PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Budget ‘Unconstitutional Legislative Trick'

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Republicans Advance Ryan Budget Using An ‘Unconstitutional Legislative Trick’
By Igor Volsky on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:31 am
Think Progress (http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/04/18/466505/ryan-deem-pass/)

In 2010, Republicans accused Democrats of “rushing their massive government takeover of health care through Congress” and considering an “unconstitutional legislative trick” called deem and pass for advancing the measure.

“We’ve seen all week, Speaker Pelosi, Majority Leader [Harry] Reid continuing to scheme and plot trying to find some way to get their big government takeover of health care enacted,” then-Republican Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) said in January of 2010, setting the tone for the Republican outrage. Shortly thereafter, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) introduced a resolution stating “that the House disapproves of the malfeasant manner in which the Democratic Leadership has thereby discharged the duties of their offices” and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) took to the floor and accused Democrats of “greasing the skids for an abuse of the budget procedure.” “The arrogance, the paternalism, the condescension to the American people is just breathtaking,” Ryan declared. “This is not just a simple fixer bill either. This is the linchpin for healthcare.”

Well, what a difference two years make. Despite vociferously opposing “deem and pass” in 2010 — a tactic the Democrats ultimately abandoned — Republicans are now relying on the procedure to advance their budget resolution. Yesterday, the GOP claimed that “deem and pass” was necessary to “set in motion a 2013 fiscal plan in the absence of an action or agreement with the other chamber” and approved the measure in a vote of 228-184.

GOP leaders are advancing the House Republican budget and its proposed changes to Medicare despite opposition in the Democratic-led Senate by using used a relatively obscure procedural move — tucking it alongside an unrelated bill that would allow the importation of trophy polar bears.

In considering the sportsmen’s hunting legislation, the House approved a provision Tuesday that essentially “deems” the budget from Rep. Paul D. Ryan (R-WI) passed, even though the blueprint with its tax breaks and cuts to domestic programs was dead on arrival in the Senate.

Public opinion surveys show that Americans overwhelmingly oppose the House budget blueprint and its changes to the Medicare program. A United Technologies/National Journal poll from March found that 64 percent believe that “Medicare should continue as it is today, with the government … paying doctors and hospitals directly for the services they provide to seniors,” including “a solid 56 percent to 30 percent majority of Republicans.”

LWW
05-01-2012, 03:29 AM
So you finally admit that the dems want to do what they will condemn others for?

Deeming a bill passed is a dishonest tactic no matter which side does it.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Except for when your side does it, ain't that right there, Sybil, JohnnyD, LWW, Secaucus Fatty or whoever you are at this moment? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

How to Help Someone with Dissociative Identity Disorder:
Yahoo Voices (http://voices.yahoo.com/how-help-someone-dissociative-identity-disorder-4981520.html)

LWW
05-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Still mystified by the English language I see.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 03:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still mystified by the English language I see. </div></div>

No not at all! Douche is the language that I have a hard time understanding! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Qtec
05-01-2012, 03:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tucking it alongside an unrelated bill that would allow the importation of<u> trophy polar bears.</u> </div></div>

Q...lost for words

LWW
05-01-2012, 04:05 AM
Typical Alinskyism ... after taking a beat down on the issues you mount personal assaults.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 04:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Typical Alinskyism ... after taking a beat down on the issues you mount personal assaults. </div></div>

LOL! The king of ad-hominem attacks is offended by "personal assaults". What's the matter shnookums can take a bit of your own Alinsky medicine? Too bad, grow a thicker hide or grow a set, petunia! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
05-01-2012, 04:17 AM
IYou just can't bring yourself to judge the demokrooks by the same standard can you.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 04:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IYou just can't bring yourself to judge the demokrooks by the same standard can you. </div></div>

Uh huh, I'll get cracking on that just as soon as you start judging the Repugnicants the same way you do the "demokrooks". Man, you are SUCH a hypocrite! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
05-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Again, I can lead you to knowledge ... I can't make you think.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 04:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I can lead you to knowledge ... I can't make you think. </div></div>

What makes you think I would ever want your so-called 'knowledge" or that I would ever want to think like you? You are nothing that any decent person should aspire to be. In fact, at different times, you're boring, hilariously idotic, tedious childish, pathetic, moronic, wretched, disgusting, duplicitous, and pitiful. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
05-01-2012, 04:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I can lead you to knowledge ... I can't make you think. </div></div>

What makes you think I would ever want your so-called 'knowledge" </div></div>

Nothing ... in fact you have convinced me that you abhor the truth.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 04:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I can lead you to knowledge ... I can't make you think. </div></div>

Nothing ... in fact you have convinced me that you abhor the truth. </div></div>

Yeah and you are just a champion of truth, honesty, and the American way ain't you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
05-01-2012, 04:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I can lead you to knowledge ... I can't make you think. </div></div>

Nothing ... in fact you have convinced me that you abhor the truth. </div></div>

Yeah and you are just a champion of truth, honesty, and the American way ain't you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Thanks.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 05:14 AM
You are so funny when you squirm! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
05-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Your abilities of self delusion are quite impressive.

Dear leader must be very proud of you.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your abilities of self delusion are quite impressive.

Dear leader must be very proud of you. </div></div>

Ahh, psychological projection AND dissociative identity disorder! Very interesting indeed!

"Psychological projection is the phenomenon whereby one projects one’s own thoughts, motivations, desires, feelings, and so on onto someone else (usually another person, but psychological projection onto animals, parents, children, neighbors, other drivers, political figures, racial groups, states and countries, also occurs).

According to the theories of Sigmund Freud, psychological projection is a psychological defense mechanism whereby one “projects” one’s own undesirable thoughts, motivations, desires, feelings, and so on onto someone else (usually another person, but psychological projection onto animals and inanimate objects also occurs). The principle of projection is well-established in psychology.

An illustration would be an individual who feels dislike for another person, but whose unconscious mind does not allow them to become aware of this negative emotion. Instead of admitting to themselves that they feel dislike for someone, they project their dislike onto him, so that the individual’s conscious thought is not “I don’t like Bob,” but “Bob doesn’t seem to like me or I do not like that certain behavior that Bob does.”

It is “the operation of expelling feelings or wishes the individual finds wholly unacceptable – too shameful, too obscene, too dangerous – by attributing them to another”.

Projection concerns externalizing the issues that we need to deal with ourselves. Usually we project onto others issues and problems that we need to address within ourselves, or are unable to manage properly. Projection is irresponsible behavior as we dump our problem onto somebody else. We justify these projections by blaming someone or something outside for the emotions we do not want to feel. We project our disappointments and problems onto other people, it is somehow their fault, we become a blamer. Ultimately it is the person who projects that loses, as they never really sort out their own problems.

There are techniques to overcome this:
Recognition of this trait in ones own character is the first step.

Finding out what issues we project is the next.

Then taking responsibility and bring the projection back in.

Facing the issues penetrates them and finishes them off."

Dr Karl Wolfe (http://karlrwolfe.com/psychological-projection.html)

http://img2.allposters.com/images/ADVG/888.jpg

LWW
05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
You need something stronger than Lucy.

DiabloViejo
05-01-2012, 08:03 AM
And you could do with large and regular doses of Thorazine! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://scienceblogs.com/bushwells/upload/2006/11/Thorazine.jpg