PDA

View Full Version : You need to see this..Uncle drew. LOL

Qtec
05-24-2012, 11:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It took a few hours for Cavaliers' rookie Kyrie Irving to suit up, complete with prosthetics and a whole lot of make-up. But the response to this video suggests it may have been time well spent. In a new Pepsi ad, the 2011-2012NBA Rookie of the Year stuns a few unsuspecting pick-up players as "Uncle Drew," an old-school alter ego.

Irving transforms into Uncle Drew, a lethargic old man who pontificates on basketball greats like Wilt Chamberlin while lamenting on the "flashy shoes" of today's game. Uncle Drew joins an entourage that follows his "nephew," Kevin, to a public court in New Jersey where they are purportedly filming a fake documentary showcasing Kevin's skills. Things get interesting when one of Kevin's teammates gets injured during a pick-up game and Kevin asks Uncle Drew to come off the bench to fill in.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Irving plays reluctant at first as the opposing team and spectators scoff at the substitution. After a few air balls and a lot of heavy panting for good measure, Irving turns off the act and unleashes a fury of skills while staying in character.
The shock from everyone is palpable and Irving puts on a show, smoking everybody on the court.</span> </div></div>

LMAO. This is great. This is great. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/22/kyrie-irving-uncle-drew-ad-pepsi-max-video_n_1539352.html?ref=sports)

Q...the guy can play, that's for sure. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

eg8r
05-25-2012, 03:44 AM
It is such a shame he did not stick around Duke for a couple more years. He was incredible when he was not injured. Oh the championships they could have won. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Back to the video, when he threw the ball against the glass and then slammed it I cracked up watching the people's faces. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
05-25-2012, 04:45 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Back to the video, w<u>hen he threw the ball against the glass and then slammed it I cracked up watching the people's faces.</u> \:\)</div></div>

LOL. Me too!

I'm sure few suspected something at the end, especially after the dunk you mentioned /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif but he played the part well.

You see! We can agree on some things! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q...some of his moves were too quick for the eye to see. Amazing.

I'm going to watch it again!

eg8r
05-25-2012, 05:07 AM
You should look for some of his highlights on youtube from high school and college. He is so lightening fast it is just crazy. To watch him make professional basketball players look foolish (swatting at air) is just a joy to watch.

eg8r

Qtec
05-25-2012, 05:17 AM
I will. Thanks for the tip. Normally, I'm not a big fan of Basketball but this guy has opened my eyes to the skill level of the top players.

I just thought it was a great video. Its had millions of hits. It has nothing to do with Pepsi except the fact it is known as the Pepsi Max ad!

Brilliant.

Q

Qtec
05-25-2012, 05:32 AM
He is the lay up king.

In the vid he plays a lay up shot and it was the spin that took it into the basket.[ round about the 2 min mark].

Q