PDA

View Full Version : GOP Wants More Corporate Cash!

DiabloViejo
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
GOP Asks Supreme Court To Uphold Citizens United, Wants More Corporate Cash In Elections
May 2, 2012
By Justin "Filthy Liberal Scum" Rosario
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/02/gop-asks-supreme-court/

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Senator-Mitch-McConnell-300x187.jpg
<span style="color: #FF0000">Double my cash and I'll be your corporate whore forever!</span>

Mitch McConnell is through pretending he represents anyone but the 1% and his corporate paymasters. Yesterday, McConnell filed a brief asking the Supreme Court to summarily judge in favor of upholding its Citizens United ruling by ruling on a case without even hearing oral arguments. The case in question is Western Tradition Partnership v. Bullock originating in Montana. The Montana Supreme Court had ruled that there must be limits on corporate campaign spending due to a clear history of its corrupting influence. The SCOTUS agreed to hear the case (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/09/supreme-court-to-re-examine-its-citizens-united-ruling/) to see if Montana’s laws can overrule the top court of the land.

It is easy to understand the panic of the GOP as the overturning of Citizens United would be a disaster for them. It would take only a single conservative Justice to change their mind and their greatest electoral advantage would be negated. Such a vote would not be difficult to find. Justice Samuel Alito famously made a spectacle of himself at the 2010 State of the Union address by mouthing the words “not true” when President Obama stated that corporate money would distort the electoral process. Since then, it has become obvious to even the least politically aware individual that something is wrong. At least one of the five conservative Justices must recognize their error based on two years of empirical evidence.

The fact that Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell is pushing to have the case dismissed means he is aware of this as well. So is the US Chamber of Commerce, the corporate lobby, which also filed a brief to have the cased summarily ruled on. The move from the Chamber of Commerce is to be expected but McConnell is moving against public opinion on this matter. Over 70% of the country wants limits on corporate spending, including more than half of McConnell’s own base. McConnell has signaled who he really serves and it is not the people of the United States. Hopefully, someone will remind the voters of that when he is up for reelection.

eg8r
05-02-2012, 06:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP Asks Supreme Court To Uphold Citizens United, Wants More Corporate Cash In Elections
</div></div>LOL, well in the other thread I mentioned that calling you a douchebag would be too nice. Since that is true I will just let you stew it over but in the mean time I will remind you that this heading includes Obama the new superPAC daddy. Well he was against it before he was entirely for it.

eg8r

Qtec
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP Asks Supreme Court To Uphold Citizens United, Wants More Corporate Cash In Elections
</div></div>LOL, well in the other thread I mentioned that calling you a douchebag would be too nice. Since that is true I will just let you stew it over but in the mean time I will remind you that this heading includes Obama the new superPAC daddy. Well he was against it before he was entirely for it.

eg8r </div></div>

Once again you show your ignorance. Obama is STILL against the CU ruling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>President Barack Obama supports changing the U.S. Constitution to keep private sector dollars from buying elections,</span> campaign officials told Raw Story on background during a conference call with reporters Tuesday.

The decision stands in contrast with the president’s recent embrace of super PAC campaigning, a key feature of the Supreme Court’s controversial ruling in the Citizens United case. Super PACs are third-party groups not affiliated with political campaigns that are allowed to take and spend unlimited sums of money for or against candidates for public office.

“In recent months, we’ve seen super PACs affiliated with Republican presidential candidates spend more than $40 million on TV and radio, almost all of it on negative ads, not just against opponents but against the president,” a top Obama campaign adviser said.

“Last week’s filings showed that super PACs affiliated with Mitt Romney’s campaign raised $30 million last year from fewer than 200 contributors, mostly from the financial sector. Governor Romney personally helped raise money from this group, which is run by some of his allies.”

The campaign added: “Meanwhile, Karl Rove, the Koch brothers and others have joined together to raise almost a half billion dollars, again for one singular purpose: to defeat the president in November. So, with so much at stake, we’re not going to allow a repeat of the 2010 election, where the Republican nominee is the beneficiary of Karl Rove-Koch brothers unlimited spending and the Democrats are unilaterally starving. There’s too much at stake.”

The decision means Obama is now welcoming the support of super PACs and endorsing the Priorities USA super PAC, which supports his reelection.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Meanwhile, the president has pledged to support a constitutional amendment that would reform campaign finance in such a way that outside groups are prohibited from spending unlimited sums on political advocacy.</span> </div></div>

To do this he would need the support of the GOP.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP Asks Supreme Court To Uphold Citizens United, Wants More Corporate Cash In Elections </div></div>

Q

eg8r
05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again you show your ignorance. Obama is STILL against the CU ruling.
</div></div>LOL, yeah one hand says I hate you while the other hand is out asking for the money. I would call you ignorant but that is being too nice, you literally are being intellectually dishonest. You are watching the lips instead of the hands.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
05-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Thank you eg8r for moving me donate another $500 to Priorities USA Action! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Oh and don't forget it was your team that promoted and pushed for the Citizen's United ruling. I know I won't. All you bullsh*t about "intellectual dishonesty" is just a cover for your anger at Obama using the same weapon as the GOP. Don't worry though, once the house is back in Democrat hands and Obama is reelected that nasty CU thing will be repealed one way or another.

eg8r
05-03-2012, 10:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you eg8r for moving me donate another $500 to Priorities USA Action!</div></div>You are welcome, as the saying goes, "A fool and his money are easily parted". You are the perfect example. Thank you.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
05-03-2012, 11:23 PM
As another old saying goes: "He who laughs last laughs best."

We'll see who laughs best on November 6th! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
05-04-2012, 07:03 AM
This entire country will be sad no matter what. All the candidates up to this point suck. Because your sucky candidate wins in no way helps this country. Your guy has already proven he is willing to spend us into oblivion not get us out.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-04-2012, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As another old saying goes: "He who laughs last laughs best."

We'll see who laughs best on November 6th! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

As Mr. Krugman, the prize winning economist, stated last night on the Lawrence ODonnell program, Republicans have blocked every measure we should have taken to fully recover from the Bush recession.

Amazingly, he agrees, that at this time, investment should be the focus, not austerity, and not laying more public servants off, which only deepens a recession or depression, since the best route to paying off debts, is raising taxes on the filthy rich, and investing in jobs, that cannot be outsourced.

Additionally, he stated that it is the sort of spending which the Bush Administration was known for, wars without taxing to pay for them, trillion dollar drug program, not paid for, pay offs to the pharmaceutical industry, borrowing under the idiotic policy of, "The Deficits don't matter" which damaged our economy, and weakened its resiliency to respond to the Bush Administration economic disaster.

The countries which have followed the idiotic Republican policies, are having a double dip as we write.

We have to get rid of the Republican Majority, and then some, and keep the cool headed leadership of this President in place, if we are to ever recover from Bush et all!

G.

Qtec
05-04-2012, 09:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This entire country will be sad no matter what. All the candidates up to this point suck. Because your sucky candidate wins in no way helps this country. <u>Your guy has already proven he is willing to spend us into oblivion not get us out.</u> <span style="color: #000099"> Once again, TOTAL BS FROM YOU!</span>

eg8r </div></div>

Did you not see my post?

link (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=383517#Post383517)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MORGAN: I'm just saying the Republican administration obviously led to a huge financial collapse. You wouldn't dispute that.

GOLDBERG: I would and I would also say Barack Obama has spent much, much, much, much more money than the Republicans.

Q </div></div>

eg8r
05-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Obama is here to spend this country into ruin.

eg8r

LWW
05-05-2012, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is here to spend this country into ruin.

eg8r </div></div>

And the cabal is here to blindly cheer the apocalypse into being.

DiabloViejo
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Oooohhh! The "Cabal" is here, says our resident paranoid schizophrenic! Sounds scary!

Yes we democrats on this board are shadowy men and women of intrigue allied together in an evil super duper secret organization. Oh and did you know we steal candy from babies and kick puppies for the sheer joy of it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #3333FF">A cabal is a group of people united in some close design together, usually to promote their private views and/or interests in a church, state, or other community, often by intrigue. Cabals are sometimes secret societies composed of a few designing persons, and at other times are manifestations of emergent behavior in society or governance on the part of a community of persons who have well established public affiliation or kinship. The term can also be used to refer to the designs of such persons or to the practical consequences of their emergent behavior, and also holds a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy. The use of this term usually carries strong connotations of shadowy corners, back rooms and insidious influence; a cabal is more evil and selective than, say, a faction, which is simply selfish; because of this negative connotation, few organizations use the term to refer to themselves or their internal subdivisions. </span> wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabal)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/541693_10150619864985885_550735884_9246101_1633317 910_n.jpg

LWW
05-06-2012, 04:39 AM
Have you ever researched what the CU case was about?

Of course you haven't.

I crack myself up with such questions.

DiabloViejo
05-06-2012, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you ever researched what the CU case was about?

Of course you haven't.

I crack myself up with such questions. </div></div>

LOL! you crack yourself up alright! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Maybe it's time you:

http://www.jaimesoriano.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/crack_pipe.jpg