PDA

View Full Version : Seen on Drudge Today

llotter
05-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Literary Agents used this bio for The Moron:

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2012/05/09/Obama-Closeup-2.png

Just what is the truth?

LWW
05-17-2012, 12:52 PM
<span style='font-size: 26pt'>I HEREBY DENOUNCE ACTON & DYSTEL AS ENEMIES OF THE STATE!
</span>

llotter
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM
I think the bios are supplied by the clients but, you are right, they should have know that this would be an issue years later.

Soflasnapper
05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Literary Agents used this bio for The Moron:

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2012/05/09/Obama-Closeup-2.png

Just what is the truth? </div></div>

I think taking a LITERARY AGENT's puff claims LITERALLY would be a mistake. Poetic license and all.

Advertising is not generally required to be accurate, after all.

Still interesting, if true, I'll admit.

LWW
05-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Where would you ask us to believe that the agent received this data?

Soflasnapper
05-17-2012, 04:16 PM
If it was puffery for advertising purposes, he may have confabulated it from parts of the Obama bio he had heard from Obama (that his father had been from Kenya). Why not make him a very exotic person of foreign birth, then? Who cares about the accuracy of bio information for an unknown autobiographer?

Literary agents are supposed to gin up interest and demand for the books those they represent write, and the whole process of publicity, getting others' blurbs for the cover, etc., is not something sworn under oath.

Or, a young Obama, with similar goals for the sales of his books, might have hit upon the same tactic.

In neither case would it have to be true to be said, in that venue (advertising), by whomever came up with it.

llotter
05-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Liberals are only loyal to the 'truth' of convenience and believe that everyone agrees with this theory of operation.

DiabloViejo
05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Liberals are only loyal to the 'truth' of convenience and believe that everyone agrees with this theory of operation. </div></div>

Well alrighty there, this settles it for me daggumit! Hallelujah! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif