PDA

View Full Version : Gov Walker Raises $25,000,000.

Sev
05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Looks like the fun is about to begin.
The libs are going to have a meltdown when he wins /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2012/05/01/walker-campaign-raises-13-million.html

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker’s campaign said it has raised more than $13 million in the most recent reporting period.

The Walker campaign said late Monday that it received 125,926 contributions. While Walker received some mega-contributions of $100,000 or more, his campaign said 96,292 of the contributions were $50 or less.

The Walker campaign said it finished the quarter with a combined total of more than $4.8 million cash on hand in the recall and general campaign funds. The campaign has raised more than $25 million since Jan. 1, 2011.

Meanwhile Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, who is seeking the Democratic nomination to face Walker in the June 5 recall election, said late Monday that he raised $830,000 in the latest finance report. The figure includes the $750,000 raised in the first 25 days of his gubernatorial campaign.

Barrett already had nearly $500,000 in campaign fund and now has $1.3 million for his gubernatorial bid.

The other leading Democratic candidate, former Dane County executive Kathleen Falk, said last week she raised $1 million. Falk also has the backing of a political action committee that is supported by labor unions including the Wisconsin Education Association.

Soflasnapper
05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes, maybe he can raise enough money from out of state billionaires like his patrons the Kochs to stave off his otherwise fairly certain defenestration by the people.

Sev
05-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Dont expect Walker to be going anywhere.

The democrats are going to have to ship in an awful lot illegals and dig up a lot of graves by the looks of it.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, maybe he can raise enough money from out of state billionaires like his patrons the Kochs to stave off his otherwise fairly certain defenestration by the people. </div></div>

Precisely!

The way I look at this election, it's going to be a lose for Republicans, even if they officially win.

A win for them would really put the C.U. supreme Courts' idiotic, fascist decision under the spot light.

I believe the people of Wisconsin will sue, if the outside interests, and out of state money succeeds to come in with all of those millions, to destroy democracy in the state elections.

There are several investigations going on right now, I believe, into some of the illegal methods Walker has used.

The whole country is watching this, and if Walker wins, it's not going to go well for him, or for Republicans.

G.

Sev
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
last I heard only residents of Wisconsin can vote in the election.

I doubt very much that it is going to be completely along partisan lines when walker wins.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Apparently even the primaries weren't along partisan lines, either, with Walker having arrranged for fake Democrats to run.

The millions and millions from corporate millionaires and billionaires who don't even live in Wisconsin, flooding into Wisconsin in the form of secret PAC money, and handed to Walker, to be spent on the politics of personal destruction, and to cancel out the votes of the citizens who live there, will be seen as wealthy corporate interests, throwing a state election.

It will be seen that way, because that is what it actually is. That is, after all, exactly how Romney won the primary for president, M-O-N-E-Y!

Hence, I think it will be a lose for Republicans, overall, even if the pac money buys him the election, and additionally, for the Supreme Court, as well, which has the lowest approval ratings in decades, BTW.

The whole un-american scene, will help to push moderates in our country, more to the left. It will make people thing about what more Republican Supreme Court appointees would do to democracy. Big advantage for the Democratic Party, in the long run, much the same way that the radical Tea Party zealots, overall, have been bad for Republicans.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 05:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">last I heard only residents of Wisconsin can vote in the election.

I doubt very much that it is going to be completely along partisan lines when walker wins. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">From one of Diablo's excellent posts: </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP Asks Supreme Court To Uphold Citizens United, Wants More Corporate Cash In Elections
May 2, 2012
By Justin "Filthy Liberal Scum" Rosario

Mitch McConnell is through pretending he represents anyone but the 1% and his corporate paymasters. Yesterday, McConnell filed a brief asking the Supreme Court to summarily judge in favor of upholding its Citizens United ruling by ruling on a case without even hearing oral arguments. The case in question is Western Tradition Partnership v. Bullock originating in Montana. The Montana Supreme Court had ruled that there must be limits on corporate campaign spending due to a clear history of its corrupting influence. The SCOTUS agreed to hear the case to see if Montana’s laws can overrule the top court of the land.

It is easy to understand the panic of the GOP as the overturning of Citizens United would be a disaster for them. It would take only a single conservative Justice to change their mind and their greatest electoral advantage would be negated. Such a vote would not be difficult to find. Justice Samuel Alito famously made a spectacle of himself at the 2010 State of the Union address by mouthing the words “not true” when President Obama stated that corporate money would distort the electoral process. Since then, it has become obvious to even the least politically aware individual that something is wrong. At least one of the five conservative Justices must recognize their error based on two years of empirical evidence.

The fact that Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell is pushing to have the case dismissed means he is aware of this as well. So is the US Chamber of Commerce, the corporate lobby, which also filed a brief to have the cased summarily ruled on. The move from the Chamber of Commerce is to be expected but McConnell is moving against public opinion on this matter. Over 70% of the country wants limits on corporate spending, including more than half of McConnell’s own base. McConnell has signaled who he really serves and it is not the people of the United States. Hopefully, someone will remind the voters of that when he is up for reelection.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/02/gop-asks-supreme-court/

<span style="color: #CC0000">The majority of Americans, left, right and center, are against the C.U. supreme Court ruling. </span>

Sev
05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I see.

However I'm willing to bet you'll back Obama when engages in politics of personal destruct in his quest for a second term.

Selective outrage is unbecoming you know.

Sev
05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">last I heard only residents of Wisconsin can vote in the election.

I doubt very much that it is going to be completely along partisan lines when walker wins. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP Asks Supreme Court To Uphold Citizens United, Wants More Corporate Cash In Elections
May 2, 2012

Mitch McConnell is through pretending he represents anyone but the 1% and his corporate paymasters. Yesterday, McConnell filed a brief asking the Supreme Court to summarily judge in favor of upholding its Citizens United ruling by ruling on a case without even hearing oral arguments. The case in question is Western Tradition Partnership v. Bullock originating in Montana. The Montana Supreme Court had ruled that there must be limits on corporate campaign spending due to a clear history of its corrupting influence. The SCOTUS agreed to hear the case to see if Montana’s laws can overrule the top court of the land.

It is easy to understand the panic of the GOP as the overturning of Citizens United would be a disaster for them. It would take only a single conservative Justice to change their mind and their greatest electoral advantage would be negated. Such a vote would not be difficult to find. Justice Samuel Alito famously made a spectacle of himself at the 2010 State of the Union address by mouthing the words “not true” when President Obama stated that corporate money would distort the electoral process. Since then, it has become obvious to even the least politically aware individual that something is wrong. At least one of the five conservative Justices must recognize their error based on two years of empirical evidence.

The fact that Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell is pushing to have the case dismissed means he is aware of this as well. So is the US Chamber of Commerce, the corporate lobby, which also filed a brief to have the cased summarily ruled on. The move from the Chamber of Commerce is to be expected but McConnell is moving against public opinion on this matter. Over 70% of the country wants limits on corporate spending, including more than half of McConnell’s own base. McConnell has signaled who he really serves and it is not the people of the United States. Hopefully, someone will remind the voters of that when he is up for reelection.

<span style="color: #CC0000">The majority of Americans, left, right and center, are against the C.U. supreme Court ruling. </span> </div></div>

The majority of Americans are not even aware of it. They are to busy watching the Kardasians and The Biggest Loser.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 06:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">last I heard only residents of Wisconsin can vote in the election.

May 2, 2012

<span style="color: #CC0000">The majority of Americans, left, right and center, are against the C.U. supreme Court ruling. </span> </div></div>

The majority of Americans are not even aware of it. They are to busy watching the Kardasians and The Biggest Loser. </div></div>

Obviously I am referring to Polling data of likely voters.

But you do have a point. Americans are incredibly mentally lazy, lacking in intellectual curiosity, or just too worn out from trying to scratch out a living, to have anything left over at the end of the day, other than to tune out to the dull drone of a television.

I was absolutely stunned by a figure of only 10% who voted in the primaries! Unbelievable!

I do think, however, that the women in this country are mostly all aware of what Republicans are trying to do to their access to birth control. No mater where I go, I hear women discussing it. There is a lot of outrage out there right now.

G.

Sev
05-02-2012, 06:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">last I heard only residents of Wisconsin can vote in the election.

May 2, 2012

The majority of Americans are not even aware of it. They are to busy watching the Kardasians and The Biggest Loser. </div></div>

Obviously I am referring to Polling data of likely voters.

But you do have a point. Americans are incredibly mentally lazy, lacking in intellectual curiosity, or just too worn out from trying to scratch out a living, to have anything left over at the end of the day, other than to tune out to the dull drone of a television.

I was absolutely stunned by a figure of only 10% who voted in the primaries! Unbelievable!

I do think, however, that the women in this country are mostly all aware of what Republicans are trying to do to their access to birth control. No mater where I go, I hear women discussing it. There is a lot of outrage out there right now.

G.

</div></div>

Its not that all people are mentally lazy. Though many are. Participation and awareness of the importance of being politically involved in what occur locally and nationally is not stressed in either the home or schools systems.
Most are just lead by their noses and really are not informed enough to make an educated opinion.

Funny where ever I go when I hear woman talking about birth control its exactly the opposite. They say they can take care of themselves and their birth control.
Of course I live in an uneducated, hayseed, Hill Billy southern hick state where most people still put a value on personal responsibility.
Oh the horror. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
That won't do them very much good if it is outlawed.

Apparently you are unaware of the "Personhood" legislative efforts?

Or perhaps you are unaware of some of the stated policy goals, of certain RW religious organizations, the current melding of the Republican Party, and their radical rural right, some of which suffer from psychotic religiosity?

These people share the views of Rick Santorum. Sex is only for procreation, or it is a sin. Birth Control is a sin. Are you saying that women in your region think the same way?

G.

eg8r
05-02-2012, 07:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The way I look at this election, it's going to be a lose for Republicans, even if they officially win.

A win for them would really put the C.U. supreme Courts' idiotic, fascist decision under the spot light.

I believe the people of Wisconsin will sue</div></div>Just a little common sense will show you how ridiculous this sounds. The people will sue because Walker's money tricked them into voting for him again? LOL, get serious. If the people vote him in again I hope the judge throws out any lawsuit that even comes close to complaining about his re-election.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I believe the people of Wisconsin will sue</div></div>Just a little common sense will show you how ridiculous this sounds. The people will sue because Walker's money tricked them into voting for him again? LOL, get serious. If the people vote him in again I hope the judge throws out any lawsuit that even comes close to complaining about his re-election.

eg8r </div></div>

They will sue the Supreme Court.

Additionally, he is under investigation now, for financing fake Democratic candidates.

Some of the Pac mney is also under investigation.

Wisconsins are not going to just let this happen in their state, and go home and forget about it, I assure you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cultural progressivism is the new American way....A majority of all Americans now supports same-sex marriage. Americans strongly upholding Roe v. Wade, and strongly oppose the position of the Republican Party. Fully 62 percent think that abortion should be legal in the first three months of pregnancy, in which 89 percent of abortions occur; only 15 percent favor outlawing abortion in all circumstances. Americans have become less religious and less culturally conservative over the past 40 years. Polling on birth control and sexual morality show that Americans unequivocally reject the sexual fundamentalists' attempt to take us back to a time when sex was stigmatized and only legitimate when confined within the traditional heterosexual marriage. The majority of Americans believe in the basic values underpinning a culturally progressive approach to matters of sex, gender, family, and culture: privacy, personal freedom, equality, and pluralism.

This progressive bent also extends to the country's attitudes on ending corporate dominance over our economy, supporting a robust middle class, and addressing climate change and other environmental crises.

</div></div>

You RWers are on the decline. You can thank the radical religious right, the Tea Party zealots, and Grover Norquist.

Your team is far, far from the general mood of the country.

The Republican War on women's rights, was the straw that broke the camel's back. Romney will not carry the women's votes, nor will any of the radical RW Tea party zealots.

G.

Sev
05-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I assume you mean personhood involving a fetus?

I dont think I have ever met a woman that thinks sex is just for procreation. Though I am sure such exist.

As far as personhood is concerned not every woman in the country believes that a child is an inconvenience that should be destroyed on whim.
The curse of technology is that it redefines where life begins.

There was a recent case where environmentalists sued for personhood for dolphins I believe.

What it boils down to is that you either believe each life is special and unique or that it is just a random event and its existence or not has no true value or meaning in the universe.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 11:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I assume you mean personhood involving a fetus?

</div></div>

Ah no, that isn't what I mean at all. These Personhood folks believe that every egg, and I suppose that means also every sperm, is a person.

Hence, all birth control methods, except for prophylactics, (diaphragms are used in conjunction with spermicide) work on occasion, and some on every occasion, by the woman's body rejecting fertilized fetuses. So their opinion is that every egg, is a person, annd hennce, they want to ban the use of birth control.

As I said, they subscribe to Santorum's view of sex, which is in his opinion a sin, except for when it happens for procreation.

Are you telling me the women in your region buy that?

G.

eg8r
05-03-2012, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wisconsins are not going to just let this happen in their state, and go home and forget about it, I assure you.
</div></div>If what you say is true then why would you make this statement...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The way I look at this election, it's going to be a lose for Republicans, even if they officially win.

I believe the people of Wisconsin will sue, </div></div>If the people vote him in then they have nothing to sue. It was their own stupid fault for bringing the guy back again. Common sense tells you that it doesn't matter how much money the man raises, if the people don't vote for him, for all the reasons you claim, then he won't win. If he does win then that means you have been blowing a lot of hot air, NOT because he raised money.

eg8r

LWW
06-06-2012, 02:40 AM
So hw did that recall work out?