PDA

View Full Version : Random musings on the US Open, probably long

10-01-2002, 10:41 PM
It's nice to know that there are some things in life you can count on. The sun rising in the east, the government raising taxes, Holly and Mike still being awake when I came home at 5:00 am every day of the US Open.....Oh wait, there was one day I got home earlier, when Kato had to pay off his debt!!!
So, this was my very first Open, and what an experience. We rolled into the hotel at around 11:30pm , where we met Joe the night guy. Joe was just thrilled (NOT!) that the pool players were in town. Quote: "Jesus Christ, you people party all night, play all day, NEVER sleep, what the hell is wrong with you?!" About a half an hour later we reappeared wearing makeup, and Joe decided that pool players were maybe not so bad after all! LOL Actually, Joe was quite cool all week, giving me a Norm!! type greeting every morning when I rolled in.
We got over to the conference center at around midnight, where we caught up with Mike Howerton of AZ Billiards. Mike is just way cool, a really laid back kind of guy. We spent some time catching up with Holly's many social contacts, while I took a ride on a motorcycle. By the time Holly rescued me from that fiasco (Apparently VA cops take that lid law seriously! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif )we were pretty wiped out, and decided to go back to our room. A late night visit from one of the players kept us up till dawn, but what the hell, pool players don't sleep!!
Tuesday was somewhat unremarkable, except that I met Brady. What a guy. Really.
LOL No seriously, Brady was not at all what I expected, but he is really energetic and charming. Sweet kid. But if he thinks that Mustang of his is going to beat The Beast he'd better go back to the stable and get a few more ponies!! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif
Wednesday, Kato and Voodoo arrived. (Let's get this party started!!) We played pool till about 4:30 in the morning, what a great time. The only table available was tucked way back around the corner, but Voodoo's many friends managed to find us and keep us well entertained. (Do you do drugs? LOL) Sorry, you had to be there...
On to the event itself. Every night that I arrived at the Convention Center I and every other lady attending recieved a red rose from Barry Behrman. Well, actually, from Pineapple the doorman, but he seemed pretty happy about the whole situation.... Every seat was an actual seat, and the only thing to distinguish general admission from prefered seating was the banquet table (or lack thereof) in front of you. I got to do a guest stint on an Accu Stats tape of Brady's match, which will unfortunately never see the light of day. It was way too much about the comedy!
The celebrity roast will get better in years to come, I'm sure, but it sounds like we missed out on the real fun with the CCB dinner (Which I still swear was supposed to be Saturday!) Perhaps they should go from roast to a bunch of pool players trading war stories....
Sandor Tot. As he followed me to the cheap seats, I could barely keep from howling in laughter when I thought about what might be going through Kato's mind! I wanted to wave, but I was too nervous about walking in front of all those people! Sandor is a really nice guy, and I'll be buying him that drink I owe him while he's here in NY. SS, you're still the best.
What else,.......Oh! Vicki! Hey, thanks for being so gracious about that PM!! hahahaha You rock, girl! Amanda, I didn't realize you were that Amanda! See you soon!
Okay, no one else is going to do it, so I will. Congratulations to Neil Fujiwara of Predator Products. Neil finished 13th in his first US Open, an accomplishment many players would envy. Friday night witnessed his first loss to Scott Frost, while a few of his co workers broke land speed records to get to the arena before his next match. A strong hometown cheering section witnessed his first one-loss match, which he managed to pull out shortly after 2:00am. (C'Mon, lets go play some pool!) Of course, most of you know there's a special place in my heart for the guys at Predator, and I was so happy for Neil. He had just a great tournament.
Regrets? I have a few. Like not taking off of work on Monday so I could stay for the party on Sunday night. Like not being awake enough to enjoy the CCB Tournament. Like not being able to do the whole thing again tomorrow. My fellow CCBers, all I can tell you is, you have to be there. You have no excuse. Plan your vacations around these events, save your ducets, whatever you have to do. For one thing, we're usually too drunk or too tired to remember a lot of the really good stuff, and for another, you can never fully appreciate Holly channeling the rabbit until you actually see it!! (SS and I were dying when she didn't even realize she was doing it during the finals!) No excuses guys, be there next year!! (Maybe we can negotiate a group rate and get a block of seats!)

10-01-2002, 11:16 PM
By the way, Cheese, I made it well under the deadline, so you'd better call off the rodent conga line!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

cheesemouse
10-02-2002, 09:05 AM
Lorri,
Loved the story, your cool but Lester is still in jeopardy. The part about the hotel guy is so true, poolplayers have that overdrive gear that is called up at special events. Party on girl....

Lester
10-02-2002, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> Lorri,
Loved the story, your cool but Lester is still in jeopardy. The part about the hotel guy is so true, poolplayers have that overdrive gear that is called up at special events. Party on girl.... <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Careful Cheesemouse, I'm a "man on the edge". I got a story for ya. Friday night, I just got into Chesapeake and went to the conference to sweat some matches. Run into MikeM and WesK, who inform me of the dinner. I said I would follow him what is he driving. MikeM says "I have that black BMW over there". I jokeingly say "Oh you're a danged yuppie." He got a funny look on his face, but it quickly passed. He says "I've got to take a shower first, but you make a right at the light and follow rte so and so, and the restaurant is on the left." I drove for about 40 minutes found the restaurant, only to be told it was the wrong one. Mike had called ahead to have the hostess tell me the restaurant was about 2 blocks from the Conference Center. I drove the 40 minutes back to the restaurant, and told him I would NEVER call him a yuppie again. Lesson learned. ***Lester***

Voodoo Daddy
10-02-2002, 09:56 PM
The only table available was tucked way back around the corner, but Voodoo's many friends managed to find us and keep us well entertained. (Do you do drugs? LOL) Sorry, you had to be there...
------------------------------------------------------------

And who kept him on a leash? The same guy that appologized for his ignorance? ME!! He was entertaining, wasnt he?...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10-02-2002, 10:50 PM
Is that all it was about, just getting drunk? Did any of have any interest in the fact that there was a pool tournament going on? I doubt you would even remember the match even if saw one. A lot of pretend pool enthusiast. Reminds me of the people at the super bowl who are leaving at the third quarter to beat the traffic. Yea, they really came to see the game. You all should have met somewhere at a bar and not bothered with the tournament. What a bunch of idiots.

bluewolf
10-03-2002, 06:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Is that all it was about, just getting drunk? Did any of have any interest in the fact that there was a pool tournament going on? I doubt you would even remember the match even if saw one. A lot of pretend pool enthusiast. Reminds me of the people at the super bowl who are leaving at the third quarter to beat the traffic. Yea, they really came to see the game. You all should have met somewhere at a bar and not bothered with the tournament. What a bunch of idiots. <hr></blockquote>

cynically speaking, not everyone has such a fine, perfect control over the 'demon' alcohol....

remember as a youngster going to the virgin islands and sailing for a week with my family.we had been looking forward to getting lobster all week on the island of tortilla...but boy were the planter's punches good too..i had one too many to taste the lobster when it finally came... live and learn...

besides everyone has a right to their own definition of fun even if it isnt yours or mine...doesnt make them idiots...

bw

Doctor_D
10-03-2002, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Is that all it was about, just getting drunk? Did any of have any interest in the fact that there was a pool tournament going on? I doubt you would even remember the match even if saw one. A lot of pretend pool enthusiast. Reminds me of the people at the super bowl who are leaving at the third quarter to beat the traffic. Yea, they really came to see the game. You all should have met somewhere at a bar and not bothered with the tournament. What a bunch of idiots. <hr></blockquote>

Sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Dr. D.

rackmup
10-03-2002, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> You all should have met somewhere at a bar and not bothered with the tournament. What a bunch of idiots.<hr></blockquote>

And in consideration of your comments, one might assume all of the money spent by your parents on a formal education might have been better reserved for a plane ticket and a guest spot on the "Jerry Springer Show", where your obvious idiocy could be placed on display for the world to see.

Or you could do a "Pamprin" commercial, touting the benefits of this over-the-counter medication for the relief of menstrual cramps..."I was really crabby, opinionated and bloated until I took my daily dose of Pamprin. Now, I feel like singing!"

Or, and heaven forbid that you might actually do this: You could grab your three-piece-adjustable-weighted-pine-and-balsa-constructed Sears pool cue (the one with the screw-on ferrule and bright red nylon wrap with decals of an Oriental Dragon on the butt), toss it into that cute little 1 X 1 flip-top case, covered in simulated Gecko lizard and head on out to the pool room to play ANY ONE of the posters on this board to show us what a really good player you are.

One other thing: don't forget your ACME chalk cube, attached to the little retractable "Janitor Keyring" holder. Just clip that bad-boy onto your belt and go!

Regards,

Ken (I feel better now...that Pamprin really does work)

Wally_in_Cincy
10-03-2002, 07:14 AM
You're just jealous...and immature.

And you're a big poopypants too.

cheesemouse
10-03-2002, 07:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> You're just jealous...and immature.

And you're a big poopypants too. <hr></blockquote>

LMAO LOL Hehehehhe.....Wally my boy you took the words right out of my mouth. I think this anon guy/gal got their thingee caught in the slide rule.

AustinFilAm
10-03-2002, 07:54 AM
It's all about having fun with friends, pool, etc.,
and those ..........twins.

Rich R.
10-03-2002, 08:01 AM
At least we got out, saw some great matches between pro players, played a little pool ourselves and maybe had a drink with some old and some new friends. You, on the other hand, most likely spent the week in your bedroom playing video games.
I like our way much better.
Rich R.~~~wish I could go to all the tournaments.

Chris Cass
10-03-2002, 08:11 AM

10-03-2002, 08:33 AM
I have had experience with the would be pool fans. I remember once going to watch a couple of guys match up and a few guys at the pool room bugged us to come along. We were not there an hour when they were already saying, "how much longer are we going to stay?" Then I made a game started playing a guy some $50.00 nineball. The one guy actually came over to me while I was at the table to ask if we could leave because he had to get up in the morning. My wife had to drive these IDIOTS, and that is the best word to describe them. 50 miles back to the poolroom where there cars were and come back 50 miles to where I was. I don't remember if it was you who called me inmate but what would you call a bunch of adults saying things like "I was so drunk man" or "I stayed up all night." I will admit I stay away from people whose only idea of having fun is to get drunk, of think they can't if they don't. Maybe that makes me look like someone who doesn't know how to have a good time in some peoples eyes. Believe me, that doesn't bother me at all. I will stick by my original post. A bunch of pretend pool fans. Even though you attempted to insult me, you are a pretty funny guy, I still gave you an honest explanation of what I mente. My analogy about the football game is accurate. Most are not really fans, they just want to be a part of what they think is a happening event. They like the tail gate party more then the game. And that's OK, I was just surprised to read it here.

10-03-2002, 08:38 AM
Your defensiveness tells me I am right, have another brew.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Next time.. PLEASE.. don't read these posts!!!!

I can see that it upsets you and that you are very sensitive to these situations.. you must have had a bad experience.. we feel sorry for you.

bluewolf
10-03-2002, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Next time.. PLEASE.. don't read these posts!!!!

I can see that it upsets you and that you are very sensitive to these situations.. you must have had a bad experience.. we feel sorry for you. <hr></blockquote>

go get em tom. and when i see you guys next year, i will party right with you. dont inbibe true etoh but h*ll i can still have fun with friends drinking or non drinking friends' geez, we all drink something being 3/4 water, gotta take in liquids....ROFL

Eric.
10-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Anony-mouse,

I'm sorry(for you) that we haven't met your standards. But then again, who values the opinion of a jackass anyway? Look little buddy, you gotta smell the roses once in awhile. Just outta curiousity, do you only eat Vanilla, Chocolate is pretty good too and if you're feeling wild, go for the Strawberry.

I hope for your sake there's more to your life. I like to have fun. I like pool. When I go to meet with people for the sole purpose of having a good time, I like to cut loose. What do you do when you vacation?
If I want to be a pool studying, wax-on/wax off muther F-er, I'll buy some Accu-Stat tapes(you're welcome Pat) so if I miss out on watching Johnny A scratch his crotch, I can replay it.
Thanks for letting us know what a wet blanket you are, glad you didn't come to hang.

Eric &gt;blow me

10-03-2002, 10:02 AM
The reality is, that is what pool is. 98% of the players play on leagues and it is little more then a night out. I guess I am the one out of step. I don't get to play as much as I would like, but when I do, I like to take serious. I like playing top players, usually with weight of course and I like to bet high. I just found it odd that the group would travel to such a great tournament, spending what may have been quite a bit to some of them. Then just turn it into another weekend of boozing and goofing. I can only guess that is all it really is to them. I used to like to go the US Open straight pool tournament years when I was young. I would never miss a match. Later on I played in the tournaments. Like I said, to 98% of the people who play, it is just a night out. There is nothing wrong with that. I just found it odd, that's all.

Rich R.
10-03-2002, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Your defensiveness tells me I am right, have another brew. <hr></blockquote>
You don't really have a clue!
But if you must know, from the time I arrived in Chesapeake, approximately noon Wednesday, until I left, Appoximately 3:00 pm Saturday, I had exactly 4 bottles of beer and no other alcohol. Gee, I don't think I was drunk??
I also spent close to 40 hours in the tournament room watching matches. In addition to that, I spent time with both old and new friends from the CCB, had a great dinner with CCB'ers and played in the CCB Tournament. All in all, I'd say my few days in Chesapeake were fairly full.
I had a great time with a lot of great people and I don't consider any of them, nor myself, "idiots". I wish I could say the same for you.
Time to go back to your video game.
Rich R.

rackmup
10-03-2002, 10:20 AM
I'm assuming, and I will apologize in advance for that, you have done extensive research and those numbers support your "98% Theory". I would imagine this took years to compile your data as one would have to take in the economic impact of the events of 09/11/2001, the fall of Enron and WorldCom and their respective impact on the expendable cash resources of the general public. I would further imagine that you employed the use of an independent firm to confirm your findings. The travel alone must have been exhausting.

Man, what a workload you took upon yourself just to determine that only 2% of the World's pool playing population are worthy of a title above that of "idiot".

I am not an idiot. I do not drink to excess. I do play in leagues. Does this just make me a "half-idiot"?

My God...to possess the intelligence that you must have. Not to mention your skills as a pool player as I am certain you are a part of the elite 2%.

Well...I must go. I need to prepare for a "night out", pounding down drinks to the point of falling down, with all of my idiot pool playing league friends.

Regards,

Ken

Ross
10-03-2002, 10:35 AM
You are a bit confused. All of the CCB'ers I met spent several hours a day watching the Open. Some of them also crammed in time sweating matches at Q-masters late at night and playing in our tourney (and g-d forbid, some of them went out to dinner or for drinks). That is what pool fans are about - watching and competing at the game, and meeting people from all walks of life who share your passion. I don't think the comparison you made to the people from your room who got bored after an hour of watching pool is very accurate, do you?

10-03-2002, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I have had experience with the would be pool fans. Then I made a game started playing a guy some $50.00 nineball. The one guy actually came over to me while I was at the table to ask if we could leave because he had to get up in the morning. <hr></blockquote>

Wow, you must be the most boring player on earth.

I don't recall using lines like "I was so drunk", but then, I don't really drink that much to begin with. Perhaps I should have given a minute by minute account of the week's activities instead of the synopses, that way you wouldn't have to read between the lines. BY WAY OF CLARIFICATION, after a full day of sweating some of the most awesome pool players on the planet, which normally ended at around 1:00am (way too early to go to bed!) we did all of the above.

Get a spell checker jerk-off.

cheesemouse
10-03-2002, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> The reality is, that is what pool is. 98% of the players play on leagues and it is little more then a night out. I guess I am the one out of step. I don't get to play as much as I would like, but when I do, I like to take serious. I like playing top players, usually with weight of course and I like to bet high. I just found it odd that the group would travel to such a great tournament, spending what may have been quite a bit to some of them. Then just turn it into another weekend of boozing and goofing. I can only guess that is all it really is to them. I used to like to go the US Open straight pool tournament years when I was young. I would never miss a match. Later on I played in the tournaments. Like I said, to 98% of the people who play, it is just a night out. There is nothing wrong with that. I just found it odd, that's all. <hr></blockquote>
Anon,
Hey, no back peddling allowed. You called my friends 'idiots' and 'boozers' [sorry I couldn't be there to help, guys] plus you put them into a catagory of the 98% of pool players who don't take the game seriously. Well, I took my own scientific poll these last two Saturdays while I was playing pool at gatherings of approximately 100 players each. In my pole I asked the question "did you know the U.S.Open 9-ball Championships is about to take place and/or is taking place?" I found that only 2% of them knew what I was talking about and 98% of them were serious pool players who were drunk. I have to conclude that the ccb'ers who where at the Open had the best seats any serious pool play in the world could have hoped for, drunk or sober. I don't care if they if they were on their hands and knees dry heaving and laugh in between convulsive spasms they were where the pool action of the world was at and they had fun plus they supported the game of pool...what did you do that week, bore someone?

10-03-2002, 11:13 AM
You are in major denial. You drink plenty. Too much, actually. We've seen you wasted at NEWT tournaments. Crying, emotional...you name it, the whole nine yards. My girlfriend was embarassed for you. So was I.

Kato
10-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Anon, I must disagree with you. I spent a great deal of time with the CCB'ers, especially Lorri. She had a few drinks here and there but never got stumbling drunk. As a matter of fact she was sweating matches at Q-Masters and the Convention Center around the clock. That girl was on the go constantly. I'm sorry, I don't know about what she did in the past but she was on the go constantly at the Open. Plus, she was hanging out with Sandor Tot, she's my hero.

Kato

stickman
10-03-2002, 11:51 AM
if going to the Open, meeting a bunch of my CCB friends, watching some great pool, playing some pool, staying up late, having a few drinks and otherwise, totally enjoying myself would make me one~~~~~I wish I were an idiot. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Maybe next year.

nAz
10-03-2002, 11:53 AM
Kato off topic but your Quote is that by D. Adams aurtor of Hitchhicker guide to the universe?

10-03-2002, 12:13 PM
I regret having posted that and I apologize.

Kato
10-03-2002, 12:34 PM
I have no clue Naz, I just thought it fit me to a T.

Kato

10-03-2002, 08:17 PM
Notice Eric's reference to Mr. Miagi's "Wax-On, Wax-Off"...HAHAHAHA. Without question, the coolest guy I met at the Open!!! Tell your lady Voodoo says hello.

Holly
10-04-2002, 10:05 AM
I guess your glass house just broke throwing a rock out that window at someone else. Number one whoever you are and I would imagine since you mentioned NEWT that we probably know each other, you and I may even like one another or get along.

I did read your appology after Kato's response and I appreciate it as Lorri's friend and now roomate.

How well do you really know Lorri? Ever really spend any time with her one on one, ever been on the road with her, ever had dinner with her or her family, ever gotten to know her in any real way outside of the occassional tournament? KNow what her hobbies and interests outside of pool, which there are many (she is a certified Master Gardner as a matter of fact and does lectures in the Edison area occassionally)

In the past year I have seen so much snap to judgement, rock hurling attitudes among players and frequently when they have never taken the time to talk to get to know each other as people that it saddens me knowing that many people are so wrong about one another. But they don't take the time to give one another a chance.

I can tell you for a fact being as I have spent alot of time with Lorri this summer as well as now am her roomate that she rarely drinks or is an alcoholic. I have known and seen alcoholics before and can tell you she honestly drinks so little that she gets pretty tipsy on 1-2 drinks. I am withness first hand to this. Her most frequently consumed beverage of choice is homemade fresh fruit smoothies. If you never get the chance to try one you are missing out.

As far as the crying in public. Please...you have never been under stress at times in your life where it was overwhelming and this has not happened to you? Never? I know the situation you are refering to I think, and you know what...it is no one's business. Suffice it to say she had a shock to her system just before that event and in all honesty should probably not have been there that day, but she needed the distraction. OK? Someone with compassion and a real heart would have gone up to her find out if she was ok, some did and you know what, she now trusts them and considers them friends. And those of us who really know Lorri, her kindness, talents, and strenghs are glad we do.

I feel very blessed everyday for my family and the friends I have in my life and Lorri is one of them. Thanks for listening and for the appology as well. That was good of you, but I still needed to say something in general any perseptions others may have derived from what you initially wrote.

Thanks,
Holly

jjinfla
10-04-2002, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Is that all it was about, just getting drunk? Did any of have any interest in the fact that there was a pool tournament going on? I doubt you would even remember the match even if saw one. A lot of pretend pool enthusiast. Reminds me of the people at the super bowl who are leaving at the third quarter to beat the traffic. Yea, they really came to see the game. You all should have met somewhere at a bar and not bothered with the tournament. What a bunch of idiots. <hr></blockquote> You sound like someone with a lot of problems. Like you wanted to go play in the Open, which you had a good chance of winning, but stayed home crying in your beer. Or Oriental tea. Time waits for no one and time has passed you by. Jake

10-07-2002, 05:17 AM
Well, it sure is good to see that people who actually know Lorri (and have intact powers of observation) weighed in to snuff this one out.

Thanks, Holly, for your quick and robust comments.

It reminds me of one girl in NY, who was a pretty strong player. I could never work out why she never won anything. A friend told me it was because she got so nervous when she had to compete that she'd be in the ladies room heaving. She simply went to pieces. That's pretty sad. It's even more sad to comtemplate what people like this poster might have said about her.

But I do know Lorri, and I can tell you that that one post is nothing more than a cartload of bull.

The person who posted this embarrasses and discredits this forum, but embarrasses themselves a whole lot more.

MikeM
10-07-2002, 06:23 AM
Lorri's cool! Just don't get into a car with her and Kid Rock!/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

MM

CarolNYC
10-07-2002, 06:42 AM
Well, hats off to you Holly for defending a friend-I share the same sentiments when someone passes judgement on my friends-and just because they mentioned the NEWT tour,does not mean they are a player-just let it go!
Carol

Doctor_D
10-07-2002, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Lorri's cool! Just don't get into a car with her and Kid Rock!/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

MM <hr></blockquote>

Good morning Mike:

Mike, no truer words have ever been spoken!

/ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

Dr. D.

Holly
10-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Hiya Carol,

Your right...and you know : ) I state my views and go along my merry way. No ill will towards anyone - but I did feel compelled to address the situation.

Peace,
Hol

MikeM
10-07-2002, 03:00 PM
I'll probably regret this but I just can't sit by while you swallow your foot deeper and deeper. In reading Lorri's original post I just can't see how you reach your conclusions, that I am an idiot and not a serious pool fan. In your next messages you go on to disparage league players and 98% of pool players as not being serious enough. You then try to prove your worthiness to make such statements by relating how you made your wife drive 100 miles to get some "idiots" out of your hair. How dare someone try to act responsibly and get home on time to get a good night's sleep when you had a money game going?

I'll recap my weekend for you and anyone else who might be interested and see if you understand a little better.

I arrived with WesK about noon on Thursday. Went straight to the conference center and visited all of the booths. We ran into Lorri, Holly and Amanda as they jumped into a truck with two of the coolest nicest dudes you will ever meet, Kato and Voodoo. I had to run out in the rain just to shake their hand before they took off. We then proceded to watch 16 matches at a time from the best seat in the house. I was fourth row directly centered on the headrail of the main Accu-stats table in the Josey VIP section. We sat there until three when we checked in to our hotel and had some lunch. Then back to the the conference center to watch more of the greatest nineball tournament in the world until after midnight. Then we all got together and headed for Q-Master billiards to shoot some pool and eat dinner. We had a blast shooting around together and trying each other's cues out. After we closed out our tables we headed over to the tournament room and sweated some of the action going on there. I'm sure you wouldn't have been impressed being the big $50 nineball player that you are, but I was quite impressed. We didn't leave there 'til about 4:30 in the morning.

Slept until about 10 the next morning and then headed back to watch the 11 am matches. Watched pool until 5pm and then went out to dinner with about ten of my new best friends. We had a blast and yes even drank alcohol! We all made sure to get back to the conference center for the 7pm Corey Deuel/Earl Strickland match, which was awesome! Stayed there until around midnight and went to the hotel to rest up for my first ever nineball tourney.

Woke up around 9 and got to Q-Master by 10 for some breakfast and practice time. Played in and watched the tourney until about 6 before heading back to the Big tourney. Watched mathces until 2AM then back to Q-Master 'til 4 to catch some more of the money matches.

Was back at the conference center by 11 for the first semifinal and had to leave by 7 that night to catch an early plane for work the next day so I missed the final (if Earl was still around I would have stayed).

If any of that leads you to believe that I am not serious about pool and am an idiot, I gladly accept the title. I think most of the CCBers experiences were similar to mine and for you to make sweeping judgements about all of us like you did is laughable. Yes we partied quite a bit but I don't believe I saw anyone "drunk". (except maybe me/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif} My only regret was that when I did get to shoot pool I played horribly. So, if you want to join us next time feel free. You'll have fun and learn something along the way. Otherwise, keep your trap shut in regard to things about which you know nothing.

MM

CarolNYC
10-07-2002, 03:01 PM
Since you've given me the "southern" HIYA, I'll give - you the NY "How ya doing!" ha ha ha-and yes,I sure do know the feeling of being compelled!ha ha ha-Now, being that we have been in Manhatten from 9am-1am in the morning for the past five days-are you sure you do not want to address this post with that NJ word that is used as a "COMMA!" ha ha ha
You stay well!
See you soon!
Carol

Wally_in_Cincy
10-08-2002, 06:31 AM