PDA

View Full Version : According to Q ...

LWW
05-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Obama should be in jail right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Guantanamo Bay prisoner has provided new details of torture under what he calls worsening conditions since President Obama’s election. Chadian national Mohammad al-Qaraani used his prison phone time intended for calling his lawyer to instead reach the Arabic satellite network Al Jazeera.

Mohammad al-Qaraani: "I refused to leave my cell, as they were not granting me my rights. I was only demanding my basic rights, like walking, meeting other inmates, and eating normal food. So a group of six soldiers wearing protective gear and helmets came to my cell. They were accompanied by a soldier carrying a camera and one with tear gas. They had a thick rubber or plastic baton. They beat me with it. They emptied out about two canisters of tear gas on me. After I stopped talking, and tears were flowing from my eyes, I could hardly see or breathe. They then beat me again to the ground. One of them held my head and beat it against the ground. I started screaming to his senior, 'See what he's doing! See what he’s doing!’ His senior started laughing and said, ’He’s doing his job.’ He broke one of my teeth."

Qaraani was interviewed by the Al Jazeera journalist Sami al-Hajj, who was imprisoned at Guantanamo for over six years. Qaraani repeated claims made by other Guantanamo prisoners and their attorneys that the abuse has worsened since President Obama’s election.

Mohammad al-Qaraani: "This treatment started about twenty days before Obama came into power. And since then, I’ve been subjected to the same treatment almost every day. Since Obama took charge, he has not shown us that anything will change."

Qaraani was ordered released in January after a judge ruled the Pentagon has failed to provide evidence to justify his imprisonment. He has been held at Guantanamo without charge since 2002. </div></div>

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://www.democracynow.org/2009/4/15/headlines)

LWW
05-03-2012, 06:22 AM
This man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INdpuNjSI-U&feature=youtube_gdata_player) Has been deemed as being totally credible in the past by our leftist brethren.

LWW
05-03-2012, 06:25 AM
According to REUTERS (http://www.worldcantwait.net/files/Torture_continues_6-14_a.pdf) US use of torture has increased under the Obama regime.

eg8r
05-03-2012, 07:18 AM
qtip and gaylio should be all over this. Oh the madness!!!

eg8r

LWW
05-03-2012, 08:09 AM
I can hear head exploding on both Atlantic coasts.

Qtec
05-03-2012, 08:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Checking Ron Paul and Barack Obama on torture

By Louis Jacobson

On Saturday, Nov. 12, 2011, in South Carolina at the Republican candidates' debate, the subject was foreign policy.

When the subject of waterboarding detainees came up, both Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., and former Godfather's Pizza executive Herman Cain said they favored allowing interrogators to use the practice of simulating drowning to elicit information from a detainee. Waterboarding was permitted under the George W. Bush administration, but the policy was rescinded soon after President Barack Obama took office.

Then moderator Major Garrett asked Paul for his opinion.

Paul responded that "torture is illegal by our laws. It's illegal by international laws."

Our reporting found multiple provisions that ban torture, both in U.S. and international law. We rated Paul's statement True.

<span style="color: #3333FF">In a related promise update, we gave President Barack Obama a Promise Kept for his campaign vow to "end the use torture without exception.</span>"</div></div>

link (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2011/nov/15/ron-paul-says-torture-illegal/)

Q.....

LWW
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
So Scahill is a liar when He speaks about Obama and torture ... and he is a paragon of truth when he speaks on Bush and torture?

Soflasnapper
05-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Those who supported the prior 'enhanced interrogation techniques' have no standing to complain about any of this, as what they recommended as justified went far beyond this. What they say should be done has been ended.

This is not torture in interrogation. Nor enhanced interrogation techniques in interrogation.

What this account and others do not allege is occurring is keeping prisoners naked, keeping them in stifling hot or freezing cold, putting them in stress positions or having them stand in the same place for 12 hours at a time, sexually degrading them, smearing their faces with menstrual fluid (real or simulated), threatening them while naked with dogs, having the dogs bite them, or enforcing keeping them awake for days at a time. No 'boarding' (slamming them into walls), no 'open handed' battery, no 'knee strikes' into thighs, no confinement in coffin-like enclosures with or without insects.

In fact, handling prisoners in domestic prisons who are combative and resist the prison protocol involves exactly such teams barging into the cell and manhandling the prisoner with brute force, pepper spraying them, handling them in riot gear, etc. You can see these precise actions on display on television in reality prison shows, likely most weeks.

Soflasnapper
05-04-2012, 11:10 AM
That said, Scahill's probably expressing in loose terms his revulsion for such 'torturous' treatment, which I share.

It shouldn't happen everyday in US prisons, either. But it does, and does not constitute torture, or even 'cruel or unusual treatment,' as the 8th amendment prohibits. Nonetheless, it would be better if this were eliminated or reduced to a very low incidence of occurrence.

JohnnyD
05-04-2012, 11:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama should be in jail right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Guantanamo Bay prisoner has provided new details of torture under what he calls worsening conditions since President Obama’s election. Chadian national Mohammad al-Qaraani used his prison phone time intended for calling his lawyer to instead reach the Arabic satellite network Al Jazeera.

Mohammad al-Qaraani: "I refused to leave my cell, as they were not granting me my rights. I was only demanding my basic rights, like walking, meeting other inmates, and eating normal food. So a group of six soldiers wearing protective gear and helmets came to my cell. They were accompanied by a soldier carrying a camera and one with tear gas. They had a thick rubber or plastic baton. They beat me with it. They emptied out about two canisters of tear gas on me. After I stopped talking, and tears were flowing from my eyes, I could hardly see or breathe. They then beat me again to the ground. One of them held my head and beat it against the ground. I started screaming to his senior, 'See what he's doing! See what he’s doing!’ His senior started laughing and said, ’He’s doing his job.’ He broke one of my teeth."

Qaraani was interviewed by the Al Jazeera journalist Sami al-Hajj, who was imprisoned at Guantanamo for over six years. Qaraani repeated claims made by other Guantanamo prisoners and their attorneys that the abuse has worsened since President Obama’s election.

Mohammad al-Qaraani: "This treatment started about twenty days before Obama came into power. And since then, I’ve been subjected to the same treatment almost every day. Since Obama took charge, he has not shown us that anything will change."

Qaraani was ordered released in January after a judge ruled the Pentagon has failed to provide evidence to justify his imprisonment. He has been held at Guantanamo without charge since 2002. </div></div>

JUMPING BUTTERBALLS! (http://www.democracynow.org/2009/4/15/headlines) </div></div>
Oh my!

DiabloViejo
05-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Oh look kids, it's another of LWW's multiple personalities! I knew he couldn't keep them all bottled up for too long! Ain't that right JohnnyD, LWW, Secaucus Fatty, etc... BTW JohnnyD...Jesus loves you, even if you are a pathetic creation from the twisted psyche of a mentally ill right wing troglodyte.

Oh, and Buddha loves you too!

http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/1993-09-18.gif

LWW
05-05-2012, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/cartoons/1993-09-18.gif </div></div>

Does Buddha love it when someone tries to steal copyrighted material?