PDA

View Full Version : Former MI Gov. Blasts Romney

Qtec
05-10-2012, 03:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Former MI Gov. Blasts Romney Who ‘Knifed Us In The Back’ For Taking Auto Rescue Credit

Former Massachusetts Governor and presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney touched off a firestorm of derision when he said he would “take a lot of credit” for the rescue of the auto industry, which he famously opposed. While much of the reaction has been a mixture of amazement and amusement, former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, who was in office when Romney said “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt,” was decidedly not amused. On Tuesday night’s episode of Current TV’s The War Room, Granholm let Romney have it with both barrels.

“There are politics, there are lies, and then there’s you,” Gov. Granholm began. “You take it to a whole ‘nother level. OK, I admit that I have a particular animus toward you, as a guy that knifed us in the back when Michigan was on its knees, but you simply cannot be our president. It cannot happen.”

She went on to chastise Romney for abandoning the people in the auto industry of his home state, ” where your father and so many of your family members had worked,” and instead, “raised your finger into the air, saw which way the wind was blowing, and followed it.”

Her advice to Romney? “Just. Stop. Talking. Just stop.”

Romney’s “case” for taking credit relies on the fact that he wanted a managed bankruptcy, and that’s what ended up happening, but he absolutely opposed federal money being used to fund that bankruptcy, while everyone agrees there was no private investment available. Not even from Bain Capital, the firm that Romney once ran, and which still pays him millions a year. It would be like Gil Scott-Heron taking credit for the Apollo 11 mission just because he wrote a poem called “Whitey On The Moon.” </div></div> OUCH! (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/former-mi-gov-blasts-romney-who-knifed-us-in-the-back-for-taking-auto-rescue-credit/)

Q

Qtec
05-10-2012, 04:38 AM
Obama nails Mitt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=61HbcIpKL7E)

Q

nAz
05-10-2012, 04:46 AM
i wonder how foxnews is covering this story... the comments must be funny as hell

Gayle in MD
05-10-2012, 04:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Her advice to Romney? “Just. Stop. Talking. Just stop.”

</div></div>

I can't agree on her suggestion for Mitsey.

We need him to keep on running his mouth!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec
05-10-2012, 05:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My view with regards to the bailout was that whether it was by President Bush or by President Obama, it was the wrong way to go. I said from the very beginning they should go through a managed bankruptcy process, <u>a private bankruptcy process</u>.

We have capital markets and bankruptcy, it works in the U.S. The idea of billions of dollars being wasted initially then finally they adopted the managed bankruptcy, I was among others that said we ought to do that.

And then after that, they gave the company to the UAW. They gave General Motors to the UAW and they gave Chrysler to Fiat. My plan, we would have had a <u>private sector bailout</u> with the <u>private sector</u> restructuring and bankruptcy with the <u>private sector </u>guiding the direction as opposed to what we had with government playing its heavy hand. </div></div>

The reason these companies -and many more companies- were in trouble was because the private sector wouldn't loan them any more money!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Mitt Romney says auto bailout should have come from the private sector. But Bain refused to invest.</span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps if Romney were facing a field of idiots (like the GOP's 2012ers), such a stunt would work. But Romney isn't facing an idiot. And instead of convincing the country that he's the guy who saved the auto industry, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Romney's words are going to convince the country that he's the guy who is willing to lie about anything to active his personal ambitions. And that's not something Americans want in a president. </span></div></div>

Q.... all you need to know about Mitt's blatant lying. (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/08/1089675/-Mitt-Romney-wants-a-round-of-applause-for-saving-the-auto-industry)

Gayle in MD
05-10-2012, 11:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wonder how foxnews is covering this story... the comments must be funny as hell </div></div>

Shep is fine with it. Praises the president for being in the 21st century:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09...ref=mostpopular (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/09/shep-smith-obama-21st-century-gay-marriage_n_1503849.html?ref=mostpopular)

There are loads of Gay folks in the news media.

Romney OTOH, is known for bullying Gays when he was a student.

G.

LWW
05-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Romney was right the first time.

GM isa ne'er Ning union subsidy at taxpayer expense ... In exchange for union dues flowing back to the demokrook coffers.

IOW it is state corruption and thuggery made into science.

Qtec
05-13-2012, 07:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wonder how foxnews is covering this story... the comments must be funny as hell </div></div>

My guess is they are not. Now that Mitt is the GOP candidate, they have ceased their criticism and are now punting for him.

Mitt lies every time he opens his mouth but don't expect the RW press to mention it, never mind call him on his lies. Maddow does though..... link..this is part #12! (http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/06/11058547-chronicling-mitts-mendacity-vol-xii)

eg,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">11. Rolling out his new stump speech this week, Romney claimed, "Barack Obama presided over the first trillion-dollar deficit in American history."

That's incredibly dishonest. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The deficit Bush left for Obama to clean up was $1.3 trillion on the day Obama was inaugurated. </span></div></div>

Q

Qtec
05-13-2012, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney was right the first time.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>GM isa ne'er Ning union subsidy at taxpayer expense</span> . </div></div>

LOL

Had a few?

Q.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ..my new sig...LOL