PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever wonder?

pooltchr
05-20-2012, 04:54 PM
In Obama's autobiography, he stated that his last two years of high school were spend drinking heavily and doing drugs enthusiastically, spending very little time going to classes.

How does a student like that end up at Harvard???? And why are his school records such a closely guarded secret?

Just wondering...

Steve

Soflasnapper
05-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Do you think he went directly from high school to Harvard Law?

Harvard was his 3rd school after high school.

He got into Harvard by doing well at Columbia, his 2nd school after high school, and likely scoring well on the LSAT.

eg8r
05-21-2012, 02:38 AM
My pastor's daughter spent her last two years only taking 1 class at her high school. If you stop there you would wonder how she ended up as the valedictorian of her class. Well it wasn't because the rest of the school was dumb, it was just the fact that she was dual enrolled in college and when she graduated high school she only needed 8 credits to get her AA. Considering his background and family influences I personally think that at that point he had already completed what was needed to get into Harvard and was basically on easy street till that time.

eg8r

Qtec
05-21-2012, 03:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering his background and<u> family influences</u> </div></div>

What family influences?

Q

eg8r
05-21-2012, 03:57 AM
The influence on his family growing up. I wasn't there but it shouldn't be too tough to use a little common sense to figure it out. I am not going to do the thinking for you.

eg8r

LWW
05-21-2012, 04:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He got into Harvard by doing well at Columbia, his 2nd school after high school, and likely scoring well on the LSAT.

</div></div>

Evidenced by?

Soflasnapper
05-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Because that is how admissions to Harvard Law work.

Even if it's assumed BHO received an affirmative action admission, still those granted that must have done well in their prior school and on the LSAT, unless the matriculating student is a legacy admission (another kind of preference beside AA that for some reason doesn't bother people so much-- cf: George W's Yale and Harvard Business School admissions, with fairly bad SAT scores).

eg8r
05-21-2012, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't think Obama got in the same way W did with his family. Obama has never come across as a dumb person and he certainly did not hold his position at Harvard by "barely" getting by which is what happened with W. I have no doubt that Obama earned his way in and considering his family comes from much more humble beginnings than W, Obama probably worked harder for that education. No doubt in my mind.

I don't understand what there is to question in relation to this subject.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
It's in question because some on the right cannot choose their attack line-- he's an evil genius of diabolical long-term planning capabilities, well on his way to accomplishing his goal of destroying the COTUS and the country, AND A MORON who can barely speak without the TOTUS, who thinks there are 59 states.

The two cannot both be true, but they compartmentalize their two various theories and do not see the cognitive dissonance, because that is how cognitive dissonance exists and endures.

eg8r
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's in question because some on the right cannot choose their attack line-- he's an evil genius of diabolical long-term planning capabilities, well on his way to accomplishing his goal of destroying the COTUS and the country, AND A MORON who can barely speak without the TOTUS, who thinks there are 59 states.

</div></div>So you are saying you don't appreciate those on the right who are now acting like those on the left? Remember when the lefties could not choose their own attack line on W?

I consider Obama to be a very intelligent person who has different ideas on what is best for our country. I find his ideas to be destructive covered in the facade of helping.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-22-2012, 01:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's in question because some on the right cannot choose their attack line-- he's an evil genius of diabolical long-term planning capabilities, well on his way to accomplishing his goal of destroying the COTUS and the country, AND A MORON who can barely speak without the TOTUS, who thinks there are 59 states.

</div></div>So you are saying you don't appreciate those on the right who are now acting like those on the left? Remember when the lefties could not choose their own attack line on W?

I consider Obama to be a very intelligent person who has different ideas on what is best for our country. I find his ideas to be destructive covered in the facade of helping.

eg8r </div></div>

YOU? Acting like those of us on the left? BWA HA HA HA....so far from the truth!

WE NEVER acted like you righties. We didn't live in denial, and still do not.

We on the left wrote for years that Bush would destroy the country.

That he had lied us into the war in Iraq.

That he had fixed the intel, to fit his agenda.

That his "Ownership Society" along with his deSHISHION, that he ignored growing corruption on Wall St., in the lending business, in the investment banks, and ratings agencies, and Republican Greenspan's unrealistically low interest rates, meant to fertilized Bush's "Ownership Society" was creating a housing bubble, and would destroy the economy.

WE WERE RIGHT. YOU WERE WRONG.

When he left office, the economy had collapsed, he left two unpaid for, unfinished wars, a trillions dollars unpaid for entitlement pay off for the pharmaceutical industry, had borrowed more than all previous administrations, combined, and destroyed America's former honor, killed hundreds of thousands of people, and didn't give a damn about getting bin Laden.

He had exposed the secret identity of a CIA SECRET NOC agent.

Broken the FISA laws.

Broken the Geneva Conventions.

Bailed out the crooks on Wall St.

He was even worse, than we on the left had imagined, and had warned you righties about for years.

But, you knew best??? YOU, of all people, claim non partisanship?

As one of the more ignorant on your side, parroted Dick Cheney....

"The deficits don't matter"

My oh my, you have all certainly changed that mantra these days!

No, your summation is far, far from the truth. You refused to see the truth about what Bush, and the Republicans were doing to this country, and denied every infraction for eight damned years.

Now, you still refuse to acknowledge that George Bush put us into this debt ditch, that even just the mounting interest alone, on his unprecedented borrowing and debts, and on his unpaid for spending, and unpaid for Ta cuts, all still the crux of our financial problems.

President Obama, has dug us out, and away from the Bush Depression, far sooner than even Bush and Paulson had predicted.

AND, as we all know, much to the disappointmet of some terrorist lovers on this forum, it took President Obama, to get our number one enemy, bin Laden, while the Bush family, is still in business with the bin Ladens, and The Bush Family Carlyle Group, and Cheney's Halliburton, have been racking up billions upon billions in profits, off the blood of our troops, all thanks to The Bush Administration, the most corrupt, war profiteering, lying administration in history! AND YOU voted for him twice!

G.

eg8r
05-23-2012, 02:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WE NEVER acted like you righties.</div></div>No kidding Sherlock. You were acting like a leftie and it is now the righties following suit. The lefties for 8 years told us how stupid W is by brilliantly masterminding everything. Now there are righties doing the same to Obama (per sofla) and the lefties are taking offense for some reason. It is sad that this plain english has to be spelled out for you each and every time. Maybe if you would just close your mouth and give yourself time to comprehend what you are actually reading a lot of your confusion would be clarified.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-23-2012, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WE NEVER acted like you righties.</div></div>No kidding Sherlock. You were acting like a leftie and it is now the righties following suit. The lefties for 8 years told us how stupid W is by brilliantly masterminding everything. Now there are righties doing the same to Obama (per sofla) and the lefties are taking offense for some reason. It is sad that this plain english has to be spelled out for you each and every time. Maybe if you would just close your mouth and give yourself time to comprehend what you are actually reading a lot of your confusion would be clarified.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">The difference, of course, is that you righties attacked us for writing the TRUTH, ABOUT BUSH, AND HIS DISASTERS, AND THE DEVASTATING COMING RESULTS, and we were right.

But, You righties, denied everything we were writing, insulting and attacking us as you went, including denying the proof we provided, and now, still denying the undeniable results, which proved we were exactly correct.

Now, you righties are still Attacking us for WRITING THE TRUTH, WITH DOCUMENTED PROOF.

The moral to the story? Republicans never learn from experience.

Additionally, when it comes to confusion, you are the number one award winning AZ BS Booby Prize winning, ultimate!

G.</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec
05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WE NEVER acted like you righties.</div></div>No kidding Sherlock. You were acting like a leftie and it is now the righties following suit. The lefties for 8 years told us how stupid W is by brilliantly masterminding everything. Now there are righties doing the same to Obama (per sofla) and the lefties are taking offense for some reason. It is sad that this plain english has to be spelled out for you each and every time. Maybe if you would just close your mouth and give yourself time to comprehend what you are actually reading a lot of your confusion would be clarified.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The lefties for 8 years told us how stupid W is by brilliantly masterminding everything. Now there are righties doing the same to Obama (per sofla) and the lefties are taking offense for some reason.</div></div>

More BS.

With hindsight, everything the Lefties complained about under the Bush admin turned out to be true.

All the reasons Bush gave for invading Iraq have been debunked, just like I said at the time.

I could go on and on but I will just say this.

When GW said 'I'm invading Afghanistan", did one single Republican say,

"how are we going to pay for it?"

Or Iraq, or the Bush tax cuts for that matter?

NOT A PEEP.

1 day after Obama is inaugurated its, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"What about this huge debt? What about this huge deficit?"</span>

You might be prone to selective amnesia but I'm not and there are many others like me that won't swallow your BS.

Q

Gayle in MD
05-23-2012, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WE NEVER acted like you righties.</div></div>No kidding Sherlock. You were acting like a leftie and it is now the righties following suit. The lefties for 8 years told us how stupid W is by brilliantly masterminding everything. Now there are righties doing the same to Obama (per sofla) and the lefties are taking offense for some reason. It is sad that this plain english has to be spelled out for you each and every time. Maybe if you would just close your mouth and give yourself time to comprehend what you are actually reading a lot of your confusion would be clarified.

eg8r </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The lefties for 8 years told us how stupid W is by brilliantly masterminding everything. Now there are righties doing the same to Obama (per sofla) and the lefties are taking offense for some reason.</div></div>

More BS.

With hindsight, everything the Lefties complained about under the Bush admin turned out to be true.

All the reasons Bush gave for invading Iraq have been debunked, just like I said at the time.

I could go on and on but I will just say this.

When GW said 'I'm invading Afghanistan", did one single Republican say,

"how are we going to pay for it?"

Or Iraq, or the Bush tax cuts for that matter?

NOT A PEEP.

1 day after Obama is inaugurated its, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"What about this huge debt? What about this huge deficit?"</span>

You might be prone to selective amnesia but I'm not and there are many others like me that won't swallow your BS.

Q </div></div>

Tap! Tap! Tap!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
G.

eg8r
05-23-2012, 10:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More BS.

</div></div>So says qtip the BS artist.

eg8r

hondo
05-23-2012, 12:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More BS.

eg8r </div></div>

More personal insults. You are so vile anymore. Why not do like little stevie did and take a long break from this forum? You really seem like a bitter, unhappy guy.
Trust me. Nobody would miss you.

LWW
05-23-2012, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More BS.

eg8r </div></div>

More personal insults. You are so vile anymore. Why not do like little stevie did and take a long break from this forum? You really seem like a bitter, unhappy guy.
Trust me. Nobody would miss you. </div></div>

More personal insults.

hondo
05-23-2012, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More BS.

eg8r </div></div>

Trust me. Nobody would miss you. </div></div>

More personal insults. </div></div>

Please show me anything I said that was untrue?
What's that? You can't?
But we already knew that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
05-24-2012, 01:18 AM
LOL, still whining are you?

eg8r

eg8r
05-24-2012, 01:19 AM
No one said anything about being truthful, you said I was slinging insults. When someone thinks I insulted them that is only because they cannot handle the truth. You are a perfect example.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-24-2012, 04:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one said anything about being truthful, you said I was slinging insults. When someone thinks I insulted them that is only because they cannot handle the truth. You are a perfect example.

eg8r </div></div>

You wouldn't recognize the truth if it walked up and bit your nose off!

eg8r
05-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Irrelevant to the discussion and hypocritical of you to point it out. Thanks for proving me correct.

eg8r

Qtec
05-24-2012, 05:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When someone thinks I insulted them that is only because they cannot handle the truth. </div></div>

More BS. If the truth was a freight train and you were standing on the track, it would pass straight through you. You would be like, "What was that?" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Q

hondo
05-24-2012, 06:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When someone thinks I insulted them that is only because they cannot handle the truth. </div></div>

More BS. If the truth was a freight train and you were standing on the track, it would pass straight through you. You would be like, "What was that?" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Q </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif