PDA

View Full Version : Secret meeting to take down Obama exposed

DiabloViejo
04-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Secret meeting to take down Obama exposed

Video on msnbc.com: On Obama's inauguration day, Congressional Republican leadership held a secret meeting where they agreed to oppose President Obama on every economic proposal according to Robert Draper's new book.

MSNBC (http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-last-word/47183181#47183181)

eg8r
04-26-2012, 05:49 PM
And Obama folded every time showing us he has no spine and would prefer to be a Bush-look-alike instead of doing his job.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secret meeting to take down Obama exposed

Video on msnbc.com: On Obama's inauguration day, Congressional Republican leadership held a secret meeting where they agreed to oppose President Obama on every economic proposal according to Robert Draper's new book.

MSNBC (http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-last-word/47183181#47183181) </div></div>

The Republican obstructionism plan, during the efforts to recover from the financial crises, which was caused by their own party's policies, was the most un-American action I think I have ever witnessed.

They are absolute PIGS!

BTW, I didn't see this thread before I added to your other thread, The Enemies Within but in it, I included the name of the book which exposes this disgraceful anti-American Republican plan.
G.

Soflasnapper
04-26-2012, 06:16 PM
The decision to impeach Clinton was made early in his first year as well, by the CPAC crew, iirc.

Over what, they were flexible.

LWW
04-27-2012, 04:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The decision to impeach Clinton was made early in his first year as well, by the CPAC crew, iirc.

Over what, they were flexible. </div></div>

Evidenced by?

I know, I crack myself up.

LWW
04-27-2012, 04:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secret meeting to take down Obama exposed

God bless them one and all.

nAz
04-27-2012, 04:57 AM
Not to worry, if Mittsy get elected the Dems will do the same thing and block just about everything the Reps propose. revenge is a bitch, cant wait to hear righties cry over it.

cushioncrawler
04-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Somehow i aint worryd about the usofa.
But i looz sleep over delta smelta.
mac.

nAz
04-27-2012, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somehow i aint worryd about the usofa.
But i looz sleep over delta smelta.
mac. </div></div>

Hey Mac daddy how you doing?
WTH is a "delta smelta" some kinda sandwich?

DiabloViejo
04-27-2012, 11:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secret meeting to take down Obama exposed

God bless them one and all. </div></div>

Yeah bless 'em for preferring to see the American economy in the toilet and millions suffering in order to get the black guy out of the Oval Office. That's true patriotism! Ain't that right there, slick?

LWW
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
How did they do that?

Soflasnapper
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Early in '93, the CPAC brought together the usual cast of Daddy Warbucks billionaire rightie cranks and conservative movement leaders (Paul Weyrich, Richard Mellon Scaife, Jerry Falwell, etc.), and they decided to pursue a character assassination campaign leading to an impeachment effort. Conservative Georgia Rep. Bob Barr called for Clinton's impeachment in '93. Scaife funded the 'Arkansas Project' with several millions of dollars as part of this plan through '93, and by December of '93, it bore fruit in the David Brock-written Arkansas troopers' stories ('Troopergate!') on the front page of the American Spectator, and the game was on.

By early '94, the next annual CPAC meeting featured 'impeach Clinton' bumper stickers for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In February 1994, I covered the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington where Brock spoke to a packed banquet hall of cheering activists. At the same hotel, Paula Jones, whose first name was mentioned in Brock’s Troopergate article, gave a news conference indicating she might file a lawsuit.

The angry tone of the CPAC gathering made clear that the bumper stickers on sale, which already were calling for Clinton’s impeachment or worse, were not empty political slogans. The increasingly powerful conservative apparatus was determined to oust Clinton over one charge or another. Nixon’s political legacy – mixing dirty tricks, “rat-fucking,” character assassination and cover-ups – had become the everyday tricks of the trade for America’s conservative movement.</div></div>

(Journalist Robert Parry's account)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It WAS planned for a long time.....but under different scenarios. Cliff Harris and others in AK had been circulating stories and lies for years.........all without any substance but used as smear material against clinton. Jerry Falwell also used the stories and lies (and paid the witnesses) in the "Clinton Chronicles" tape

Mary Matalin was "offered" those "stories and lies" by the AK group (refused) and were dormant until 1995 and the republican shutdown.

CPAC held a "conference" (loosely defined) to figure out how to stop the PR damage. (GOP fortunes were in single digits at the time). William Bennett Jr (CPAC) suggested that: "a question of character" might be enough to get clinton........whereby Richard
Scaife (CPAC) Authorized a $2 million dollar payment to Emmett Tyrell Jr (American Spectator) for the Jones article (paid witnesses, etc). </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally, it has also been well established that the pressure of multiple lawsuits was designed to discredit and financially harass Clinton from 1992 onward.

Most of the suits were funded by CPAC and/or CPAC member Scaife. He funneled $3 through the Heritage Foundation, $1.3 Million through the firm that Jones first hired, $2 million through CPAC to the American Spectator, $4 Million to Judicial Watch, $2.5 million through the Southeastern Legal foundation, and over $15 million through a dozen or so other rightwing think tanks........all of which were engaged in legal harassment of the
Clintons.

William Bennett laughed when asked if CPAC was engaging in a "conspiracy".........replied: "can you prove it's for "evil intent"? </div></div>

cushioncrawler
04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somehow i aint worryd about the usofa. But i looz sleep over delta smelta. mac.</div></div>Hey Mac daddy how you doing? WTH is a "delta smelta" some kinda sandwich?</div></div>Delta Smelta iz my catchcry for the usofa environment -- based on the endangered delta smelt. Apparantly fishermen are crying koz they aint catching any. U kood eat a delta smelta sandwich in the oldendays, not now.
mac.

Mutant kathlix will soon outliv their parents (another catchcry).