PDA

View Full Version : DVD / Book: Phil Capelle on 9-ball

Ludba
10-01-2002, 02:17 PM
I am really excited about Capelle's book and DVD set on the match between Archer and Reyes. It looks like it will be very entertaining and very instructional. The 200 page book is completely on their match and their respective playing styles.

I am definitely going to get the book/DVD set rather than the book/video set. I prefer DVD and am hoping that the pool industry starts producing lots more instructional videos on the DVD format. Furthermore, I hope Capelle takes full advantage of the DVD format. Someone needs to lead the way for pool instruction to go to DVD. If Capelle's DVD sees a positive response, hopefully that will encourage other distributors to follow suit.

Anybody else planning on buying this set?

JMD in VA
10-01-2002, 08:36 PM
I ordered it myself a few weeks ago. It looks great! Phil said the book should be in your hands around Oct.10 and the DVD a few weeks later. They need a little more time to get it copied and correct. I spoke to Pat Fleming with Accu-Stats at the Open and he said that he was working on the technology and it might be a little while on past matches, but this years Open Finals would be available soon. I hope most matches and all OPen Finals do go to DVD. If you don't have it yet, get The Hustler on DVD. Very good. Lots of features.

JMD