PDA

View Full Version : Science Defeats Creationism In OK!

DiabloViejo
05-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Science Defeats Creationism In Oklahoma In Flawless Victory
May 27, 2012
By Stephen D. Foster Jr.
Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/27/science-defeats-creationism-in-oklahoma-in-flawless-victory/)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/AntiScienceRepublican.jpg

Three anti-science bills that would have severely set back the education of students in Oklahoma died quietly last week when the legislative session came to an end.

Among the bills that were killed includes:

SB 1742, which would have allowed teachers to challenge evolution using the Biblical theory known as creationism.

HB 1551 died previously in early April. That bill amounted to a full-fledged attack on climate change and evolution. Republican state Rep. Steve Russell attempted to amend an unrelated education bill, called HB 2341, to include the anti-science language of HB 1551 but that also failed.

With the end of the legislative session, all of these efforts to force creationism into science classrooms have been defeated meaning science has once again prevailed in another Republican dominated state. Earlier this month, science scored victories over creationism in Missouri and Alabama.

With these victories, Republican attempts to replace science with religion have been thwarted for the time being. Educators and scientists across the nation have been fighting in defense of science and the education of our kids for months, and now they have big wins in three different states. Science and fact once again reigns supreme.

http://chris.teodorski.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/creationism.jpg

Qtec
05-28-2012, 03:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the end of the legislative session, <u>all of these efforts to force creationism into science classrooms </u> </div></div>

Just another attempt to force their religious beliefs onto the rest, while at the same time claiming religious persecution.

Q

LWW
05-28-2012, 03:14 AM
You are aware tat science demands creation, and all scientific evidence points to the universe having a mommy f creation?

What's that?

You are only parroting dogma spoon fed to you by the church of te state, and you don't ave any trial grasp of the concepts involved?

You convinced me.

DiabloViejo
05-28-2012, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are aware tat science demands creation, and all scientific evidence points to the universe having a mommy f creation?

What's that?

You are only parroting dogma spoon fed to you by the church of te state, and you don't ave any trial grasp of the concepts involved?

You convinced me. </div></div>

Well alrighty then! Have another shot of booze and please explain all the things "tat" pertain to the "mommy f creation".

You desperately need to work on some new material, "parroting spoon fed dogma", and the rest of your standard replies, are getting quite old.

As to your assertion that I "don't ave any trial grasp of the concepts involved"...WTF is that supposed to mean? (English please!) I'll assume you were trying to say that I have no grasp of the science underlying the argument against creationism, and of course, you'd be wrong once again.

It's funny how you feel the need to question my intellectual capacities. It is as if you are living with the monstrous delusion that you are some sort of intellectual colossus. Well "Mr. Colossus", the fact is that if we engaged in a contest of said capacities, you'd lose like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

Now bring forth your best arguments in defense of creationist tripe and I will address and dismember each and every one of them for you.

One last thing, for your own sake, stay away from your keyboard when you're inebriated..the results are not very flattering to you, or your cause.

cushioncrawler
05-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Hmmmmmm. Dunno that reading the The Holey Bible iz eezy, or eezyr than a bunch of hard ones. In fakt its impossible to read the The Holey Bible. Karnt be dunn. Haz anyone ever managed. Dont think so. I think i kood read 10 science type books eezyer timewize and effortwize etc kompared to 1 Bible, or over 1000 seeing az the The Holey Bible iz impossible.

I hav intentionally or accidentally bort a small number of Kathlick books or Christian books. All are impossible to read. Karnt be dunn. The brain hurts too much. Koz the brain looks for good stuff, and puts that good stuff in kompartments, in some sort of order. Eezy to do with science books, koz there iz good stuff, and it iz orderly and kompartmentalized. Whilst Godma books are full of shit, zero fakts, zero kontent. Impossible to finish.
mac.

Qtec
05-29-2012, 03:12 AM
While claiming intellectual superiority, all he has is GOP TPs, catch phrases from Luntz and a slavish devotion to criticizing 'Obamatrons'[ LOL] despite the facts.

All the while of course claiming impartiality?

Q