PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Surrender their Liberty

llotter
05-12-2012, 07:52 AM
It is interesting that not one elected Democrat has a mind of his own. They simply fall into line and defend the indefensible positions of this administration. Have they all been infected is a disease or what? What can bring so many into line like robots?

LWW
05-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Democrats, by definition, believe in mob rule.

Libertarians, by definition, believe in liberty.

This is why compromse with leftist ideology is suicide for free peopes.

You cannot make a reasonable compromise between medicine and poison as the compromise still will result in death ... and leftist ideology, by definition, demands the death of personal liberty.

llotter
05-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Something so obvious should be easy to illustrate and easy to understand yet the this evil of servitude lives on and prospers. LWW, you must focus your great mind on constructing the perfect method of enlightening our citizens, one that will shield them from ever being infected with this terrible, infectious disease.

Soflasnapper
05-12-2012, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is interesting that not one elected Democrat has a mind of his own. They simply fall into line and defend the indefensible positions of this administration. Have they all been infected is a disease or what? What can bring so many into line like robots? </div></div>

I think you are referring to the lock-step voting GOP Borg collective. (If not, what DO you think about their all getting in line behind their own positions? Equally questionable, or do you think that's totally fine?)

Democrats have always been fractious and hard to get on a single page with their presidents or party positions. Forever. "I do not belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat!" -- Will Rogers.

Maybe you've heard of the Blue Dogs, the conservative leaning Democrats from reddish states, who regularly and with the easy prediction of all observers, routinely voted against the party position? Is it your position that none of them were elected to office, all appointed, or what?

Gayle in MD
05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is interesting that not one elected Democrat has a mind of his own. They simply fall into line and defend the indefensible positions of this administration. Have they all been infected is a disease or what? What can bring so many into line like robots? </div></div>

It's the Republicans who have all lined up to sign Grover Norquests' pledges, not the Democratic Party.

It's the Republlicans, as well, who seek non stop to remove the constitutional rights of others, and legislate unequal teatment under the law, which is precisely why the Arizon Sherrif, is has now been indicted.

What is amazing is how you, and your comrades, continue to write things on this forum, which are blatantly false, and have been undeniably proven not to be true, and then use what are well known RW non news, trash media, as your only source of confirmation.

It's all such a joke!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
05-12-2012, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something so obvious should be easy to illustrate and easy to understand yet the this evil of servitude lives on and prospers. LWW, you must focus your great mind on constructing the perfect method of enlightening our citizens, one that will shield them from ever being infected with this terrible, infectious disease. </div></div>

I can only lead the willing to knowledge ... I can't make the unwilling think.

LWW
05-12-2012, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is interesting that not one elected Democrat has a mind of his own. They simply fall into line and defend the indefensible positions of this administration. Have they all been infected is a disease or what? What can bring so many into line like robots? </div></div>

I think you are referring to the lock-step voting GOP Borg collective. (If not, what DO you think about their all getting in line behind their own positions? Equally questionable, or do you think that's totally fine?)

Democrats have always been fractious and hard to get on a single page with their presidents or party positions. Forever. "I do not belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat!" -- Will Rogers.

Maybe you've heard of the Blue Dogs, the conservative leaning Democrats from reddish states, who regularly and with the easy prediction of all observers, routinely voted against the party position? Is it your position that none of them were elected to office, all appointed, or what? </div></div>

I'll step up to that.

1 - Dems are fascists, reps are fascist lite.

2 - Your hypothesis of a fractious dem party is risibly false, and certainly during recent history.

Doubt it?

Look at the party line vote to shove the OBAMACARE bill through.

Or the votes on the stimulus bill ... or on the auto bailout bills. Both of which were passed with overwhelming D support ... and which they immediately bamed Bush for.

Soflasnapper
05-12-2012, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The newly amended bill eventually passed the House of Representatives at 11:19 PM EST on Saturday, November 7, 2009, by a vote of 220-215. The bill passed with support of the majority of Democrats, together with one Republican who voted only after the necessary 218 votes had already been cast. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Thirty-nine Democrats voted against the bill. </span>All members of the House voted, and none voted "present".[24]</div></div>

Sure, strict party line vote, except for the 39 House Democrats who didn't get the memo, or something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The $819 billion stimulus bill passed the House 244 to 188, but not a single Republican voted for it. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Eleven Democrats broke with their party and voted against the stimulus.</span> </div></div>

Yep, just as you said, lockstep unanimous support there! Wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 690
(Democrats in roman; Republicans in italic; Independents underlined)

H R 7321 RECORDED VOTE 10-Dec-2008 8:46 PM
QUESTION: On Passage
BILL TITLE: Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act

Ayes Noes PRES NV
Democratic 205 20 11
Republican 32 150 1 15
Independent
TOTALS 237 170 1 26 </div></div>

Now HERE, your point is <s>well</s> mis-taken (once again), as 20 House Dems voted no.

Among the Democratic Party's problems has always been other Democrats. Whether a Zell Miller speaking at the Republican Nomination Convention to trash the Democratic nominee, or a Joe Lieberman, doing about the same as an open supporter of John McCain over Obama.

Before the GOP began to try the circular firing squad routine, it had been patented some decades before by the Democrats.

LWW
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM
And, again, you prove my point.

Miller and Lieberman were both disowned because they were only 95% to 99% loyal to moonbatology.

Soflasnapper
05-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Absurd, and untrue as well. Neither man was disowned from the party, until they left it by endorsing the other party's candidate and speaking at their convention. Miller especially had been tolerated despite taking many Republican positions. Lieberman was allowed to keep the chairmanship of the committe on Homeland Security by the Democratic caucus, even after his '08 endorsement of McCain. You simply do not know anything about what you're talking about, erroneously.

However, granting that in arguendo, what about the 39, 17, and 20 Democrats I've cited voting against the administration and party position on three very important bills, none of whom included either Miller or Lieberman?

LWW
05-12-2012, 08:41 PM
This from a guy who claims Hitler was a small state conservative.

Stretch
05-13-2012, 12:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This from a guy who claims Hitler was a small state conservative. </div></div>

TRANSLATED

This is my lame deflection away from yet another lost argument.

LWW
05-13-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm so sorry that you have been brainwashed to relieve such things.

Soflasnapper
05-13-2012, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This from a guy who claims Hitler was a small state conservative. </div></div>

I have never said that, as obviously, Germany was a large state back in the day, LOL! Seriously, I have never said that at all.

But as Stretch notes, THAT'S your answer to my examples??? Which is no answer at all, a change of subject, and a false ad hominem attack? Trifecta pays $65 on a $2 ticket, cash it in!

eg8r
05-14-2012, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is interesting that not one elected Democrat has a mind of his own. They simply fall into line and defend the indefensible positions of this administration.</div></div>In all fairness, I find this to be true of Reps for the opposite position. All politicians go in, get pressured by the ones in their party that have been there the longest, and vote along party lines.

eg8r

Qtec
05-14-2012, 07:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is interesting that not one elected Democrat has a mind of his own.</div></div>

BS,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They simply fall into line and defend the indefensible positions of this administration. </div></div>

Eh no, That would be the GOP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Have they all been infected is a disease or what? What can bring so many into line like robots? </div></div>

What crap. This is a joke, right?

Q

Soflasnapper
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM

No, this from a guy who just pointed out that on 3 very important Democratic Party/President Obama initiatives, the health care act, the stimulus, and the auto bailout, there were significant numbers of Democrats voting against the party position and the Obama position.

what about the 39, 17, and 20 Democrats I've cited voting against the administration and party position on three very important bills

You are free to dispute these if you can, but instead you ignore them, having no answer.

In fact, you may be stunned once again to learn that your precious world view is infected with falsehoods and mythology, just as you claim is true for anyone who disagrees with you.