PDA

View Full Version : Ann Romney Knows How We LIve? HELL NO!!

DiabloViejo
05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Ann Romney appeared on CBS This Morning wearing a Reed Krakoff shirt (tacky shirt, IMO) earlier this week (she was with Mitt). The shirt retails for $990. A rep for the company confirmed "It's 100 percent a Reed Krakoff shirt, but we 100 percent didn't send it to her. We don't get involved politically". Respectable opinion.

However, we're supposed to believe Ann Romney knows how it is to struggle, and be like the rest of us who aren't millionaires? How many of you have spent almost $1,000 on a single shirt?

So, do you think she really knows how we live?

ABC News via Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/designer-ann-romneys-1k-shirt-says-off-rack-142443099--abc-news-politics.html)

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ann Romney appeared on CBS This Morning wearing a Reed Krakoff shirt (tacky shirt, IMO) earlier this week (she was with Mitt). The shirt retails for $990. A rep for the company confirmed "It's 100 percent a Reed Krakoff shirt, but we 100 percent didn't send it to her. We don't get involved politically". Respectable opinion.

However, we're supposed to believe Ann Romney knows how it is to struggle, and be like the rest of us who aren't millionaires? How many of you have spent almost $1,000 on a single shirt?

ABC News via Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/designer-ann-romneys-1k-shirt-says-off-rack-142443099--abc-news-politics.html) </div></div>

LOL, Saw that. Her lousy taste in men equals her lousy taste in clothes. That was one ugly shirt!

Thought it was hilarious when she called Mitsey a wild and crazy guy, since he is as dorky as those actors behave, that play the wild and crazy guys on SNL.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

He wants to close down Planned Parenthood. Take money from the struggling to give more to the wealthy. And remove women's access to birth control, by supporting the radical "Personhood" amendments that the radical RW Republican State Legislators and Governors are trying to us to force women back into being barefoot and pregnant, and following ten steps behind.... the lastest in the Republican War on Women.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

eg8r
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
LOL kind of like hearing gayle talk about her yachting trips and then tell us she knows more about poor people. What a joke.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL kind of like hearing gayle talk about her yachting trips and then tell us she knows more about poor people. What a joke.

eg8r </div></div>

What's your point? Is it a crime to be wealthy? Or is it only a good thing when you are a wealthy Republican who got that way by screwing everyone? So, Gayle and her husband have a yacht, does that make you jealous? Imagine that a GOP bot suffering from class envy..how deliciously ironic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL kind of like hearing gayle talk about her yachting trips and then tell us she knows more about poor people. What a joke.

eg8r </div></div>

What's your point? Is it a crime to be wealthy? Or is it only a good thing when you are a wealthy Republican who got that way by screwing everyone? So, Gayle and her husband have a yacht, does that make you jealous? Imagine that a GOP bot suffering from class envy..how deliciously ironic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

The problem with his posts is that nothing in them is ever pertinent, nor true.

I have never stated that I know more about poor people than others on this forum. So that's just another of his lies.

I do know one thing, I care far more about them, then Eg, judging by what I read in his posts.

Additionally, I certainly do not consider myself financially wealthy, although, I am extremely rich in all the ways that really count. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

G.

Sev
05-02-2012, 06:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ann Romney appeared on CBS This Morning wearing a Reed Krakoff shirt (tacky shirt, IMO) earlier this week (she was with Mitt). The shirt retails for $990. A rep for the company confirmed "It's 100 percent a Reed Krakoff shirt, but we 100 percent didn't send it to her. We don't get involved politically". Respectable opinion.

ABC News via Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/designer-ann-romneys-1k-shirt-says-off-rack-142443099--abc-news-politics.html) </div></div>

Is there a point to this or are your just expressing you bigotry towards this woman?

eg8r
05-02-2012, 07:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's your point? Is it a crime to be wealthy?[quote0]LOL, it is nice to see you admit a lack of comprehension. You asked a question and I gave you another example. One a lot closer to the board than Ann Romney and all of a sudden you act dumb, like you cannot even follow your own concept. Let's see if I can help...You mention Ann purchasing a $1000 shirt to wear and I mention gayle's yacht. If you cannot connect the dots then bow out, embarassing as it may seem since it was you that started down this line.

[quote]So, Gayle and her husband have a yacht, does that make you jealous?</div></div>LOL, most times you don't know when to shut up and now is yet another example. I guess you are jealous of Ann's $1000 shirt. Pity though, you should be happy with what you have and quit looking at what others have.

eg8r

Qtec
05-02-2012, 07:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you are jealous of Ann's $1000 shirt. </div></div>

That's your answer for everything.

Has Ann Romney ever been in the position when she needed to pay a bill but didn't have the money?

Lets face it, Ann Romney has no idea how the other 99% live.

Q

LWW
05-03-2012, 05:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL kind of like hearing gayle talk about her yachting trips and then tell us she knows more about poor people. What a joke.

eg8r </div></div>

What's your point? Is it a crime to be wealthy? Or is it only a good thing when you are a wealthy Republican who got that way by screwing everyone? So, Gayle and her husband have a yacht, does that make you jealous? Imagine that a GOP bot suffering from class envy..how deliciously ironic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

So you start a thread condemning people for consuming wealth they created ... and then flip to defending people for doing the same thing.

Yes, the doublethink is strong in you.

eg8r
05-03-2012, 07:11 AM
LOL, he doesn't know what to do when he chastises someone and then finds out his own people act exactly the same way. That sucker backtracked as fast as possible and tried to blame me for pointing out yet another qualified example to bolster his point.

eg8r

eg8r
05-03-2012, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's your answer for everything</div></div>LOL, you freaking schmuck. You didn't read his post did you. Let's see if I can dumb it down enough for you...I was mocking what he said to me. You set the stupid bar so low and yet prove over and over again you inability to get over it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dillhole diablow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Gayle and her husband have a yacht, does that make you jealous?</div></div>I had to remind him of his jealousy of Ann's shirt since he thought my mentioning of gayles boat was with jealous intentions. You really got the short end of the stick didn't you. It is generally thought that most "intelligent/book smart" people lack common sense and vice versa. You on the other hand missed out on both, no intelligence or common sense.

Word of advice, before you open the hole in your face next time, shut up and read everything twice just to make sure you don't prove your stupidity yet again.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-03-2012, 07:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you are jealous of Ann's $1000 shirt. </div></div>

That's your answer for everything.

Has Ann Romney ever been in the position when she needed to pay a bill but didn't have the money?

Lets face it, Ann Romney has no idea how the other 99% live.

Q
</div></div>

When personal insults are included in every single post, it's pretty clear which posters have facts, and which have no intellectual ability to actually debate any subject.

Who could be jealous of a shirt so damned ugly, they wouldn't be caught dead in it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

eg8r
05-03-2012, 07:41 AM
LOL, what is clear is that you are finding out diablow doesn't think you are credible when talking about people who have less than you.

eg8r

LWW
05-03-2012, 08:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, he doesn't know what to do when he chastises someone and then finds out his own people act exactly the same way. That sucker backtracked as fast as possible and tried to blame me for pointing out yet another qualified example to bolster his point.

eg8r </div></div>

Yes he does.

He waits for someone to spoon feed him his new "OPINION" on the matter.

Qtec
05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you freaking schmuck. You didn't read his post did you. Let's see if I can dumb it down enough for you...I was mocking what he said to me. You set the stupid bar so low and yet prove over and over again you inability to get over it. </div></div>

Tell me schmuckface, what was the motivation for the 9/11 attacks?

What drove 19 fanatics to commit suicide?

Waiting.

Q

sack316
05-03-2012, 09:03 AM

No thread on Michelle Obama's $2000 Sophie Theallet sun dress? Or $950 Comme des Garcons skirt?

http://thekitchencabinet.us/wp-content/uploads/Michelle-Obama-sun-dress1-300x255.jpg

Personally I don't care what wardrobe anyone wears (if it is bought with their money and not footed by taxpayer dollars... which neither Romney or Obama have to my knowledge). But if such a thing is important to some, at least Mrs. Romney doesn't parade around in her garb while claiming to be a bargain shopper frequenting Target.

Kudos to both women, for being successful enough to be able to afford such luxuries. And same for Gayle for her and her family's hard work to be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor in style.

Sack

Sev
05-03-2012, 09:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you freaking schmuck. You didn't read his post did you. Let's see if I can dumb it down enough for you...I was mocking what he said to me. You set the stupid bar so low and yet prove over and over again you inability to get over it. </div></div>

Tell me schmuckface, what was the motivation for the 9/11 attacks?

What drove 19 fanatics to commit suicide?

Waiting.

Q </div></div>

Oreo's??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
05-03-2012, 09:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me schmuckface</div></div>HAHAHAHAHA!!! You were the comeback king in grade school weren't you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif You don't like the truth do you? Since you are changing the subject I guess I dumbed it down enough to show you the idiocy in your response. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks, that was good.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-03-2012, 09:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ann Romney appeared on CBS This Morning wearing a Reed Krakoff shirt (tacky shirt, IMO) earlier this week (she was with Mitt). The shirt retails for $990. A rep for the company confirmed "It's 100 percent a Reed Krakoff shirt, but we 100 percent didn't send it to her. We don't get involved politically". Respectable opinion.

No thread on Michelle Obama's $2000 Sophie Theallet sun dress? Or $950 Comme des Garcons skirt?

http://thekitchencabinet.us/wp-content/uploads/Michelle-Obama-sun-dress1-300x255.jpg

Personally I don't care what wardrobe anyone wears (if it is bought with their money and not footed by taxpayer dollars... which neither Romney or Obama have to my knowledge). But if such a thing is important to some, at least Mrs. Romney doesn't parade around in her garb while claiming to be a bargain shopper frequenting Target.

Kudos to both women, for being successful enough to be able to afford such luxuries. And same for Gayle for her and her family's hard work to be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor in style.

Sack </div></div>

Thank you Sack, but I do not belong to the wealthy circles of either women.

Although, IMPO, if the Romney's weren't trying so hard to overturn what many Americans have perceived as two people, who were born into extremely wealthy families, both with Multi-millionaire Dads from birth, whose statements have been very anti-Middle Class and anti-Poor,

"I'm not worried about the poor" and many other such comments, then they wouldn't be under the sort of scrutiny which they find themselves.

She has every right to wear a one thousand dollar shirt, if she wants to, but if it's ugly as hell, people have a right to speak about it, after all, she put herself in the public eye.

Additionally, an ugly thousand dollar shirt, wouldn't be noticed nearly as much, if she hadn't been out there for weeks, whining about how difficult her life has been. Pretending that she has had financial struggles. Distorting the reality of hwo lavishly they live. That has only expanded this sort of negative reaction to her expensive clothers, and car elevators, and such.

Additionally, to compare their road to financial success, in any financial way, to the Obama's, who both came up the hard way, and are both nself-made success stories, is just absurd, IMO.

I think most folks who have made their own way in life, and have had financial struggles to overcome, do have far more empathy for how the other half lives, the truly poor, if you will.

The Romney's should not pretend to have ever been even near that category, Like Romney saying he has worried sometimes about getting a pink slip! What a colossal LIAR! He has never had to worry about getting a pink slip in his life! Hypocrisy personified!

But then, President Obama, and his lovely wife, don't go around saying things like, "I like to fire people" in the midst of a recession, where jobs have been so slow to recover, although that was predicted to be the case right from the start, way back when the economy first crashed, during the Bush Administration.

What I do find disgusting is that we have people on here who jump into general discussions about people and the politics of the public arena, people and issues which truly are fair game, IMO, and try to distort and distract from the subjects of the threads by turning them into personal attacks upon others who post here. AND, they do it habitually.

Purely childish, and nasty, IMO.

G.

Soflasnapper
05-03-2012, 01:20 PM
The sole experience of alleged deprivation for these two were their college days. But on this theory, even a scion of the richest families suffered deprivation when he was at those elite Phillips Exeter or Andover prep schools or deluxe boarding schools in Switzerland with no income. This claim ignores the ability of those same persons to get whatever funds they need from their parents whenever they want it.

As Romney advised those of temporarily modest means who aspire to be business creators, just borrow it from your parents. Which is how he got the stock portfolio which he liquidated to fund his college days-- from his father.

DiabloViejo
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL kind of like hearing gayle talk about her yachting trips and then tell us she knows more about poor people. What a joke.

eg8r </div></div>

So you start a thread condemning people for consuming wealth they created ... and then flip to defending people for doing the same thing.

Yes, the doublethink is strong in you. </div></div>

You obviously have a problem with reading comprehension. I did not condemn anyone for simply being wealthy. I do have a problem with people who got that way by screwing people left and right, and buying the services of the prostitutes masquerading as our congressmen in order to further their selfish interests-- regardless of party affiliation. (And yes, that includes democrat scumbags like John Corzine, as well as GOP scumbags.)

So, one more time from the top:

"Is it a crime to be wealthy? Or is it only a good thing when you are a wealthy Republican who got that way by screwing everyone? "

So in closing, let me offer you some advice: work on your critical thinking skills and reading and comprehension skills. You are sorely lacking in both ( maybe that's the probable result of a H.S. GED level education).

Gayle in MD
05-03-2012, 08:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sole experience of alleged deprivation for these two were their college days. But on this theory, even a scion of the richest families suffered deprivation when he was at those elite Phillips Exeter or Andover prep schools or deluxe boarding schools in Switzerland with no income. This claim ignores the ability of those same persons to get whatever funds they need from their parents whenever they want it.

As Romney advised those of temporarily modest means who aspire to be business creators, just borrow it from your parents. Which is how he got the stock portfolio which he liquidated to fund his college days-- from his father. </div></div>

Absolutely! And It's really funny, to me atleast, that he keeps on jamming that foot right back into his mouth, that great big elitist foot!

I'll get bashed for this but IMO, this guy has serious emotional issues. They both do. When a person is that uncomfortable in their own skin, something isn't right.

G.

Soflasnapper
05-04-2012, 10:30 AM
You have to understand what's at stake for this guy.

His eternal life as a god will be made or broken, enhanced or impaired, by whether he becomes the POTUS. That's a lot of pressure, for anyone. And not normal ambition, but an existential threat (as to his eternal life's character).

Location, location, location! Got to get the best universe for your future godhood.

Gayle in MD
05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to understand what's at stake for this guy.

His eternal life as a god will be made or broken, enhanced or impaired, by whether he becomes the POTUS. That's a lot of pressure, for anyone. And not normal ambition, but an existential threat (as to his eternal life's character).

Location, location, location! Got to get the best universe for your future godhood. </div></div>

He has all of the earmarks of being emotionally disturbed.

I've known may like him over the course of my life.

There is a serious lack of balance to his overall personality.

He isn't at all authentic, and it's very obvious.

G.