PDA

View Full Version : SPetty was right

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2002, 09:28 AM
SPetty warned us publicly and privately that a ringer would swoop into CCB land and snap off the tourney. To my chagrin I dismissed her warnings as unfounded. Remember next year folks: "Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it"

Tom_In_Cincy
10-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Ringer or not.. KillerBreak was registered and did post.. His credentials were valid for the tournament.. Plus.. he had an easy draw.. he didn't have to play me... LOL

Vicki
10-02-2002, 09:54 AM
Did you play in the CCB tourny? Was SPetty there? Just wondering...

Killer break is a registered, active poster, and a great player but not exactly a ringer. There were others there who played his speed and it could have gone a different way on another day. Also, he is one hell of a nice guy and, as far as I am concerned, deserved to win.

Just my .02, for what it's worth.

Vicki

Lester
10-02-2002, 10:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vicki:</font><hr> Did you play in the CCB tourny? Was SPetty there? Just wondering...

Killer break is a registered, active poster, and a great player but not exactly a ringer. There were others there who played his speed and it could have gone a different way on another day. Also, he is one hell of a nice guy and, as far as I am concerned, deserved to win.

Vicki <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Well said Vicki! I concur. He was "legal" and he won it fair and square. ***Lester***

SPetty
10-02-2002, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vicki:</font><hr> Was SPetty there? <hr></blockquote>Oh sure, Vicki, rub it in!

I couldn't make it this year. And, to clarify a tad - several weeks before the tourney, I simply wanted to make sure that all of you who were able to attend realized that there were some people who had signed up for the tourney that were not registered posters. I identified them and recommended that you call them on it and take the forfeit. (Killer Break wasn't on that list...)

I hope we hear more from Killer Break here on the CCB and that he does, in fact, become more of a "regular".

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2002, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vicki:</font><hr> Did you play in the CCB tourny? Was SPetty there? Just wondering...

Vicki <hr></blockquote>

No.

No.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vicki:</font><hr>

Vicki <hr></blockquote>

My post was meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Maybe it didn't come across that way. I really couldn't care less since I didn't play.

I just thought it was ironic that a guy with a total of 5 posts (that's active?) entered and won. And I was giving SPetty credit for predicting it. I'll give KillerBreak the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a serial lurker /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'll go back to minding my own business now.

Lester
10-02-2002, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I just thought it was ironic that a guy with a total of 5 posts (that's active?) entered and won. And I was giving SPetty credit for predicting it. I'll give KillerBreak the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a serial lurker /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'll go back to minding my own business now. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Wally, duly noted. Sometimes it's hard to see the tongue when it's firmly in cheek. (in text) Don't be offended, and we wish everyone registered could have been at the tournament. It was THAT MUCH fun. Killer Break is a nice guy with a great game, he was a gentleman throughout the tournament. He doesn't talk a whole lot, that might explain his low number of posts. ***Lester***

Rich R.
10-02-2002, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> He doesn't talk a whole lot, that might explain his low number of posts. ***Lester*** <hr></blockquote>
He obviously spends his time practicing, instead of on the CCB. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif
Rich R.

10-02-2002, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Ringer or not.. KillerBreak was registered and did post.. His credentials were valid for the tournament..

Plus.. he had an easy draw.. he didn't have to play me... <hr></blockquote>

Yeah,that's true.

Vicki and Holly had already knocked you out of the tournament? OUCH!

That Qball1951 fella probably brought the ringer in and cut up the purse later.They were goin' to get into the bigger tournament but thought that the CCB would be easier pickin's!

Oh,the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

jmo BS /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif