PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Open, the people

Kato
10-01-2002, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to drop some stuff in here, a few reflections.

Brady. What a guy, shoot, Voodoo and I had lunch with him 20 minutes after we showed up in Virginia. Very helpful, full of hospitality.

Lorri, Holly, and Wendy. These girls we spent alot of time with, especially Lorri who made sure I got a little hammered so she could pound on me playing 9 ball. They are a ton of fun though and I look forward to our future meetings and matchups.

Mike M and Wes. 2 nicer people have never been met before. These 2 guys are terrific people. Mike let me hit some balls with his cues as desired and the laughs just keep coming.

Eric and Carolyn (sure honey if I butchered your name there)I'm not sure I can laugh harder. You guys are a blast, and Carolyn is a heck of a looker.

Had a blast hitting balls and hanging a little with Cuemage Tony. Rich R and Kathy are 2 very nice people. Tom Cincy had me in his rooms pouring drinks 5 minutes after I met him.

Voodoo took great care of me for 7 days and for that big man, thank you. You are a supreme friend.

Kato~~~If I missed you up top I'm sorry. You were all terrific.

rackmup
10-01-2002, 01:35 PM
After chatting with Kato on the phone, reading the posts here and watching the PPV...

...I'm definitely not going to miss next year!

Life is too short to limit the number of friends a person can have and it sounds to me like the US Open is a great place to add a few to the list.

Regards,

Ken

Tom_In_Cincy
10-01-2002, 01:40 PM
If this continues to get better (the US Open and CCB tournaments and gathering) in 2003, half of NY and all of Texas will be converging on VA..

We'll end up renting out the Convention Center for both events...

Kato
10-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah, throw Amanda and Vicki in the mix. Super nice people. Just remember Amanda, you're too strong, you get no spot from me.

Kato

Kato
10-01-2002, 01:52 PM
I must digress. Meeting Steve Lipsky was also a treat. I sweated his matches and hot dog does that boy play some pool. Steve, I really hope I run into you again in the future. One hell of a guy, one hell of a player. Steve, thanks for the memories.

Kato

WesK
10-01-2002, 02:04 PM
...Now posting a reply...

San-dar... Tot!

Cuemage
10-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Now one of us just needs to hit tha lotto & open a poolroom.
CCBer's would play for free of course...

Tha Cuemage

cheesemouse
10-01-2002, 09:56 PM
I was told in the beginning not to use an open bridge, that it wasn't steady enough for good consistant pool play.

Lester
10-02-2002, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>
Kato~~~If I missed you up top I'm sorry. You were all terrific. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Kato, thank you for not making fun of my socks. lol BTW what's the story on all the pictures that were taken? Where will they go up at? (So I know where to check everyday) ***Lester***

Doctor_D
10-02-2002, 06:20 AM
Good morning:

Having read the multitude of posts, coupled with the conversations I have shared with those who attended the US Open, this event is a "must" attend for me next year!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

10-02-2002, 08:07 AM
To Kato and everyone else I met in Virginia:

It was great finally getting to put faces to the names. Every person I met from the CCB was so nice and full of laughs... MikeM, Tom_in_Cincy, Kato, Lorri, Cueball1950(we've met before a bunch of times, but it was cool getting to spend more time with you), Mike at AZ, Voodoo Daddy, and maybe more that I'm forgetting at this moment.

I've been wanting to make a "Reflections on the US Open" post for a few days now, but work has been crazy.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know how happy I was to meet you!

- Steve

Rich R.
10-02-2002, 10:18 AM
Sorry I missed meeting you Steve. I watched a couple of your matches, but never was able to track you down when you weren't playing. Next time I'll just interupt the match and say hi. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.~~~Steve plays very good pool.

WesK
10-02-2002, 11:36 AM
...so, did MikeM tell you about my "master plan"?

Holly
10-02-2002, 11:47 AM
Wednesday after the open...

ok guys...channeling the rabbit : )

I want to say how happy I was to meet everyone that I may not have met before and it was also so wonderful to run into some older friends that I do not get the chance to spend near as much time as I would like and made several new ones as well.

entry fee into CCB tourney $20
hotel room cost for one week $600
amount floating around in Sweater's pockets at Q-Masters (God only knows)
Meeting you all....Priceless

Hol

Cuemage
10-02-2002, 04:58 PM
No Wes...wat is it?

Tha Cuemage