PDA

View Full Version : War pigs killing the US golden goose



Soflasnapper
05-29-2012, 10:25 AM
WAR PIGS – THE FALL OF A GLOBAL EMPIRE
Posted on May 28, 2012 by JimQ

“We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security.” -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“How far can you go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?” -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of deaths construction

In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!
Black Sabbath – War Pigs

General Douglas MacArthur understood this danger to our liberty.

“I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.”
Economic Opportunity Cost

“You can’t say civilization don’t advance… in every war they kill you in a new way.” – Will Rogers

The Soviet Union collapsed in 1989, leaving the United States as the only remaining superpower on earth. Since 1990, the United States has depleted the U.S. Treasury of $11.5 trillion for spending on War. With no military on earth capable of challenging us why would there be a need to spend this much on the military? Over this same time frame the U.S. spent $500 billion on science, space & technology and $70 billion on energy, a mere 6% of the spending on invading sovereign countries. Military expenditures benefit humanity in no way. If these trillions had been invested by the private sector or devoted to energy and scientific research, our economy might not be a hollowed out shell, dependent on China for financing and oil exporting countries for energy. Neo-Cons argue the Arms Industry employs millions and benefits the country. These companies employ brilliant engineers and scientists who spend their days developing weapons that kill people more efficiently. If they had been employed manufacturing high tech goods to export around the world, inventing new technologies that didn’t obliterate human beings, newer safer nuclear power plants, a more efficient electric grid, upgrading our deteriorating infrastructure, or finding a cure for Alzheimer’s, would the United States be better off today?

The rest here, with informative graphics. (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/) Currently the second piece down the page (dated 5/28).

cushioncrawler
05-29-2012, 04:33 PM
ROME WOZNT BUILT IN A DAY. BUT.
MAC.

llotter
05-29-2012, 04:35 PM
That MacArthur quote is probably referencing the leftist/commies that were well represented in DC and elsewhere within our borders. No doubt they were advising Truman when he fired MacArthur during the Korean War. If MacArthur had his way, maybe we would be seeing a better world than the one we are now facing.

The $11.5T over 20+ years doesn't seem all that exorbitant though like all government programs there would likely be plenty of waste. Yes, it would be better is there were no military expenses if it were possible but considering we are now in a war with imminent threat of a couple more it is hard to imagine just the the world will stop doing what it has always done.

The real problem is not the 20% of federal spending that the military represents but the other 80% which is 95% waste and destructive.

Soflasnapper
05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Rumsfeld revealed that the Pentagon cannot account for $2.1 trillion in spending, and that as for current spending, they cannot track about 25% of it. That was in 2001, 9/10/01 to be specific, BEFORE THEY TRIPLED THAT BUDGET! Think it might be a bit worse now?

Perhaps you take in on faith that of course, there is no waste, theft, or abuse in the lost expenditures, but such an arcane accounting system as that was called, by Rumsfeld, a disgrace, and a matter of life and death. Perhaps he was only exaggerating, but those are staggering public statements from the SecDef.