PDA

View Full Version : Explaining The Tea Party To My Son

DiabloViejo
05-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Explaining The Tea Party To My Son
Hub Pages (http://jeff61b.hubpages.com/hub/Explaining-The-Tea-Party-To-My-Son)

My son asked me a question the other day: “Hey dad, what’s the Tea Party? I mean what do they want, what do they believe in?”

I said, “That’s easy. The Tea Party believes in lower taxes and balancing the budget. They formed right after Obama was elected. They started holding Tea Party rallies protesting tax increases immediately after his inauguration.”

“So what tax increases were they protesting?”

“Well, the first thing Obama did as president was create a stimulus package to bring the country out of the recession. That included hundreds of billions of dollars in tax cuts for families and small businesses. This lowered taxes for 95% of Americans.”

“Lowered taxes? Don’t you mean he raised taxes?”

“No, the tax cuts from the stimulus package, cut income taxes for most Americans lower than they had been in over 60 years.”

“But if the Tea Party was protesting tax increases, who’s taxes were going up?”

“Well, as it turns out, nobody’s. After the Obama tax cuts, most protesters were paying less in Federal income taxes than they had ever paid in their lives. But polls showed that 98% of Tea Partiers wrongly believed their taxes had gone up.“

“Then what were they protesting?”

“Well for one thing, our country has about 12 trillion dollars in debt and most people don’t feel we can keep going deeper into debt.”

“Wow, Obama ran up TWELVE TRILLIONS DOLLARS in debt?”

“Yes. Well, maybe not ALL of it. Actually just a small part of it. The first $5 trillion took about 225 years to accumulate. The next $5 trillion in debt was from the 8 years George W. Bush was in office. Under Obama the annual deficit remained over a trillion dollars just like the last year of Bush’s presidency.“

“So the Tea Partiers must have really protested a lot against George W. Bush then, right?”

“Not exactly. They believed that deficits didn’t matter when Bush was president.“

“So why is the deficit so high now?”

“Well, there are several reasons. First, president Bush had cut taxes for rich people to stimulate job growth. But that added about $400 billion to the deficit every year and didn’t create many jobs. He also started two wars which added another $150 billion or so in debt each year. Then during the last year of Bush’s presidency we had the worst recession in over 70 years and millions of people lost their jobs, so there are no income taxes coming in from those people. And finally, Obama and Congress spent several hundred billion, spread out over several years, to bail out certain industries like car manufacturers to put people back to work and stimulate the economy.”

“Wow, Obama really is spending recklessly isn’t he? So what does the Tea Party think we should do to balance the budget and stimulate the economy?”

“It’s simple. They want us to cut taxes for the rich.”

“But Dad, if there’s less money coming in from the wealthiest people, then the budget deficit will get bigger, not smaller.”

“Well it’s complicated. You see, if the rich pay less taxes, they’ll use that extra money to hire more people and it will stimulate the economy.”

“But I thought taxes were already at the lowest they’ve been in sixty years. If the rich aren’t already using that extra savings to hire people, why would more tax cuts cause them to start hiring now?”

“Well, you’re a little too young to understand. I mean, it’s complicated.”

“OK, so here’s I what I understand so far. You told me the Tea Party was created before Obama became president to protest tax increases that hadn’t happened. Yet after he cut most people’s taxes to the lowest they had been in over 60 years, the Tea Party held rallies all over the country protesting non-existent tax increases. And they complained about the economic stimulus adding to the national debt even though they had said deficits didn’t matter when Bush was adding more debt than all other presidents combined. And now they want to cut taxes for rich people again even though it increased the deficit under Bush and didn’t create jobs.”

“Well, when you put it like that you make it sound kind of silly. Like I said, its complicated.”

http://thatsoundsneat.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/tea-party.jpg

JohnnyD
05-05-2012, 12:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Explaining The Tea Party To My Son

My son asked me a question the other day: “Hey dad, what’s the Tea Party? I mean what do they want, what do they believe in?”

I said, “That’s easy. The Tea Party believes in lower taxes and balancing the budget. They formed right after Obama was elected. They started holding Tea Party rallies protesting tax increases immediately after his inauguration.”

“Well, the first thing Obama did as president was create a stimulus package to bring the country out of the recession. That included hundreds of billions of dollars in tax cuts for families and small businesses. This lowered taxes for 95% of Americans.”

“No, the tax cuts from the stimulus package, cut income taxes for most Americans lower than they had been in over 60 years.”

“Well, as it turns out, nobody’s. After the Obama tax cuts, most protesters were paying less in Federal income taxes than they had ever paid in their lives. But polls showed that 98% of Tea Partiers wrongly believed their taxes had gone up.“

“Well for one thing, our country has about 12 trillion dollars in debt and most people don’t feel we can keep going deeper into debt.”

“Yes. Well, maybe not ALL of it. Actually just a small part of it. The first $5 trillion took about 225 years to accumulate. The next $5 trillion in debt was from the 8 years George W. Bush was in office. Under Obama the annual deficit remained over a trillion dollars just like the last year of Bush’s presidency.“

“So the Tea Partiers must have really protested a lot against George W. Bush then, right?”

“Not exactly. They believed that deficits didn’t matter when Bush was president.“

“Well, there are several reasons. First, president Bush had cut taxes for rich people to stimulate job growth. But that added about $400 billion to the deficit every year and didn’t create many jobs. He also started two wars which added another $150 billion or so in debt each year. Then during the last year of Bush’s presidency we had the worst recession in over 70 years and millions of people lost their jobs, so there are no income taxes coming in from those people. And finally, Obama and Congress spent several hundred billion, spread out over several years, to bail out certain industries like car manufacturers to put people back to work and stimulate the economy.”

“Wow, Obama really is spending recklessly isn’t he? So what does the Tea Party think we should do to balance the budget and stimulate the economy?”

“But Dad, if there’s less money coming in from the wealthiest people, then the budget deficit will get bigger, not smaller.”

“Well it’s complicated. You see, if the rich pay less taxes, they’ll use that extra money to hire more people and it will stimulate the economy.”

“But I thought taxes were already at the lowest they’ve been in sixty years. If the rich aren’t already using that extra savings to hire people, why would more tax cuts cause them to start hiring now?”

“OK, so here’s I what I understand so far. You told me the Tea Party was created before Obama became president to protest tax increases that hadn’t happened. Yet after he cut most people’s taxes to the lowest they had been in over 60 years, the Tea Party held rallies all over the country protesting non-existent tax increases. And they complained about the economic stimulus adding to the national debt even though they had said deficits didn’t matter when Bush was adding more debt than all other presidents combined. And now they want to cut taxes for rich people again even though it increased the deficit under Bush and didn’t create jobs.”

“Well, when you put it like that you make it sound kind of silly. Like I said, its complicated.”

http://thatsoundsneat.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/tea-party.jpg </div></div>
But why Dr.Diablo Viejo would you want to lie to your own flesh and blood?The young man is at such an innocent age.There were many statements in your writing that was off the truth.
The truth,Doctor Diablo is the truth.We cannot change the truth.The truth is what it is and it is the truth.The truth will set you free.Do not run and shun the truth.The truth will make you whole as a person so you can go on and become even more successful than you are now.
Dr.Diablo Viejo we have the truth in Jesus.Believe in Jesus and you will be able to accept the truth.
A prayer minute will be in your honor at our chuch this weekend.Prayer is very powerful Doctor and it will be said in honor of you so that you will be in a more tranquil state and be in better harmony with your surroundings.
Jesus loves Dr.Diablo Viejo.
Sincerly your friend in Christ.
JohnnyD.

DiabloViejo
05-05-2012, 12:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]
But why Dr.Diablo Viejo would you want to lie to your own flesh and blood?The young man is at such an innocent age.There were many statements in your writing that was off the truth.
The truth,Doctor Diablo is the truth.We cannot change the truth.The truth is what it is and it is the truth.The truth will set you free.Do not run and shun the truth.The truth will make you whole as a person so you can go on and become even more successful than you are now.
Dr.Diablo Viejo we have the truth in Jesus.Believe in Jesus and you will be able to accept the truth.
A prayer minute will be in your honor at our chuch this weekend.Prayer is very powerful Doctor and it will be said in honor of you so that you will be in a more tranquil state and be in better harmony with your surroundings.
JohnnyD. </div></div>

LMMAO! I see you haven't been to the psychiatrist lately LWW, aka JohnnyD, aka Secaucus Fatty. Why do you resist getting help to silence all the demons in your brain?

BTW, Buddha love you too even if he thinks you're an a-hole! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

2 Thessalonians 2
King James Version (KJV)
2-12

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002414041/4137920233_truth_will_make_you_free_answer_1_xlarg e.jpeg

Sev
05-05-2012, 06:08 AM
Wow.
Another one that believes Johnny is LWW.
HAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!
Toooooo funny.

llotter
05-05-2012, 07:02 AM
As an enthusiastic Tea Party supporter myself, the explanation proffered does not represent our views at all. Of course, it is meant to demean any opposition rather than engage in honest debate. When your policies lead to a bigger federal government, against the wishes of the large majority of the citizens, it is logical to misrepresent that opposition but it is also deceitful and tyrannical and stupid.

LWW
05-05-2012, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow.
HAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!
Toooooo funny. </div></div>

He is a leftist, so he believes whatever his masters tell him his opinion is.

LWW
05-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Excellent post JohnnyD.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2012, 08:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Explaining The Tea Party To My Son

http://thatsoundsneat.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/tea-party.jpg </div></div>

Next time he asks, just tell him what Andrew Sullivan said;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In some ways, this is an almost perfect illustration of what has happened to the "right." A refusal to acknowledge scientific reality; and a brutalist style of public propaganda that focuses entirely on guilt by the most extreme association. </div></div>

That covers it perfectly!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

llotter
05-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Andy has a grudge against the Party that doesn't support the gay agenda strongly enough. I think his partner feels the same way.

Gayle in MD
05-06-2012, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Andy has a grudge against the Party that doesn't support the gay agenda strongly enough. I think his partner feels the same way. </div></div>

He certainly should oppose Republicans, they are the Party of homophobia, (As both you and Romney prove) and the party of misogyny, sexism, racism and now they have added class warfare, legislating to keep the poor from voting at all.

Read the scientific studies about why Republilcans are so full of hate and denial.

The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science--and Reality

Bestselling author Chris Mooney uses cutting-edge research to explain the psychology behind why today’s Republicans reject reality—it's just part of who they are.
From climate change to evolution, the rejection of mainstream science among Republicans is growing, as is the denial of expert consensus on the economy, American history, foreign policy and much more. Why won't Republicans accept things that most experts agree on? Why are they constantly fighting against the facts?

Science writer Chris Mooney explores brain scans, polls, and psychology experiments to explain why conservatives today believe more wrong things; appear more likely than Democrats to oppose new ideas and less likely to change their beliefs in the face of new facts; and sometimes respond to compelling evidence by doubling down on their current beliefs.

Goes beyond the standard claims about ignorance or corporate malfeasance to discover the real, scientific reasons why Republicans reject the widely accepted findings of mainstream science, economics, and history—as well as many undeniable policy facts (e.g., there were no “death panels” in the health care bill).
Explains that the political parties reflect personality traits and psychological needs—with Republicans more wedded to certainty, Democrats to novelty—and this is the root of our divide over reality.
Written by the author of The Republican War on Science, which was the first and still the most influential book to look at conservative rejection of scientific evidence. But the rejection of science is just the beginning…
Certain to spark discussion and debate, The Republican Brain also promises to add to the lengthy list of persuasive scientific findings that Republicans reject and deny.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118094...ASIN=1118094514 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118094514/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=chriscmooneyc-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=1118094514)

JohnnyD
05-06-2012, 11:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>
JohnnyD. </div></div>

LMMAO! I see you haven't been to the psychiatrist lately LWW, aka JohnnyD, aka Secaucus Fatty. Why do you resist getting help to silence all the demons in your brain?

BTW, Buddha love you too even if he thinks you're an a-hole! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

2 Thessalonians 2
King James Version (KJV)
2-12

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002414041/4137920233_truth_will_make_you_free_answer_1_xlarg e.jpeg
[/quote]The Doctor has spoken.long live th Doctor.
El Toro Poo Poo!

JohnnyD
05-06-2012, 11:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent post JohnnyD. </div></div>
Thank you professor.
Jesus loves you.

JohnnyD
05-06-2012, 11:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow.
HAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!
Toooooo funny. </div></div>
Some crazy bipolar people out there for sure.Pastor says to pray for them.