PDA

View Full Version : Rimac quells Concept_One

eg8r
05-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Now this is something to be excited about. Only Romney can afford the darn thing so maybe he buy one and show it off at the next debate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

High speed EV (http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/07/rimac-concept-one-ev-shown-at-speed/#continued)

eg8r

Soflasnapper
05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
That's a bad boy, indeed!

Have to think the Tesla sportster is a better buy at $125,000 new (and now you can only get them used). It also has stunning performance, as electric cars have all their torque instantaneously, no power curve.

eg8r
05-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Much better price but I don't think the performance specs are there. While at the Apple campus last week I had an opportunity to get my first close up of a Tesla. It was funny to see it sitting right outside the main building all plugged in.

What I dont' think I would enjoy is having to plug these things in all the darn time.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
It may not be quite the performer as the Rimac is, but it's still a very high end performer still.

And for the difference of nearly $800k in price, somehow I think a 3 or 4 second 0-60 mph is not so much worse than the 2.8 seconds or whatever this one has. Either one will bulge out your eyes under that g force.

eg8r
05-08-2012, 05:34 PM
It would be awesome to feel that kind of power. In June I am going on a 150 mile ride in a Porsche GT3 and I cannot wait. All open roads in a Porsche. Hopefully I get to drive some. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Soflasnapper
05-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I've been fortunate to have driven the older Bentley Continental II GT and the newer one (not the very newest), and punched the accelerator while doing over 100 mph. The 500 and 550 hp, respectively, turbocharged 10 cylinder engines shot the car forward, and myself back deep into the (hand-crafted!) leather seats. Somewhat scarey, but magnificent (and I didn't get a speeding citation!).

I can't imagine much more than that, except these electric cars are lighter, and this one has maybe twice the horsepower equivalent in its power plant. (Holy smokes!) I think they say the Bentleys do about 185 mph off the show room. I didn't do the conversion on the km/hr they state for this one.

eg8r
05-18-2012, 12:57 AM
I will let you know what it is like in the GT3. I have been told though that most of the roads are not nice enough to really get on the pedal.

eg8r