PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!

sack316
05-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Just popping in for a quick update:

Monday we went for our regular checkup... something seemed wrong, and one month early little Samuel Richard was born via an emergency C-Section!

It was the most terrifying and joyous few hours of my life.

He and Momma came through it fine.

There were some complications he has that we were aware of prior to birth, and the little guy will be spending the first month or so of his life at UAB Children's Hospital in Birmingham.

Yesterday he had his first surgery, and all went well. I knew he'd be fine because when he would grip my finger it was surprisingly strong fora little 3 pound fella!

Anyway, I've spent all week running back and forth between Montgomery and Birmingham, alternating my time/care between him and Momma. She was finally discharged this afternoon, and we're home this evening resting. We'll be off to Birmingham tomorrow to be as close to little Samuel as possible.

The last several days have been one big blur, but I did want everyone to know so far so good on everything. He'll have a long road ahead, but the staff up there is the best there is and I have complete faith that they'll get the job done.

Hope everyone is well, and I'll do my best to update as much as possible. It's mostly been via facebook, but I'll try to pop on here when I can to update when I can.

I'll attempt to add a few of my favorite pics so far!

God Bless and talk to you all soon!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541963_10150796100816326_576466325_9844743_4869228 6_n.jpg
Clutching Daddy's finger /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/401664_10150799887276326_576466325_9856370_8679618 _n.jpg
Gonna smile through it all!

Sack

Gayle in MD
05-25-2012, 02:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just popping in for a quick update:

Monday we went for our regular checkup... something seemed wrong, and one month early little Samuel Richard was born via an emergency C-Section!

It was the most terrifying and joyous few hours of my life.

He and Momma came through it fine.

There were some complications he has that we were aware of prior to birth, and the little guy will be spending the first month or so of his life at UAB Children's Hospital in Birmingham.

Yesterday he had his first surgery, and all went well. I knew he'd be fine because when he would grip my finger it was surprisingly strong fora little 3 pound fella!

Anyway, I've spent all week running back and forth between Montgomery and Birmingham, alternating my time/care between him and Momma. She was finally discharged this afternoon, and we're home this evening resting. We'll be off to Birmingham tomorrow to be as close to little Samuel as possible.

The last several days have been one big blur, but I did want everyone to know so far so good on everything. He'll have a long road ahead, but the staff up there is the best there is and I have complete faith that they'll get the job done.

Hope everyone is well, and I'll do my best to update as much as possible. It's mostly been via facebook, but I'll try to pop on here when I can to update when I can.

I'll attempt to add a few of my favorite pics so far!

God Bless and talk to you all soon!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541963_10150796100816326_576466325_9844743_4869228 6_n.jpg
Clutching Daddy's finger /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/401664_10150799887276326_576466325_9856370_8679618 _n.jpg
Gonna smile through it all!

Sack </div></div>

Congratulations Sack!

Tough for you both, I'm sure, to have to be away from the baby.

He's a cutie!

All best wishes and hopes coming your way, friend. I hope Samuel Richard will soon be all well, and home with Mom and Daddy.

Keep in touch! Take loads of pictures!

Love,
Gayle

eg8r
05-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Congratulations! Having my kids was the second and third greatest day of my life (getting married to my beautiful with being the first).

Love on the little guy as much as possible.

eg8r

Qtec
05-25-2012, 04:41 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Kinda puts things into perspective.

Q...happy for Sack

hondo
05-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Glad mom and baby are okay. Congratulations!

LWW
05-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Congratulations on the blessed event.

sack316
05-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you everyone for the well wishes! I really appreciate it and glad to be able to share our joy with the CCB family!

Sack

Soflasnapper
05-25-2012, 10:58 AM
A scarey situation in such a critical matter that works out well is a wonderful relief. You are blessed to have a great team making this result possible. Congratulations, and best wishes to your whole family.

sack316
05-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Thank you my friend

Sack

sack316
05-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Well Momma got discharged from the hospital yesterday. I brought her home to rest, and finally this afternoon I was able to take her to Birmingham so she could see her son for the first time since he was born on Monday.

He was under a Billy light (I believe it is called) because he was jaundiced... which should be able to be turned off tomorrow. So unfortunately his eyes were covered.

But as sleepy as he was, he no doubt could recognize my touch and her voice. It was amazing how comforted I could tell her was. Pretty cool how he has spent the majority of his young life with nurses, doctors, and surgeons... but yet very obviously knows who his Mommy and Daddy are.

Everything is still looking well from his surgery the other day. Hopefully he will actually be able to eat on Tuesday, so fingers crossed everything continues to go smoothly on that front.

And if that is the case, we should hopefully be able to bring him home in another 3-4 weeks afterwards.

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts, well wishes, and prayers! I'll keep y'all posted on any new developments

Sack