PDA

View Full Version : OK, Obama Is Gonna Win

Sid_Vicious
05-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Seems to me that this destructive, "Just say NO" republican bullshit mentality MUST end, for he betterment of the entire economy for all Americans, and not just the greedy wealthy. Unless the man vanishes...Obama is in for 4 more years. Let's all do what I did after Bush was finally announced as a winner in 2000...back him entirely and get past the partisan BS. People, we are only hurting ourselves by doing differently. Think seriously about that statement.

Bush failed like no other president has, but I still went nuts-out for the guy after he got the nod. Can't you rights do the same? Obama is winning.

Be part of the solutuion. sid

cushioncrawler
05-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Obama will win. But theusofa iz going down all the same.
mac.

eg8r
05-07-2012, 07:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is in for 4 more years. Let's all do what I did after Bush was finally announced as a winner in 2000...back him entirely and get past the partisan BS. People, we are only hurting ourselves by doing differently. Think seriously about that statement.
</div></div>That is the biggest load of BS I have ever read. You are going to sit there and lie about fully backing Bush?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-07-2012, 08:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama will win. But theusofa iz going down all the same.
mac. </div></div>

Never underestimate Americans my friend.

We don't give up! We've survived rough times in the past, and we'll survive this, too.

We Dems are FIRED UP! We are going to take our country FORWARD! That's what Dems do!

G.

Soflasnapper
05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
It's far from certain, in my view.

And the GOP will not cease their obstruction and destruction, until blunt force is applied from even more major rejection by the electorate, as occurred to no lasting effect in '06 and '08.

They may very well feel vindicated by the '10 vote, and they've done everything but moderate their message or candidates-- more the opposite.

But it is highly destructive, so much so that the GOP-nominated Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Roberts, has called out an emergency on the federal bench and urged everyone (meaning esp. the GOP) to move some nominees and fill the vacancies. What vacancies? The ones that are up 43% since Obama took office, because the GOP will not allow even nominees they support to come before the Senate for hearings and/or a vote, up or down.

Gayle in MD
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's far from certain, in my view.

And the GOP will not cease their obstruction and destruction, until blunt force is applied from even more major rejection by the electorate, as occurred to no lasting effect in '06 and '08.

They may very well feel vindicated by the '10 vote, and they've done everything but moderate their message or candidates-- more the opposite.

But it is highly destructive, so much so that the GOP-nominated Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Roberts, has called out an emergency on the federal bench and urged everyone (meaning esp. the GOP) to move some nominees and fill the vacancies. What vacancies? The ones that are up 43% since Obama took office, because the GOP will not allow even nominees they support to come before the Senate for hearings and/or a vote, up or down.

</div></div>

Unprecedented Obstructionism! Their disgraceful behavior proves that Republicans do not care about the country, but rather only about gaining more money and power.

Truly disgusting.

G.

cushioncrawler
05-08-2012, 06:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama will win. But theusofa iz going down all the same. mac.</div></div>Never underestimate Americans my friend. We don't give up! We've survived rough times in the past, and we'll survive this, too. We Dems are FIRED UP! We are going to take our country FORWARD! That's what Dems do! G.</div></div>Hmmmmm -- never underestimate Wall Street, they dont give up. And the GOP are FIRED UP, and are going to stop theusofa from going FORWARD, that's what the GOP do.
mac.

Sid_Vicious
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I lean toward the negative side as well Gayle. Our so-called democratic system is broken. Used to be decent checks and balances but now it is not a country owned "by the people" anymore. We are bought and paid for, and until the popular vote overrides the electoral college...it is silly to vote at all.

The USA is doomed with the system as it is in place today. The GOP is easily imploding our economy, cuz that is the piss poor system we have in place, and they use it! Sorry, but I have to be a pessimist too. sid

Gayle in MD
05-09-2012, 12:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama will win. But theusofa iz going down all the same. mac.</div></div>Never underestimate Americans my friend. We don't give up! We've survived rough times in the past, and we'll survive this, too. We Dems are FIRED UP! We are going to take our country FORWARD! That's what Dems do! G.</div></div>Hmmmmm -- never underestimate Wall Street, they dont give up. And the GOP are FIRED UP, and are going to stop theusofa from going FORWARD, that's what the GOP do.
mac. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the GOP are FIRED UP, and are going to stop theusofa from going FORWARD, that's what the GOP do.
</div></div>

That's the truth, friend! AND that's why we have to do everything we can do to stop them.

Here's how I look at that. Guess what..... I'm fired up too, and so are my Democratic friends. In fact, I think we are more fired up now than ever before.

As for Wall St., there are people all over the world that are fired up about fighting against those crooks. There are more of us than there are of them.

I think it is easier to deal with the reality of the corruption we see, when we are working to change it.

Like our friend Diablo says, there is no class warfare if you're not fighting. I'm up for the fight.

G.

Gayle in MD
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I lean toward the negative side as well Gayle. Our so-called democratic system is broken. Used to be decent checks and balances but now it is not a country owned "by the people" anymore. We are bought and paid for, and until the popular vote overrides the electoral college...it is silly to vote at all.

The USA is doomed with the system as it is in place today. The GOP is easily imploding our economy, cuz that is the piss poor system we have in place, and they use it! Sorry, but I have to be a pessimist too. sid </div></div>

While I might agree with most of what you're saying, friend....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are bought and paid for, and until the popular vote overrides the electoral college...it is silly to vote at all.

</div></div>

IMO, my vote is the greatest act of patriotism I have. Every vote counts. When people think their votes don't count, that is the very attitude which creates the reality of votes not counting.

I always think of that young man in Tiananman Square, and what it would have meant to him to be able to vote for how he wished his country to be.

If ever there was a time when we must vote, it's now!!!

Just imagine Mitt Romney appointing the next few appointees to the Supreme Court!

OMG! Vote!

G.

LWW
05-09-2012, 04:33 AM
We were ever founded as a democracy ... in fact most of our problems exist because we have slowly devolved towards democracy.

Mob rule is never good.

eg8r
05-09-2012, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but now it is not a country owned "by the people" anymore. We are bought and paid for, and until the popular vote overrides the electoral college...it is silly to vote at all. </div></div>If we are to believe gayle and qtip then Obama's election is absolute proof that this country is owned "by the people".

eg8r

Qtec
05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but now it is not a country owned "by the people" anymore. We are bought and paid for, and until the popular vote overrides the electoral college...it is silly to vote at all. </div></div>If we are to believe gayle and qtip then Obama's election is absolute proof that <span style='font-size: 26pt'>this country is owned "by the people". </span>

eg8r </div></div>

Who do you think should own it?

Q

eg8r
05-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Sorry dillhole but you did not read the thread did you. What a schmuck you are. Sid is the one in disagreement with you.

eg8r