PDA

View Full Version : The definition of hypocracy.

Qtec
05-06-2012, 06:32 AM
..thy name is the catholic Church.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The embattled Irish Catholic primate, Seán Brady, has faced further calls for his resignation from Ireland's foreign minister and the editor of the influential Irish Catholic newspaper over a child abuse row.

Cardinal Brady is resisting demands that he step down after allegations in a television programme this week that <span style='font-size: 23pt'>he failed to inform parents and police about a list of children who were being sexually abused by one of Ireland's most notorious paedophile priests.</span>

The leader of Ireland's Catholics has refused to accept he should resign his position despite the scandal over a 1975 deal between a young boy abused by Father Brendan Smyth and the church which ensured the young victim's silence for decades. The BBC investigation alleged that the victim gave Brady, who was a note-taker at the meeting where the deal was made, a list of names and addresses of children he said Smyth was abusing. However, according to the BBC programme, Brady, who was then a priest, did not inform the children's parents or the police.

Eamon Gilmore, who is Ireland's deputy prime minister as well as the foreign minister, intensified the pressure on Brady to resign, joining Garry O'Sullivan, editor of the Irish Catholic as well as Martin McGuinness, Northern Ireland's deputy first minister, in calling for him to step down.

"I've always believed in the separation of church and state," Gilmore said. "I think it is the job of government and of the state to enact our laws and to ensure that those laws apply to everybody whether they belong to a church or not.

"But it is my own personal view that anybody who did not deal with the scale of the abuse that we have seen in this case should not hold a position of authority." </div></div>

In short, this Priest allowed a know serial abuser of children to continue with his vile deeds for another 20 years!!!!!!!!

....and now they declare their biggest fights to be contraception and abortion!

Q

Gayle in MD
05-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Absolutely disgusting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I've always believed in the separation of church and state," Gilmore said. "I think it is the job of government and of the state to enact our laws and to ensure that those laws apply to everybody whether they belong to a church or not.

"But it is my own personal view that anybody who did not deal with the scale of the abuse that we have seen in this case should not hold a position of authority."

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In short, this Priest allowed a know serial abuser of children to continue with his vile deeds for another 20 years!!!!!!!!

....and now they declare their biggest fights to be contraception and abortion!

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">contraception and abortion!

</div></div>

Both personal, private issues, which the church has no right to address legislatively, or from the pulpit, publically and politically, if they expect to maintain their tax exempt status.

How do people justify giving this organization any of their money? I know, I know, people will say...'but the church does many honorable things for people'

...IMO, nothing wipes away their failure to do the RIGHT thing to protect those children. That failure supercedes any good they ever do or did, IMO.

G.