PDA

View Full Version : 6 Ridiculous Lies You Believe About the Founding

Sev
05-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Its amazing the amount of both historical and archeological information they leave out.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19864_6-ridiculous-lies-you-believe-about-founding-america_p2.html<span style='font-size: 23pt'>
6 Ridiculous Lies You Believe About the Founding of America</span>

Soflasnapper
05-31-2012, 03:41 PM
I take it you are disagreeing with that article?

Why? I read it last week and thought it seemed accurate. What particularly is false or misleading?

Sev
05-31-2012, 04:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I take it you are disagreeing with that article?

Why? I read it last week and thought it seemed accurate. What particularly is false or misleading? </div></div>

A mistaken assumption.

Soflasnapper
05-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Ok, so you mean the myth-makers leave out the historical context and archeological evidence. Got it, and sure, I agree.

Sev
05-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Have your read "Forbidden Archeology"?

Soflasnapper
05-31-2012, 06:26 PM
No, but I've heard the author speak on that topic on radio with George Nouri, and I know his general topic material if not all his particular examples.

It's eye-opening to understand how the powers that be in all fields close ranks and sweep any oddities under the rug, for whatever reasons they may have.

I'm quite convinced that we have been given a very limited, and often mainly false, version of what has been found and what it must mean.

Another great example is the total lack of any archaelogical evidence to support the stories of the Old Testament. It's an open secret in the archaelogical community, even as lying shills bring back 20 year old frauds (that ossuary story, e.g.) as new truths and claim the opposite.

Sev
05-31-2012, 07:30 PM
I agree.
Though they tend to call people who believe so conspiracy theorists. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Soflasnapper
06-02-2012, 02:27 PM
CTRME!

Or a conspiracy factualist, I'd say.

Someone once said, I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up! I especially like the false debunking that goes on.

"Not that again? Don't you know that was totally disproved by xyz?"

But the debunking is false, frequently. However, cleverly done false debunking is very persuasive, and kind of closes many minds who think they now know the score. (See Popular Mechanics, e.g.).

Sev
06-02-2012, 03:49 PM
As long as the truth is out there one day it will manage to surface.

Just watched a documentary on the existence of Mermen and woman. Now fact or fiction on the documentation and video I cant say. However the existence of a species such as that would be something that would need to be debunked. Their existence and implications would be stunning. Especially if they also happened to be sapient beings.

Soflasnapper
06-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Crypto-biology is a fascinating topic.

A lot of combo-type creatures in mythology-- chimeras, gryphons. It would be amazing if that were substantiated.

Sev
06-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Indeed it would.

Some speculate that perhaps such creatures cross over from time to time when the wall between the universes soften.

Now that bring in the concept of a multiverse.

Others suggest alien experiments.

eg8r
06-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Where is all the outrage against the history classes? Come on people, we can't tell kids there was a creator (even though there is no proof otherwise) but we can lie to them all day long in history class. Is this happening because there just is not enough money being pumped into public education? Is it that they need more money or would just simply teaching what needs to be taught and being historically accurate would suffice?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Look no further than the newer Texas school book historical curriculum* to see how the textbooks omit large areas of our history that used to be taught, and emphasize areas that were never before emphasized as key historical events that all children should know, in order to foster a warped and censored tale of our history, for politically correct and 'patriotic' reasons.

Nor did it just start. Basically, the Rockefellers, through their various foundations, began erasing history with their influence over the teaching syllabus and textbook content well back in the 20th century.

What history would they favor erasing? To start off with, their massacres of union workers on strike using the Pinkerton private police mercenaries and the entire labor movement struggle.

The right of juries to judge both the facts and the law, as a matter of English common law and as a key check of the people against tyrannical laws (by refusing to enforce them, using petite jury nullification), which was part of our system until, again, the labor movement's rise. It used to be an automatic ground for a mistrial if the jury instruction didn't include that information (that they could judge the law as well as the facts). That power, of centuries' standing as a key bulwark against state power, before our country was founded, and for more than 100 years of our country's history, has been hidden and denied and thus destroyed, by individuals from the money power.

*They took Thomas Jefferson out of history in favor of John Calvin, and insisted Phyllis Schlafly should be taught. ???? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Board removed Thomas Jefferson from the Texas curriculum's world history standards on Enlightenment thinking, “replacing him with religious right icon John Calvin.”

From the Texas Freedom Network's live-blog of the board hearing:

Board member Cynthia Dunbar wants to change a standard having students study the impact of Enlightenment ideas on political revolutions from 1750 to the present. She wants to drop the reference to Enlightenment ideas (replacing with “the writings of”) and to Thomas Jefferson. She adds Thomas Aquinas and others. Jefferson’s ideas, she argues, were based on other political philosophers listed in the standards. We don’t buy her argument at all. Board member Bob Craig of Lubbock points out that the curriculum writers clearly wanted to students to study Enlightenment ideas and Jefferson. Could Dunbar’s problem be that Jefferson was a Deist? The board approves the amendment, taking Thomas Jefferson OUT of the world history standards.

We’re just picking ourselves up off the floor. The board’s far-right faction has spent months now proclaiming the importance of emphasizing America’s exceptionalism in social studies classrooms. But today they voted to remove one of the greatest of America’s Founders, Thomas Jefferson, from a standard about the influence of great political philosophers on political revolutions from 1750 to today.</div></div>

More (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/13/texas-textbook-massacre-u_n_498003.html#s73765&title=Thomas_Jefferson_Whos)

eg8r
06-04-2012, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look no further than the newer Texas school book historical curriculum* to see how the textbooks omit large areas of our history that used to be taught, and emphasize areas that were never before emphasized as key historical events that all children should know, in order to foster a warped and censored tale of our history, for politically correct and 'patriotic' reasons.

</div></div>OH you are so full of BS. You call the "new" changes warped yet foster the old way as OK when clearly they were warped also. Give me a freaking break.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nor did it just start. Basically, the Rockefellers, through their various foundations, began erasing history with their influence over the teaching syllabus and textbook content well back in the 20th century.

What history would they favor erasing? To start off with, their massacres of union workers on strike using the Pinkerton private police mercenaries and the entire labor movement struggle.</div></div>

Quoting myself, as you clearly missed this part.

Unless you think I believe the Rockefeller Foundation changes in history book content were fine. If somehow you were confused about my view of that, I opposed that as well as the more recent vintage distortions of history.

I expect the Rockefellers left in a lot about Jefferson, however, and although Calvinists themselves, didn't take him out to put John Calvin in. Or mention the HUGE HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE of Phyllis Schlafley.

Good grief, son. NOBODY ought to censor history, or slant textbooks for children for ideological reasons. Now, or then.

eg8r
06-05-2012, 06:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you think I believe the Rockefeller Foundation changes in history book content were fine. If somehow you were confused about my view of that, I opposed that as well as the more recent vintage distortions of history.
</div></div>Well forgive me for believing this after the fact. In all the threads we have had you have never said anything about opposing what was already there. Your silence actually tells us that you were fine with the status quo and were only opposing the new changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good grief, son. NOBODY ought to censor history, or slant textbooks for children for ideological reasons. Now, or then.</div></div>Thanks pop, I agree.

eg8r

Sev
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nor did it just start. Basically, the Rockefellers, through their various foundations, began erasing history with their influence over the teaching syllabus and textbook content well back in the 20th century.

What history would they favor erasing? To start off with, their massacres of union workers on strike using the Pinkerton private police mercenaries and the entire labor movement struggle.</div></div>

Quoting myself, as you clearly missed this part.

Unless you think I believe the Rockefeller Foundation changes in history book content were fine. If somehow you were confused about my view of that, I opposed that as well as the more recent vintage distortions of history.

I expect the Rockefellers left in a lot about Jefferson, however, and although Calvinists themselves, didn't take him out to put John Calvin in. Or mention the HUGE HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE of Phyllis Schlafley.

Good grief, son. NOBODY ought to censor history, or slant textbooks for children for ideological reasons. Now, or then. </div></div>

If they dumb down the youth any further history wont matter because they will neither be able to read it or have the cognitive ability to needed for critical thinking.

Soflasnapper
06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I love various books like 'What You Don't Know About American History,' 'Everything You Know is Wrong,' and etc.

Sev
06-08-2012, 05:48 AM
History is written by the victors.

Its understandable. However it is unfortunate that the truth both good and bad as well as valuable information is often lost.

Soflasnapper
06-08-2012, 12:17 PM
For today's world, if it isn't in electronic form on the WWW, it might as well never have existed.

So there is a huge amount of historical work that will be as gone from the world's attention as when the Library of Alexandria was torched.

Truth is so precious it must be safeguarded with a body guard of lies. And kept for the elite, safe from the vulgar public.