PDA

View Full Version : Mother of Murdered Gay Son Calls Mitts Act Torment

Gayle in MD
05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Judy Shepard, whose son was murdered for being gay, blasted Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney for allegedly harassing prep school classmates he judged to be too effeminate.

“While this may seem like an innocent prank to some, it was an act of torment against a child for being different,” Shepard said. Her son Matthew was kidnapped and brutally murdered in 1998. “We expect the people we elect to be leaders in the charge against bullying so that all students are afforded the right to learn and grow in an environment free of fear. This incident calls into question whether Mitt Romney can be an advocate for the nation’s most vulnerable children.”

A Washington Post article published on Thursday described how Romney and his friends pinned down a fellow classmate, John Lauber, and cut his hair with scissors. Romney had complained that it was “wrong” for the boy, who was often teased and accused of being gay, to have such long hair.

Responding to the story, Romney said at the time he had “no idea what that individual’s sexual orientation might be.”

“I don’t recall the incident myself but I’ve seen the reports and not going argue with that,” he told Fox News host Neil Cavuto. “There’s no question that I did some stupid things in high school and, obviously, if I hurt anyone by virtue of that I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it.”

According to the Washington Post, Romney also used to shout “atta girl!” at a classmate who was a closeted homosexual. Romney said he had no recollection of the event.

News of Romney’s prep school pranks came just one day after President Barack Obama endorsed same sex marriage.

“We cannot look past this incident now that Romney is the presumptive Republican nominee for president,” said Human Rights Campaign President Joe Solmonese. “Mitt Romney’s unwillingness to understand or acknowledge the gravity of his actions and sincerely apologize is a troubling suggestion of a lack of character.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/10/mo...act-of-torment/ (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/10/mother-of-murdered-gay-son-romneys-prank-was-an-act-of-torment/)

<span style="color: #CC0000"> As Mitt Romney continues to giggle over what was clearly assault and Homophobic torment, and he and his wife continue to giggle over what was clearly animal abuse, no apologies, we are given context from the mother of a murdered young Gay youth.

The many publilc service announcements, designed to give hope to our Gay children, Transgender, Lesbian, the message is, "It Gets Better" IOW, don't kill yourself because others are evil, begs the question, is this what Jesus wants? Torment? Or Love Thy neighbor, as thyself.

G. </span>

Sid_Vicious
05-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Good post Gayle. I am a hetro sexual and I am also a child of God, whatever God you make Him personally to be in your own thoughts. Mitt Romney is pure poison to all that is good for our religion in America. He ain't a real Christian, just ask him if he's been baptised in water. All these things are core things which his "right Christian base voters" are sucking up to with blinders on.

I am happy this news came here today. Please bring us more news Gayle as you get it. This idol-believer Romney(Mormonism), the bullying of gays, the pet abusing AHole-MF, needs to be hounded. I just wish we could drag Bush back up for treason. Pisses me off my tax dollars pay for his protection for life, while he should have had the same fate as Saddam Hussein. Treasonist bastard! Bush is evil, very evil. martin

Qtec
05-12-2012, 02:01 AM
If Mitt had any guts or sense of decency he should just come clean.
He should just say I regret what I did, what I did was wrong and I'm a different person now.

We have all done things we wish we could take back, Mitt admitting he is the same would only make him more human!

Q........Max Headromm....see the similarity? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif a must watch......classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIJ44x6RykI&feature=related)

Qtec
05-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Is it not Mitt?

Q LOL

LWW
05-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Have you no shame?

Gayle in MD
05-12-2012, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post Gayle. I am a hetro sexual and I am also a child of God, whatever God you make Him personally to be in your own thoughts. Mitt Romney is pure poison to all that is good for our religion in America. He ain't a real Christian, just ask him if he's been baptised in water. All these things are core things which his "right Christian base voters" are sucking up to with blinders on.

I am happy this news came here today. Please bring us more news Gayle as you get it. This idol-believer Romney(Mormonism), the bullying of gays, the pet abusing AHole-MF, needs to be hounded. I just wish we could drag Bush back up for treason. Pisses me off my tax dollars pay for his protection for life, while he should have had the same fate as Saddam Hussein. Treasonist bastard! Bush is evil, very evil. martin </div></div>

Thanks martin,
In my opinion, Martin, these documented bullying attacks by Mitt Romney go beyond anything that could be called pranks. A Prank doesn't include physical assault.

The fact that he contends that he doesn't even remember it, is not only an out right lie, but even if it were true, it only makes his complete lack of conscience even more obvious.

Both Mitt and his wife lie with ease.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
05-14-2012, 07:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Mitt had any guts or sense of decency he should just come clean.
He should just say I regret what I did, what I did was wrong and I'm a different person now.

</div></div>I agree completely. Now, if he did exactly as you suggest would you be able to look past it or would you drag it through the mud like gayle?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-18-2012, 07:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Mitt had any guts or sense of decency he should just come clean.

</div></div>I agree completely. Now, if he did exactly as you suggest would you be able to look past it or would you drag it through the mud like gayle?

eg8r </div></div>

How often have you bashed Kennedy, and Clinton?

Did Bill Clinton admit to his failings? Did Ted Kennedy admit to his? both of them did, but that doesn't stop you from bashing them every in post after post that has nothing whatsoever to do with either of them.

Mitt Romney has not owned up to anything! One lie after another. running away from reporters. REfusing to answer questions about everything and anything that exposes his deceit and failures.

AND, he won't own up to eny of his own despicable bahavior! EVER!

Now he's out there lying his ass off accusing the President of using character assassination against him, when he's been one of the worst to use it of anyone. He slaughtered Newt, and Santorum.

What a hypocrite you are.

eg8r
05-21-2012, 01:50 AM
LOL, you hypocritically hop on here and admit to what I said was true about you. Thanks, you didn't really have to do that since we already know what you are all about.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-21-2012, 01:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you hypocritically hop on here and admit to what I said was true about you. Thanks, you didn't really have to do that since we already know what you are all about.

eg8r </div></div>

Not at all, you jump on here and prove you can't read, AGAIN!

More of your usual distraction and distortion tactics.

It gets old.

The thread is about an actual statement, made about Mitt Romney's disgusting behavior, by a respected person, and should be the subject of the comments that are in the thread, away from the subject. It is an article. It has valid points. romney assauulted others, who he thought weaker than himself, in some way.

If you're not interested in discussing the article, fine, but leave the stupid hypotheticals designed to throw out more of your personal insults, out of the discussion.

G.