PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Wave Cue Cases

U Rack Em
05-27-2012, 10:03 AM
I am looking at purchasing a new case and am looking at the Sterling Wave in a 3 butt 4 shaft configuration. Can anyone give any info on these cases? Good/bad? worth the money?...ect??

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Ross

DiabloViejo
05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: U Rack Em</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking at purchasing a new case and am looking at the Sterling Wave in a 3 butt 4 shaft configuration. Can anyone give any info on these cases? Good/bad? worth the money?...ect??

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Ross </div></div>

Sterling Wave cases were designed by John Barton (who also manufactures custom cases). The Wave cases feature what John calls an "organic rebound" interior which makes getting the cues out of the case very easy and provides excellent and snug protection for your cues. IMO the Wave case is an excellent case at a great price. It's far better than anything else in its price range or even higher.

1hit1der
06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I really like the value of the Sterling Wave cases. You can watch John Barton videos advertising them to get all of the (admittedly) bias highlights on youtube. They definitely take up less space than typical tube cases, but they still feel pretty robust. I have some cues that have larger diameters than typical cues, so they don't fit in most tube cases, but they'll fit in the Wave case with its stretchy fabric interior. The zippers on the outside pockets are big horseshoe shaped, so it makes it easy to access anything you stuff in there. There's also a jump handle sleeve inside the big pocket. I also like the design, but that's more of a personal preference. Again, it's just a great value if you don't need your case to be a work of art.

Rich R.
06-01-2012, 08:27 PM
If others are correct and John Barton designed this case, that is reason enough to never buy it. I will never buy any product that John Barton is associated with.

U Rack Em
06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on ordering one shortly. I am curious why you (Rich R.) would have a problem with John B. Personal? bad products? ... I have heard nothing but good from any of the work that he does including standing behind his products which he does very well.

Rich R.
06-08-2012, 05:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: U Rack Em</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the feedback. I am planning on ordering one shortly. I am curious why you (Rich R.) would have a problem with John B. Personal? bad products? ... I have heard nothing but good from any of the work that he does including standing behind his products which he does very well. </div></div>
It's strictly personal. I have nothing bad to say about his products except that he has been known to steal a design or two and call them "tribute" cases.

Grapenut
06-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Great case for the money. I have a 3x4 and constantly get favorable comments on it. I thought this would suffice until I could afford a nicer case. But realized that any more money out would just be for appearance.So, I'm sticking with this one.

Nut

Bambu
06-17-2012, 06:09 PM
LOL Rich, count me in on that one. Nice cases but I will never support that lunatic. I once asked him to see the proof on cte he claimed to have, and he ended up threatening me!

Rich R.
06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bambu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL Rich, count me in on that one. Nice cases but I will never support that lunatic. I once asked him to see the proof on cte he claimed to have, and he ended up threatening me! </div></div>
That's the John we all know and hate.

Eric.
06-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Like others have said, I don't know if I can support a volatile, unstable, vindictive guy like John Barton. To some, it might seem petty, but hey, it's my money.

Eric

U Rack Em
06-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Well...thank you all for your insight. Its like saying I am not going to eat at McDonalds becasue they support Obama. All I care about is what kind of product it is and if it was worth the money spent to own one! I could care less about who he is on a personal level.

Eric.
06-23-2012, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: U Rack Em</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...thank you all for your insight. Its like saying I am not going to eat at McDonalds becasue they support Obama. All I care about is what kind of product it is and if it was worth the money spent to own one! I could care less about who he is on a personal level. </div></div>

Thats not a good analogy. Here's a better one:

It's like saying that you are not gonna buy a car from the local dealer because he is an unstable hot head.

With this analogy, the car might hold up fine, but gawd forbid if you have issues or may need to bring it in for repairs.

Eric

Rich R.
06-23-2012, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: U Rack Em</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...thank you all for your insight. Its like saying I am not going to eat at McDonalds becasue they support Obama. All I care about is what kind of product it is and if it was worth the money spent to own one! I could care less about who he is on a personal level. </div></div>
How about not eating at McDonalds because they are poisoning children with high fat, high sodium food and taking all of the profits to China?
Ok, I made up the part about China. I don't really know where their profits go but you get my drift.
One of the reasons this country is in the shape it is in is because people are willing to buy cheaper products even though the profits go to other countries. I won't say I haven't done it myself but I do try to minimize it as much as possible. In today's world, sometimes you just can't find a made in America product to fit your needs.
In the case of John Barton, he is taking his profits to China. Enough said. Buy what you want. I'm not really sure why you asked.

U Rack Em
06-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the input. I personally don't have any issues with him, or what he stands for. I was just looking for what type of workmanship and usability the cases offered. Sorry if I offended anyone. I just want a decent pool case without breaking the bank to own one.

Fran Crimi
06-23-2012, 05:04 PM
You've gotten all the info you need to evaluate the situation. Waste of time to continue.

Ahhh.....never mind. Go for it. LOL!

U Rack Em
06-23-2012, 07:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've gotten all the info you need to evaluate the situation. Waste of time to continue.

Ahhh.....never mind. Go for it. LOL! </div></div>

as tempting as it might be... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I must bow out of any argument about who is who in the pool industry according to internet experts!.

Rich R.
06-23-2012, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: U Rack Em</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran Crimi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've gotten all the info you need to evaluate the situation. Waste of time to continue.

Ahhh.....never mind. Go for it. LOL! </div></div>

as tempting as it might be... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I must bow out of any argument about who is who in the pool industry according to internet experts!. </div></div>
There is definitely a lot of conflicting opinions on the internet about a lot of people. When it comes to John Barton, opinions run pretty heavily to one side. End of story!

I don't want to make this forum like the NPR forum so I'm done with this thread.