PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Custom Cues

rackmup
10-01-2002, 07:11 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Phoenix Custom Cues located in Phoenix, Arizona?

Andy Scott and Matt Davidow (sp?) owned the place and I thought it was doing well but their phone is disconnected.

I'm assuming they are out of business but does anyone know why?

Regards,

Ken (Andy did the best tip work in AZ and built some nice hitting cues)

Wally_in_Cincy
10-01-2002, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Does anyone know what happened to Phoenix Custom Cues located in Phoenix, Arizona?

Andy Scott and Matt Davidow (sp?) owned the place and I thought it was doing well but their phone is disconnected.

I'm assuming they are out of business but does anyone know why?

Regards,

Ken (Andy did the best tip work in AZ and built some nice hitting cues) <hr></blockquote>

Yo Ken,

Roger Griffis was sponsored by them earlier this year. Maybe he could tell you. Doesn't he work at C.J.'s?

BillPorter
10-01-2002, 08:07 AM
Wally,

Roger DID work at CJ's, but I heard from an old friend in Dallas that he is no longer working there. Reasons for his leaving are unknown (by me, at least).

SpiderMan
10-01-2002, 11:55 AM
About 18 months ago they were advertising a deal where you paid to come in and build your own cue under their supervision. I'd say that's a possible indication that they didn't have a lot of sales for their own cues, so maybe they did fold.

SpiderMan

Cueless Joey
10-01-2002, 12:28 PM
There's too much competition for cuemakers in AZ. You have BCm, Sierra and Robinson there among the few. I wasn't overly impressed by Phoenix cues when I saw them first at Hard Times. Andy worked hard marketing the cues though. But, there are just way too many cuemakers out there.

rackmup
10-01-2002, 01:16 PM
The "Build your own cue" promo was something they started two weeks after they opened.

Regards,

Ken

rackmup
10-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Roger's association with CJ's ended about two-three months ago. I'm told he now "lurks" at "Mr. Kim's".

Regards,

Ken