PDA

View Full Version : "Christian" Church cheers child’s anti-gay hymn

DiabloViejo
05-30-2012, 10:31 PM
<span style="color: #000099">This is creepy: This toddler has no idea what's going on, and the huge burst of cheers that greets the chorus, "Ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven" makes these people seem pathetically desperate to have their point of view validated. This comes hot on the heels of one pastor calling for parents to beat the gay out of their kids and break their limps wrists, another pastor calling for concentration camps with electric fences for gays and lesbians, and yet another pastor expressing his views that the government should execute gays. How's that good old right wing "Christian tolerance" thing working out for them? You be the judge.</span>

Christian hate: Church cheers child’s anti-gay hymn (Video)
Michael Stone
May 30, 2012
Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/article/christian-hate-church-cheers-child-s-anti-gay-hymn-video)

A recently released video shows a church full of Christians cheering a young boy as he sings a disturbing, gay bashing hymn.

The video (http://youtu.be/iRNbC-aSFLc) takes place in a church in Greensburg, Indiana, and depicts a young boy approximately four or five years of age singing a homophobic song in front of the congregation. The church congregation gives the young boy a rousing, standing ovation when the innocent child sings the anti-gay lyrics:

<span style="color: #990000">“Ain’t no homos gonna make it to heaven.”</span>

Teaching children to hate is despicable. The fact that so many Christians indoctrinate their children with such ugly, superstitious, ignorant nonsense is child abuse.

About the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle, the church where the ugly example of Christian anti-gay bigotry occurred, Dan Savage, founder of the It Gets Better project, writes:

<span style="color: #990000">That’s the town where Billy Lucas was bullied to death for being perceived to be gay by his classmates. I wonder if they stood up and cheered at Apostolic Truth Tabernacle when Lucas died—hey, another homo in hell. I wonder if any of Lucas’s tormentors attend services at Apostolic Truth Tabernacle. And remember: I’m an anti-Christian bully for pointing out the connection between what straight kids are taught about “homos” in the sh*thole mega-churches they’re dragged to by their parents and what they turn around and do to “homos” they encounter in classrooms. And what if that precocious little four-year-old singer is gay?

Praise the Lord and pass the barf bags.</span>

This is clearly child abuse. Teaching a child to hate is inexcusable. Words fail to adequately convey the depravity of this church full of Christian monsters perverting such innocent young minds.

Readers can find the church website here (http://www.apostolictruthtabernacle.net/contact_us) , and their Facebook page. Let them know that their actions are absolutely and unequivocally disgusting and that you want them to come out with a statement condemning such acts. You can also write letters to their pastor here:

<span style="color: #990000">Apostolic Church Pastor – Rev. Jeff Sangl
1114 W Westridge Parkway Greensburg, IN. 47240
You can leave a message here:
1 (812) 662-8224</span>

Please react non-violently if you choose to contact the church, its representatives, or its members.

http://www.atheistmemebase.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/325-Jesus-Did-I-stutter-christians-homophobia-jesus.jpg

Qtec
05-31-2012, 04:53 AM
I made a post on this earlier. eg8r thought it was an isolated incident and didn't represent the whole faith.

I say he is wrong. When its one of the two political parties that,s pushing this gay issue, it becomes policy. People feel free and encouraged to go further.

Attack the gays. blame the gays. etc etc etc

Its pathetic.

Its a pity they are not against corruption, adultery, baring false witness and child abuse etc on the same scale.

Q

Q

Gayle in MD
05-31-2012, 06:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made a post on this earlier. eg8r thought it was an isolated incident and didn't represent the whole faith.

I say he is wrong. When its one of the two political parties that,s pushing this gay issue, it becomes policy. People feel free and encouraged to go further.

Attack the gays. blame the gays. etc etc etc

Its pathetic.

Its a pity they are not against corruption, adultery, baring false witness and child abuse etc on the same scale.

Q

Q

</div></div>

How disgusting!

Perhaps some of their hate spreadig is the reason why the number of "Christians" in America is steadily declining.

In fact, the number of people involved in organized religion in general in this country, is decining.

Perhaps people are finally waking up to the con game.

BTW ever noticed how many of these priests and reverends are FAT, as in OBESE!

There is plenty of fighting going on within the Catholic religion, as we write, a panel of priests being formed to reign in the nuns in America. Seems they actually have opinions! They support planned parenthood, because of alll of the medical aid for women who cannot afford it, you know, that organization that millionaire Mitsey will do away with on his first day as president, the guy whose wife got the best medical treatment money can buy for her medical illnesses?

Oh yeah, got to reign in the only people involved in the Catholic Religion who actually do perform charity, without abusing kids with pedophilia!

Outrageous! Women, with opinions! I've heard that is actually cause for being banned from certain internet forums!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Why would loving parents take their children to a location every week where hatred, homophobia, misogyny, judgemenntal attitudes, and actual brain washing is prosecuted against their psychological well being????

Beats me!

G.

DiabloViejo
05-31-2012, 07:23 AM
<span style="color: #000099">Another man of God calling for the death of others. Maybe we could remind him of all the things that call for death in the book of Leviticus...things like getting your hair trimmed, working on Sunday, eating shellfish, or planting two crops in one field. Do you think he will be calling for the government to kill people who violate those laws?</span>

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

The pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas says President Barack Obama has gone too far in supporting same sex marriage and it’s time for the U.S. government to begin killing gay men and lesbians.LINK (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/30/kansas-pastor-calls-on-u-s-government-to-kill-lgbt-people/)

<span style="color: #000099">Can't you just feel the "Christian" love? </span>

Gayle in MD
05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #000099">Another man of God calling for the death of others. Maybe we could remind him of all the things that call for death in the book of Leviticus...things like getting your hair trimmed, working on Sunday, eating shellfish, or planting two crops in one field. Do you think he will be calling for the government to kill people who violate those laws?</span>

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

The pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas says President Barack Obama has gone too far in supporting same sex marriage and it’s time for the U.S. government to begin killing gay men and lesbians.LINK (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/30/kansas-pastor-calls-on-u-s-government-to-kill-lgbt-people/)

<span style="color: #000099">Can't just feel the "Christian" love? </span> </div></div>

More Repiglican destruction of Constitutional rights.

Equal opportunity under our laws, the entire basis of this country.

Let this pig in Kansas, give up his tax exemption!

The organized religions in this country have become hate cults!

It is long past time for the IRS to crack down on these religious leaders who think they have the right to spew hatred, and then get a tax free environment in which to prosecute their filth.

G.

eg8r
05-31-2012, 07:54 AM
You are very wrong this is an isolated event.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-31-2012, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are very wrong this is an isolated event.

eg8r </div></div>

LMAO!

Isolated? Happens every week! In the news continuously. Every week, we hear more about these radical religious nutjobs spreading hate from the pulpit.

That's not what I call isolated. It is predominate in the news, not isolated.!

G.

DiabloViejo
05-31-2012, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are very wrong this is an isolated event.

eg8r </div></div>

Oh please! Stop your BS already! Isolated event my azz, homophobia, misoginy, racism, intolerance, calls for violence, and dominionism are all the rage in right wing "Christian" circles.

Gayle in MD
05-31-2012, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are very wrong this is an isolated event.

eg8r </div></div>

Oh please! Stop your BS already! Isolated event my azz, homophobia, misoginy, racism, intolerance, calls for violence, and dominionism are all the rage in right wing "Christian" circles. </div></div>

He lives in denial. He saw what happened to the Gulf, but he's still going to go right back into the booth and vote for Repiglicans, The Grand Oil Party, which is destroying our environment, and filibustering every effort to clean it up!

Righties vote against their own best interests.

What's The Matter With Kansas???

Same thing that is the matter with the south!

G.

eg8r
05-31-2012, 09:13 AM
LOL, I will stop when you do. It is your lies that draw these types of posts from me.

eg8r

eg8r
05-31-2012, 09:14 AM
LOL, yet another exmaple of your piss poor memory. Let's see if I can help the old dog out once again. I did not vote for McCain/Palin and I have said more than once I will not vote for Romney.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, yet another exmaple of your piss poor memory. Let's see if I can help the old dog out once again. I did not vote for McCain/Palin and I have said more than once I will not vote for Romney.

eg8r </div></div>

I never wrote that you voted for McCain, nor that you were going to vote for Romney.

LEARN TO READ.

G.

eg8r
05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but he's still going to go right back into the booth and vote for Repiglicans, </div></div>LOL, I guess it is you that needs to learn to read. How can I go back into the booth and vote for Repiglicans if I didn't do that the last time? Hello McFly, earth to McFly...

eg8r

llotter
05-31-2012, 09:43 AM
You are never too young to begin learning right from wrong. Liberals think that if they study something enough then wrong will become right but the libs are wrong yet again.

DiabloViejo
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I will stop when you do. It is your lies that draw these types of posts from me.

eg8r </div></div>

LOL! Please provide specific instances of my lies. Oh, what's that? You can't? Gee, could it be because <u>you're</u> lying? Hmmmmm....

Yeah, when all else fails call someone a liar to obscure your own prevarication huh? You are so predictable.

DiabloViejo
05-31-2012, 12:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are never too young to begin learning right from wrong. Liberals think that if they study something enough then wrong will become right but the libs are wrong yet again. </div></div>

I would say to you that you are never too old to begin learning the same lessons. I say that because you come across as some very old person whose brain has ossified and is therefore incapable of accepting anything that doesn't fit his jaundiced concepts.

I'm terribly sorry but I don't subscribe to the "ignorance is bliss" school. You on the other hand are perfectly free to keep your head stuck deeply in the sands of bigotry, ignorance, and lock step conformity to your right wing masters.

While we're at it, please tell me how you are personally affected by gays having sex and/or getting married?

llotter
06-01-2012, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...please tell me how you are personally affected by gays having sex and/or getting married?</div></div>

By asking such a question you are implying that unless you find the reasons acceptable, then there can be no reason to follow those rules. However, that is not the premise of how moral strictures work in a free and civil society.

A law can be passed by a mere majority of the legislators and must be followed by all and is enforced by societies police powers. In the case of moral rules within a society, they must be agreed on by a near unanimity and are largely 'enforced' by voluntary compliance. And, it is the voluntary aspect of the moral codes of behavior, not the legal rules that ultimately preserve our freedom and civility and hold back the police state.

A moral code that was left to the individual to design and approve would be completely ineffectual and an invitation to a police state. That is pretty much where we find ourselves today, a growing disagreement on the traditional moral code and therefore, a growing police state that is based on small majorities garnered in the legislatures. A growing number of legal rules and a shrinking number of voluntary rules...more state, less freedom.

Gayle in MD
06-01-2012, 07:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but he's still going to go right back into the booth and vote for Repiglicans, </div></div>LOL, I guess it is you that needs to learn to read. How can I go back into the booth and vote for Repiglicans if I didn't do that the last time? Hello McFly, earth to McFly...

eg8r </div></div>

Are you really that stupid that you think we ONLY vote for the President in the coming elections?

Hello Mr. FloriDUH.

G.

Gayle in MD
06-01-2012, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...please tell me how you are personally affected by gays having sex and/or getting married?</div></div>

By asking such a question you are implying that unless you find the reasons acceptable, then there can be no reason to follow those rules. However, that is not the premise that the moral strictures work in a free and civil society.

A law can be passed by a mere majority of the legislators and must be followed by all and is enforced by societies police powers. In the case of moral rules within a society, they must be agreed on by a near unanimity and are largely 'enforced' by voluntary compliance. And, it is the voluntary aspect of the moral codes of behavior, not the legal rules that ultimately preserve our freedom and civility and hold back the police state.

A moral code that was left to the individual to design and approve would be completely ineffectual and an invitation to a police state. That is pretty much where we find ourselves today, a growing disagreement on the traditional moral code and therefore, a growing police state that is based on small majorities garnered in the legislatures. A growing number of legal rules and a shrinking number of voluntary rules...more state, less freedom.

</div></div>

So IOW, you can't answer the question.

Got it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.