti-courageous or afraid at all, but due to his experience he knows that playing both sides suits his own purpose. Right or wrong, but it is a common sense explanation.

eg8r

LWW
04-26-2012, 05:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Looks like you aren't even sure yourself what you think.

eg8r </div></div>

How can he when the regime hasn't't yet told him what he thinks?

Stretch
04-26-2012, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Looks like you aren't even sure yourself what you think.

eg8r </div></div>

How can he when the regime hasn't't yet told him what he thinks? </div></div>

Oh dear, sour grapes from the Homer Simpson Camp. St.

eg8r
04-26-2012, 10:30 AM
LOL, hey Stretch, did you catch the first episode of the Simpsons? Earlier this week was the 25th anniversary for Fox, or something like that, and they were re-showing all the original series on the station. I saw the original pilot and second episode of Married with Children and cracked up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r